AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Nordschleife, Wednesday 12th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
totally did not expect another lap....ran out of fuel at the exit of the last corner onto the finish straight... :cry: :cry: :cry: Just 1 more liter....

Anyway, great race, was expecting to be very lonely, but surprisingly I was racing with one or another the whole race, @HF2000 I was behind you to see a couple of your incidents :( Thanks for hosting as usual!

As for Monaco, I don't mind.
Hi Vince, same here. I didn't think this through so and the end of lap on Dottinger hohe I selected a pitstop with 8l of fuel and made a pitstop.

And yes I had a lot of incidents this race, quite a lot being my own mistakes. My setup makes the turn in of the MX5 better but in some corners too much so than I got sudden oversteer. The setup is more suitable for normal race tracks.

To even the numbers I decided at startup to switch to the MX5 with which I hadn't practiced or customized the setup.

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing this, what great fun for me. Hope I didn't wreck the fun for anyone else (and I just may have I'm afraid)! My goal was to have as little impact as possible, but no luck with that, at least at the back of the pack. I'm pretty sure I broke the stop and wait rule once, I simply flat out didn't realize what I'd done... didn't expect to be let by, then messed it up every way possible, I think. It was awkward at the back because I know the track so well, but I still have pitifully slow corner speed, so I tried my best not to slow up the much faster re-passing crashers, but I didn't always get it right. Anyway sorry and thanks, I'm surprised my hands made it the duration, a little adrenaline helps no doubt... might just pop in for one of these again one of these days.
Hi Jon,
Thanks for joining tonight. I see that yYou have the right attitude for our community so I would love to have you in our future events!

just Sunday then, with a bit of luck no more nooodleiiiiichlife for a while.
Hoped Barts mediums would give up, no go, then got caught by the pesky carousel, again, he then did his fastest lap on what I had hoped would be knackered mediums tyres, while I then did my slowest lap on what I had hoped were fresher tyres.:(
But "hay ho" that's life. :)
Well done all podiums, both Audi and Mazda, and many thanks to @HF2000 for all his efforts.
I would say I'm up for Monaco, will need some warning if the event is taking place so I can recommission my gin place in the Monaco R2a5fd9d7fa2f5b6fcb27e58333d36d03.jpg harbour.

Thanks @HF2000 for organizing, had a blast as I was fighting the whole race with Paul Fairweather. Was intense racing and great fun. Forgot to change to hard tyres but to my surprise mediums lasted. Could do a 8.53 with pretty much standard setup. I will have another go with some setup changes. This track is still something outstanding, always special. Remember when I was there to do a lap in real life here with the Audi A3 of my ex girl friend. She was sitting besides me and had no idea what's going to happen. Remember her yelling the whole lap in fear:) but thankfully I could use her car as mine was not worthy for the Nordschleife. Definitely got to go there again some time.
Cu next time

Last edited:
Well done to the winners and many thanks to Han for another well run event.

This was my first race at the green hell and if it hadn’t been for Thomas it would have been a lonely time. Thanks for keeping me company Thomas and well done on the last lap move. I ran the mediums in qualifying and the yards for the race but was struggling for grip in the ‘ You tube’ sections.

I have only been racing with you guys for a couple of months now and all I can say is that it is a pleasure and very enjoyable to be able to race with other competitors who obey the rules and race fairly with proper room for the overtakes.

As for Monaco, again I have never raced there and I can image that it will be quite processional but lapping may be interesting!! So I am up for it and if it does get a bit boring, I will stop off at Ernie’s modest sized boat and see if I can get aboard somehow and watch the rest of the race with a G & T ....!!!!

Thanks han for organising. Was a fairly lonely race for me in the audi unfortunately. First lap was a good battle with @edo22 but we half collected colins big crash early on and the guys ahead were quickly gone. I was getting faster as the race went on, getting used to the tt and all the places you can keep it flat, but even at the end i still wasn't catching thom and paul. Very forgiving car, maybe a little too much, the crash ahead i needed never came! No mans land with not a soul for more than 30 seconds either side for the last 3 laps! Congrats to pat and yohann for the wins :thumbsup:

totally did not expect another lap....ran out of fuel at the exit of the last corner onto the finish straight... :cry: :cry: :cry: Just 1 more liter....

Same here, empty tank on the final lap just after exiting Karussell... all I could hear were my tyres... and birds. I swear I heard birds when I parked the car on the grass before clicking back to the pits. :confused: Too bad coz I was having a good run... I managed to hit the 10:09 mark by following @stigs2cousin (thanks Carsten!) so I'm happy with how it went for me... up to Monaco next!

Are we keeping the Audis and Mazdas or maybe running smaller cars so we can fit all in the tunnel (see my previous suggestion @HF2000)? :roflmao: Haha!

Pretty eventful race for me, since I crashed or span once or twice every lap. Luckily, I had 2 other crash buddies (I'm sorry, I didn't catch anyone's name, but we were all from Britain :)). I had a meltdown in the middle of the race because I didn't know where I was on the circuit and couldn't focus on the next turn and was left 20 seconds behind in last place :laugh: .

