AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Maxda MX5 @LeMans, Wed 8th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think I remember this - were you on the outside coming into the first right-hander of the Porsche turns? I was bricking it at this point :roflmao: I'd made a mess of the previous corners and I struggled through the Porsche section at the best of times in the Abarth. I definitely didn't want to cause contact while we were on the edge of grip through there so I was about ready to yield and wait for my straight line pace on the Mulsanne, but the Mazda held back at the exact moment I was expecting to see it breeze past into the next apex.

I had a few battles through that section but that's the memory that sticks out, it was thrilling stuff from my perspective so thanks for the action. Apologies if I was a bit wild through those corners, my composure is improving but there's still some learning to do when taking my crabwalking shitbox wheel-to-wheel against a real car :D

Yeah, that was me... :thumbsup: I saw your car struggling going into the first turn at the Porsche curves and thought... "ok, let's see if I can hold the wide line and make it stick until the exit" but my grip was also not sterling so, as I felt my car slide subtly, I decided to lift a bit and relinquish the middle part of that section in exchange for grip for a better exit on the following bends... which seemed like a good idea, but I couldn't carry enough speed alas. I also knew we were approaching the Mulsanne straight and at that point Jim said: "the car behind is reeling you in" so I decided to focus on a good exit from the Ford chicanes and keep that gap behind as it was. It was a fleeting moment but pure fun so, you have my thanks for the scrap! :D This is why I like the "Fazzi Multiclass Ragazzi" group so much, we can have proper close racing!

Off to France for a fortnight, forgotten what a holiday is, been three years since the last one.

have a great time racing.:):):)

ernie.

getty.jpg

WELL......
What a race,60 minutes of driving my socks off and to finish 2nd, 2 tenths behind 1st place @HF2000 ..Well done m8,i put the extra pressure on in the closing 2 laps hoping you,the car, would either blow up, you would faint,get cramp again :whistling:,from the excitment,but alas you did,nt :cry:..:D...
I have a couple of praises, firstly to @Shed 17 for his Pole winning time of a 5.01,just shows what you can do when you nail a lap just right..Talking of right my next praise :laugh:,goes to @Kek700, our very own Ernie who did an even better lap of 5 mins dead,and to say this old bugger..erm i mean our resident older gentleman...can still kick ASS..:p:D:thumbsup:...Back to the race...
Qualified 2nd,had a real good start,keeping Paul off but it did,nt last long lol,could,nt see Han so thought something must have happened,reading the comments i now know why...On the Muslane straight the Abarth comes into its own,and watching 1 after the other come up,pass you is daunting, but you have to push and boy i did that lol..Another old racing buddy @Simon Hodge of mine had some good battles but he was pushing that bit too hard and became a cropper...So Paul was 17 secs in front Han was 13 secs in front,there pitstop was coming up,so in theory i would be 1st..I knew the Abarth would be longer in the pits,so foot down till my pit,i calculated i should come out slightly behind Paul but on Hans ass:cautious::sneaky:..As it turned out i was all over Hans ass:laugh::laugh:,no Paul???,well at least 1 down lol..Hair raising moment at Dunlop with Han going in all wrong, me nearly touching his ass...AGAIN :redface::laugh:, but we survived and what a finish...To the Mazda boys...I tried my hardest and gave them "Others" :D a run for there money..Shame Arne could,nt race his pace was nearly on course as mine..Great Racing Guys, Han you did a Top job again :thumbsup:..Till the next 1, stay safe guys,see you on track...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%