Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying the DLC is a "no-brainer" for me based on how AC is shaping up already. Once we have AI and MP in our hands, the rest is all gravy on top - and yes, . . . that's a good thing. Some people today whine about everything if it isn't "automatic".

How dare the little team of 10 that could make a big deal of being the first and only dev team to get the paperwork signed and take on the challenge of laser scanning the most iconic track in the world and bring it to a consumer market and get it to work on computers that should have been upgraded five years ago. How dare them get everybody worked up for something that wasn't multiplayer even though they said that multiplayer isn't ready yet.

And how dare then have a long term plan for their business by providing DLC content that the community wants.

No one forces you to buy the DLC now, you brainless haters. You can buy it on September 2014.

The thing is, they have to FIRST finish the v1.0 game(March-April 2014), ONLY THEN will they start working on the DLC, so it's not like they could have included this in v1.0(like EA does with their games). The devs are just happy to announce the news, that's all.

I can't believe how ignorant and hateful some of you are.

Never once said it's about the money :/ That has nothing to do with it at all:rolleyes:

sorry if you understood it like that, we don't know a price so it clearly is not about money, it was just to show that DLC doesn't matter if you don't want it, they give you all the choice you can get...

It may be great news, but to many it didn't need this glorious countdown. I really don't see why people are not allowed to voice their disappointment. If you were a big Porsche fan and expecting a Porsche announcement and it was a Lambo announcement wouldn't you voice your disappointment :s

None of this means it's not exciting, I'll buy it...but personally I would have liked a big series license announcement..that's all :)

This is the problem, they hinted nothing, and people think all kind of crazy stuff... I never expected anything because we simply knew nothing to how can someone be disappointed? No announcement will make everyone happy but why should I be disappointed? I would be disappointed when they announced multiplayer would cost extra or something I already paid for would change everything else is just a bonus...

I agree with you Bram. Some of the comments are so unbelievably disgusting, it makes you really angry. Imagine what this has to be a feeling for the developers... They are spending nearly 100% of their free time to give a small community like us something so special, they do everything they can to get such licenses, they invest maybe more than they earn, they give us a LASERSCANNED nordschleife and some people are speaking of a let-down... This must be so frustrating for the team, i just hope they are not discouraged by these idiots so we can enjoy this state of the art sim for years!

No one forces you to buy the DLC now, you brainless haters. You can buy it on September 2014.

The thing is, they have to FIRST finish the v1.0 game(March-April 2014), ONLY THEN will they start working on the DLC, so it's not like they could have included this in v1.0(like EA does with their games). The devs are just happy to announce the news, that's all.

I can't believe how ignorant and hateful some of you are.

They kind of are at 50% off, and we wont even know what cars are included.

And just to say
AC are not the first for Laser Scan Nurb rights, T10 and Forza 5 have got them and soon will have it out.

Sorry guys I don't mean to sound like a school teacher here but I think maybe we should step back slightly. I was dreaming (I literally did) of a Lambo announcement. I didn't get it but I got something else which will enhance my experience, if a little far away. I think this will be a learning experience for KS. They did overhype it in some peoples mind as it gets people dreaming of different things. Hype is the most dangerous PR move any company can make as once it starts its in the control of the mind of the audience not the company. I get why they did it, they need money to get this product finished and have to provide a lure to more on the fence racers.

We're all here because we love racing & want AC to succeed but we're human and think that should be done in different ways. I think the best thing for me about KS is how open they are to criticism and speaking directly to individual players (try that with EA). Anyone who is disappointed please please please voice it to KS (and here as they have a presence) so we can make them make it the best sim there has even been. Don't stay quiet. People who push are people who make it better for everyone.

**** yes this makes me happy:D When this releases I probably wont leave my computer for a few months. Nordschleife really is something special to me, done manymanymany laps in GTR evo and still cant get enough of it. I can understand people who dont particularly like Nordschleife being dissapointed by all the hype preceding this announcement. But if you dont like it thats your problem, for me this is the single best possible thing this anouncement could have been :D

Hype is the most dangerous PR move any company can make as once it starts its in the control of the mind of the audience not the company.

Well if you can't hype a Ferrari license or a laserscanned Nordschleife in simracing than what can you hype? I do understand that paid DLC is not for everybody but it was announced months/years ago so this is hardly surprising...

Wrong time for the annoucnement? Well they have to start thinking about the future sooner or later and I rather know what I can get even if it is 9 months away than hearing nothing from the devs (same as screenshots actually which I couldn't understand the whining about either)...

When thinking of it, I think that their communication system is done the way of big passionate children feeling a huge joy which they wish to share with the whole community.

Imagine a small society, working hard ... already seeing his baby not completely born yet as a next must of simracing ..
who are more than happy getting interesting possibilities for the future of this baby, licences they even maybe wouldn't have imagined to receive one month ago !

They are so proud and happy ... that they wish to share their joy ... maybe not the best way, but at least they do it.

Then for once communication betwen developper and users happens so well and bug notices are quickly taken into account and corrected, why once again complain !??

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 265 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.3%