I managed to get into 3rd to last by crashing less than the others and proceeded to crash on what I thought was the final lap. We proceeded to screwing around thinking it was our victory lap and it took us about 5-6 turns to wake up, at which point I was last again. Then followed a perfect lap (by my standard). I was definitely the faster Mazda of the 3, but didn't get to attempt an overtake (which let's be honest is impossible on this circuit for a beginner) because the other guys span. Got my fastest lap ever (10:18) after not driving properly in the first section. Even drifted around a corner when the back lost traction because I was so confident in the car. So finished 3rd to last which I'm happy with considering I couldn't even manage a clean lap in qualy and my confidence was really low at the start.

I appreciate your patience, Han, when you were behind me on the 1st lap. You didn't dive into an overtake or anything, you just patiently waited quite a while until I inevitably made a mistake, even if you were definitely faster. I definitely need to learn from that!

About Monaco, I normally hate it because I only played Formula 1 games there, but I think I'd like to try it in a low power car. I imagine it'd be more fun. Although, if the mod isn't mature enough, maybe it would be a bad idea..

Last edited:
About Monaco, I normally hate it because I only played Formula 1 games there, but I think I'd like to try it in a low power car. I imagine it'd be more fun. Although, if the mod isn't mature enough, maybe it would be a bad idea..

I think that is where my antipathy towards Monaco comes from - not just from watching F1 drivers grind out lap after lap with no changes to track positions. The last time I played F1 (2013) @ Monaco, it was easy to bully the AI out of the way. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to that easy to bully a Nissan & its' big lumbering ass :confused:.

If it all goes badly, I suppose I could join Paul on Ernie's dinghy :laugh:.

That was an eventfull race.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread 5laps where to be expected....

@Dzul : my pleasure. It was very curteous of you to let me by that fast and skillfull.
It´s not easy to pass at that part of the track.
As you said it was for our both advantage.

@HF2000 :

Han thanks again for organizing these events and keeping them clean.
Many thanks for your miscalculating the fuel load after I completely botched the drafting manouvre onto Döttinger Höhe.
( and a private thought: even though it is very nice of you to swap cars if the numbers are uneven do yourself a favour and stick to the Audi. Live is much easier in the Mazdas when you do the FWD dance. Still friends I hope :notworthy:)

MFG Carsten

Thanks @HF2000 for organizing, had a blast as I was fighting the whole race with Paul Fairweather. Was intense racing and great fun. Forgot to change to hard tyres but to my surprise mediums lasted. Could do a 8.53 with pretty much standard setup. I will have another go with some setup changes. This track is still something outstanding, always special. Remember when I was there to do a lap in real life here with the Audi A3 of my ex girl friend. She was sitting besides me and had no idea what's going to happen. Remember her yelling the whole lap in fear:) but thankfully I could use her car as mine was not worthy for the Nordschleife. Definitely got to go there again some time.
Cu next time
I usually only race with hards with this car, because from past races I could see the mediums being slower after like 25 minutes of racing, but it depends on the track itself if the load is even on the front tyres or not.

8:53 with base setup is great, as far as I know I'm running a modified front toe for faster turn in (which helped in S3) and lower rear wing to compensate in the straights. Maybe a lower rear ride height to minimize rake and mass transfert, allowing to be more brutal with the car.

The event for next week is ready to sign up! No S.GP this time because Monaco isn't available yet on that platform.

Did anyone else notice bad fps drops on the new nurburgring track section? It was particularly bad for me on laps 2 and 3. Lap 4 and 5 were ok. I think i was the only car on the new track for lap 4 and 5!

I had none, or at least I noticed none . . . did cars just dissappear around you suddenly on those laps?

Last edited:
@Dzul : my pleasure. It was very curteous of you to let me by that fast and skillfull.
It´s not easy to pass at that part of the track.
As you said it was for our both advantage.

Thanks for the compliment. I did my best to find a sector with enough space for both of us and lifted just enough to let you pass without losing too much speed. I managed to get a good exit as well and keep up for a while. Indeed, to the advantage of both of us. ;)

Did anyone else notice bad fps drops on the new nurburgring track section? It was particularly bad for me on laps 2 and 3. Lap 4 and 5 were ok. I think i was the only car on the new track for lap 4 and 5!
When exactly did that happen?
Sometimes you get some performance spikes when entering the main straight. Your perspective is a bit elevated and you have a lot! of geometry in your sight. Plus pitlane.
In rf2, where the pitlane can cause significant cpu load, I always had massive drops when going through the last corner onto the main straight.

For ac I never experienced that...

No it definitely wasn't lag. Good old fashioned fps drop! Even had the 99% cpu occupancy warning pop up on the worst of the 2 laps.

I was also having dropped frames throughout the race- sometimes in the 60s & 70s. I set a PB so I can't say that it effected my race. I had a Windows' update last night, so I'd pinned the issue on that (low disk space...). Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks for organising the race Han. It was a bit of a topsy-turvy race for me. It was the first time that I went from first (in class) to last to first :confused: :laugh: - fortunately there were a few crashes in front of me, otherwise I would never have caught Ross.

Here are the results.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 62 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Forum trophies