AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Bathurst, Wednesday 13th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys,

For those that find the step to the GT3 cars too big for the moment, there's now the option to join the Sunday events with a GT4 class car. Those cars are easier to handle and have fewer setup options. But these cars are also very suited to learn certain aspects of racing.
The Maserati doesn't have ABS so you can learn to optimize your braking and the Porsche is very good for learning tyre management. So it's really a good step up between the Audi and the GT3's.

You can join here: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/W8rs_8fw935z03awTgHg9#cars

I'm trying to get Helicorsa to work in time for this race but struggling. I've installed it through CM but can't get it to appear in the apps sidebar although I have it enabled in regular AC general settings.

Any ideas?

Edit, I have improved by a whole 10 seconds between my first and second practice sessions so I am still slow but no longer embarrassing. Work permitting I will race.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get Helicorsa to work in time for this race but struggling. I've installed it through CM but can't get it to appear in the apps sidebar although I have it enabled in regular AC general settings.

Any ideas?

Edit, I have improved by a whole 10 seconds between my first and second practice sessions so I am still slow but no longer embarrassing. Work permitting I will race.
1633986560036.png

This is what I see in Content Manager.

Last edited:
I suggest to keep politics out of it.

If it was me I wouldn´t think this is funny.

MFG Carsten
I've just consulted with the Queen and can confirm that the entire country is very angry about @EireGreen™'s comments and are preparing to send a very strongly worded letter, but we will forgive everything if you stop using towels to reserve the sun loungers. Or preferably, turn the towels into some kind of petrol-equivalent and forward the results to England post haste.

Last edited:
During writing my last comment I somehow became engrossed in the Inakzeptabelstrandtuchbuchungsphänomene and may have found the most pithy rationale for forming a career path. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/aug/08/germany.travelnews

"I remember being on holiday in Germany when I was young. I wanted to sit down and the only seat was reserved with something.

"It's taken me 20 years to find out that this was illegal. Maybe that one event is what made me want to be a lawyer."

Last edited:

Any ideas?

Wow! I also had good improvement after few laps in which I had the chance to learn the track a bit.
I always hated Bathurst when playing casually in Forza but I admit that if you have the perseverance of driving lap after lap after lap, then it has quite a nice flow. Maybe with this approach I'll end up liking VIR sooner or later! :roflmao:
I'm still many seconds away from the good times, though, as there is such a high number of tricky corners that I would need much more practice time.

I checked and there are still many free spots on the grid (there are 36 after all) so I'll wait until the last second before cancelling the registration, but I'm not sure I will be able to be part of the race tonight, let's see..

Hi all!

After a 1st all right race with no incidents and a 2nd disaster due to my PC struggling to keep it up, I've decided to purchased a new PC and did an honest race in the Le Mans Series (no accident and a 6th!), so tonight I'm aiming for consistency and if in the last race I was with GT3 having to make room for the LMPs, now I'll see how it goes the other way with the TT. VR headset will definitely help as I already noticed last time.

Will do my report after the race.

See you there!

Congrats to the podiums! That was absolutely amazing, what a track and set of cars to do it in. Had a few bangs and scrapes with the wall and scared the living daylights out of @HF2000 by going the wrong side (wrongly thought I saw him yield to the right, my bad) -- but overall as clean as 40 minutes on the mountain could be expected to be. Also managed to set WR in race so clearly there's a lot more time in the car.

Just want to say how impressed I was with the MX5 drivers especially who were super predictable, I had no problems at all this race. Like really, not even one. If anything I was the one causing problems!

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211013-d5V

My VR onboard:

Last edited:
Congrats to the podiums! That was absolutely amazing, what a track and set of cars to do it in. Had a few bangs and scrapes with the wall and scared the living daylights out of @HF2000 by going the wrong side (wrongly thought I saw him yield to the right, my bad) -- but overall as clean as 40 minutes on the mountain could be expected to be. Also managed to set WR in race so clearly there's a lot more time in the car.

Just want to say how impressed I was with the MX5 drivers especially who were super predictable, I had no problems at all this race. Like really, not even one. If anything I was the one causing problems!

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211013-d5V

My VR onboard:

Well done, Chris, hopefully my crash in front of you didn't give you an issue.

As I was expecting, I'm still about to keep the same pace as you guys, although from the last coulpe of races the gap has been decreasing. Happy to at least a good start, took the position of Nielsen and hold him as much as I could (just two laps... lol).

Happy also with the consistency and virtually zero incidents (just a coulpe of kisses in the walls, nothing that deserves a replay). Definitely VR improves the perception, especially on the wall corners. And for some reason I couldn't spot, two guys had to pit and I finally didn't finish in last position. Aeee!

Very good race and track to improve the consistency.

Thank you all!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back