Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After far south on the southern hemisphere we're now going far north on the northern part of our planet. To Finland for a race on the Motopark Raceway with it's varied layout with nice height differences and technical bends.
If you want to see me in my company car, please install this skin: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/abarth-500-assetto-corse-race-department-skin-00.13916/

1674156845965.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Post in this thread WITH YOUR CHOICE OF CAR to get a PM for the password for the practice AND the race server. You can also choose your livery when you provide me with your steamID

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Tried a few times installing the track but crashes on load screen (both on and offline), any ideas chaps?:(
Hi John,

After reading your post I've done a fresh manual install with the version from the link and it works for me. Did you use CM for the install?
Or can this be the problem?
  • CSP features > 1.76

Last edited:
Does not work for me, glad I checked after reading what John said, I do have CSP what it is I do not know. only known by Rasmus:D:D
????????

Use AC thingy, no CM

Last edited:
Does not work for me, glad I checked after reading what John said, I do have CSP what it is I do not know. only known by Rasmus:D:D
????????

Use AC thingy, no CM
And if you start from stock AC?

Which version of CSP? You see that in the bottom right in the loading screen of AC besides the AC version.
An AC thingy? I used Windows Explorer to copy the files into the tracks folder of AC.

Last edited:
Or can this be the problem?
  • CSP features > 1.76
That's probably the issue here, yep!
Not sure if John is using csp and if yes, which version he's on @Medilloni
Use AC thingy, no CM
Default Launcher would be the word for it :roflmao::roflmao:
And if you start from stock AC?
That doesn't change anything with csp. Csp will always be loaded, as long as it's activated in the general section of csp.
I created a pre-configured folder for Ernie to drop into his AC folder with only the optimizations and TAA activated.
Used the most compatible version but ofc I forgot which one :redface::poop:
Which version of CSP?
You see that in the bottom right in the loading screen of AC besides the AC version.
@Kek700 would be sweet if you could have a look?

We can do 3 things:
- disable your csp by changing one line in the main csp config file

- delete the csp folder completely

- I make another drop-in folder with a newer version and we hope it'll be compatible with everything

Last edited:
That's probably the issue here, yep!
Not sure if John is using csp and if yes, which version he's on @Medilloni

Default Launcher would be the word for it :roflmao::roflmao:

That doesn't change anything with csp. Csp will always be loaded, as long as it's activated in the general section of csp.
I created a pre-configured folder for Ernie to drop into his AC folder with only the optimizations and TAA activated.
Used the most compatible version but ofc I forgot which one :redface::poop:

@Kek700 would be sweet if you could have a look?

We can do 3 things:
- disable your csp by changing one line in the main csp config file

- delete the csp folder completely

- I make another drop-in folder with a newer version and we hope it'll be compatible with everything
I'm using CSP 1.78 without any problems (so far).
In CM you can easily upgrade your version of CSP or go back to an older one.
That something I do know about CM.

Last edited:
I'm using CSP 1.78 without any problems (so far).
In CM you can easily upgrade your version of CSP or go back to an older one.
That something I do know about CM.
Yeah I just had a quick test and it works fine with the 1.80 preview1 too.

I then tested with 0.1.60, which I think Ernie is "using". And it doesn't even start loading. It crashes before doing anything.

I think we need to "Teach the old dog a new trick" and get Ernie to finally use CM at some point AFTER my final project phase (after the 04th of February).
@Kek700 we plan with you keeping to race with us for at least a few years and AC isn't going anywhere so... Let's do a Discord/TeamViewer session in February at get you ready to roll with CM :D

In the meantime:

@HF2000 The track doesn't work without CSP. If you disable CSP, it will crash on loading.
If you want to use it anyway, I'll make a 0.1.76 CSP folder for Ernie on Sunday :)

Ernie:
Can you tell use which CSP version I gave to you?
Load any other track and tell us the version at the bottom left corner (maybe another corner!)
1674205150204.png

And if you want to join that race:
Download and put these folders in the correct folders:

There are 2 folders:
DocumentsFolder -> Assetto Corsa
SteamFolder -> assettocorsa

Just drag "Assetto Corsa" into your documents folder and choose "overwrite" to replace all needed CSP config files.

And drag the "assettocorsa" folder into your "Steam\steamapps\common\" folder and also overwrite all files to replace to actual CSP files.

It's my current config, which is as light as possible but with some eye candy. Should work nicely on your 12600k+3070 system :)

PS: I just figured out that to use CSP without CM, you don't only need the "extension" folder, but also the "dwrite.dll" that goes next to the acs.exe.
I always wondered how AC knows to use an additional folder without CM...
Ofc it worked for me, I HAD THAT DLL IN MY FOLDER :unsure::whistling:

The bloody DLL is now in the dropbox package, so happy CSP experience Ernie :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Standard game content