AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wednesday 1st December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is it the same setting as 'FidelityFX'CAS by AMD for extra sharpness'? If so which percentage do you use (default is 50%)?

For those running Content Manager and the latest CSP you can activate AMD Fidelityfx Super resolution (works on nVidia cards, too). I got about 20% fps increase at the highest quality setting and my eyes didn't detect any issues. That's at 5760x1080.

Interesting! Though my potato machine runs without post processing and turning that on just tanks the framerate and it doesn't make up for it unfortunately.

The ACC implementation gave me 10 frames though so that's nice!

Is it the same setting as 'FidelityFX'CAS by AMD for extra sharpness'? If so which percentage do you use (default is 50%)?
See my attachment, Han, for my settings. It's at the top of the CSP Graphic Adjustments section.

You need version 0.1.75 or above, though.

I have just found the setting you are talking about but mine is off, maybe I need to try that, too.

1638478521270.png

Attachments

• 1638478267993.png
    1638478267993.png
    339.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I struggled in the race with fairly frequent 100% cpu warnings which didn't help my consistency. Dropping the frame rate seems to ease the GPU loadings but doesn't seem to help with CPU usage. I've a fairly old PC with a i5-6400 2.7Ghz processor. I've long ago given up on SOL as that really hammered the GPU.

Switching off driver names didn't seem to make much difference for me in terms of frame rate - or switching off all apps.

I've got 16Gb of memory and a SSD so I'd think it's just the CPU power that's causing the problem.

I've rarely seen this 100% CPU message but a large grid at Assen certainly caused me problems.

Any suggestions on magic settings to reduce the strain on the CPU would be great. Might be time for an upgrade :)

Colin,
you may if your mother board allows it run 6600k CPU, I ran one of those clocked at 4.9Ghz quite easily with a gtx980ti , it ran 5760 x 1080 at 144hz, it was mostly down to the CPU being clocked at 5Ghz. The 6600k can be bought quite cheaply now.
I am not saying that my system is not now faster, but my FPS is the same but I now have post processing, shadows, and all setting cranked up to maximum.
For basically what I had 3 or 4 years ago. :)

PS
I hope I am not again being obvious, but connecting directly to your modem is also very important. ( not wirelessly )

Last edited:
Colin,
you may if your mother board allows it run 6600k CPU, I ran one of those clocked at 4.9Ghz quite easily with a gtx980ti , it ran 5760 x 1080 at 144hz, it was mostly down to the CPU being clocked at 5Ghz. The 6600k can be bought quite cheaply now.
I am not saying that my system is not now faster, but my FPS is the same but I now have post processing, shadows, and all setting cranked up to maximum.
For basically what I had 3 or 4 years ago. :)

PS
I hope I am not again being obvious, but connecting directly to your modem is also very important. ( not wirelessly )
I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 so it's limited to what I can upgrade and doesn't support overclocking in the BIOS. It's has a pretty weedy power supply so I'm limited to 65w CPU. The only upgrade is...

K80PX i7-6700, 3.4-4.0GHz, 65w, 8MB, Skylake-S

Would this be worth it?

ps - I am hard wired into the modem

Last edited:
Interesting! Though my potato machine runs without post processing and turning that on just tanks the framerate and it doesn't make up for it unfortunately.

The ACC implementation gave me 10 frames though so that's nice!
How do you switch this on in ACC?

Edit...

Found it in video settings. Switched on performance mode and got 10-15 fps improvement

Last edited:
It's in the display settings, I think just above post processing. If you have an Nvidia card you can turn on DLSS and for AMD you can turn on FSR.
You can only use DLSS id you have RTX 20xx card. Older Nvidia cards can use the AMD FRS system.. Found this quote...

DLSS is only available with RTX graphics cards, but AMD today released its own version of the technology, AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution (AMD FSR). FSR is GPU agnostic, meaning it will work on Nvidia and even Intel GPUs that have the necessary hardware features

I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 so it's limited to what I can upgrade and doesn't support overclocking in the BIOS. It's has a pretty weedy power supply so I'm limited to 65w CPU. The only upgrade is...

K80PX i7-6700, 3.4-4.0GHz, 65w, 8MB, Skylake-S

Would this be worth it?

ps - I am hard wired into the modem

I always wince a bit when talking about these things, I know what I know and that is it.
I will say things that I know but get hesitate when it goes too deep with computer stuff, preferentially leaving it to our resident experts like Rasmus.
I just use my PC for AC and ACC that’s it really, the i7 will be an improvement, how much I do not know, Rasmus again.
AC likes a single thread running at high frequency, that is where, even an older generation i5 6600k running at 5Ghz can be a very cheap and very effective even against bang up to date 9900k i9.
I am not saying as good but not that far off considering one can be bought for
Well under £100, even £50, with a risk attached when buying secondhand.
Basically what I am saying is as a rule of thumb for AC, just think about single core performance. It also seems to like fast Ram for some reason.
Graphics card are less important, you could quite easily get away with a gtx980ti with AC as long as you accept less eye candy, but AC is still very good without that anyway.
ACC is a real problem, I still cannot get used to watching Ai cars floating along on the surface. Just ruins the immersion , I even run ACC at max shadows.
I think with 1.8 there is now an attachment thing available. Will try that next time, but I hold out little hope.
I even wonder if I have now got my attention so firmly fixed on floating cars I have become hypersensitive to it.
If you are a gamer, and do a lot of gaming it becomes difficult.
You are well and truly in a power struggle. :)

Very nice Han, you look to have a small mig motor and a cube control wheel.
And a very comfortable seat too.
The thing that I find is that the aluminium extrusion gives limitless adjustability.
I now find just an adjustment of a centimetre make a big impact on every thing, which I suppose makes sense when you think how long we spend sitting in the thing. :)

Very envious of your wheel! My budget would not stretch that far. Are you using a monitor on your desk?
Well, I'm with my company for 25 years and you get a nice bonus for that. The DD motor and the pedals are second hand but I agree that it's still a lot of money for everything. But my G27 had to be replaced so I needed to spent money anyway. And since I'm organizing events on RD I'm using the rig for a lot of hours per week so given the time invested, it's not a very expensive hobby.
And yes I use single screen monitor on the desk. VR with probably a new graphic card is even with the bonus too much money now.

Very nice Han, you look to have a small mig motor and a cube control wheel.
And a very comfortable seat too.
The thing that I find is that the aluminium extrusion gives limitless adjustability.
I now find just an adjustment of a centimetre make a big impact on every thing, which I suppose makes sense when you think how long we spend sitting in the thing. :)
Yes you so right. I just spent two hours adjusting the rig and the pedals as it didn't felt quite right yet in the last races. Half an hour of practice was fine but 1 1/2 hour for PQR became uncomfortable in the last part of the race.

And a request from me to sign up early for the Bimmer event even if you don't know which car you going to use. Events with a lot of participants attract more people. You can always change your car until the event starts.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%