Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you can't hype a Ferrari license or a laserscanned Nordschleife in simracing than what can you hype? I do understand that paid DLC is not for everybody but it was announced months/years ago so this is hardly surprising...

Wrong time for the annoucnement? Well they have to start thinking about the future sooner or later and I rather know what I can get even if it is 9 months away than hearing nothing from the devs (same as screenshots actually which I couldn't understand the whining about either)...
Please don't get me wrong. Perhaps I stated it incorrectly. I'm delighted with the announcement it just wasn't what some had thought it would be. Its just what happens withe the nature of an announcement where its not all laid out. Its just the risks every company faces when its done this way.

I'm also delighted to have reaffirmed this is a long term sim which wont be left to stagger and die and also KS as a small team hopefully have plans to keep them financially in the black. If they die so do the licensing agreements etc. I'll be buying it for sure. :)

"Soon after the release of Assetto Corsa v.1.0 final, we will be opening our 1 month pre-order phase, providing you with a 50% saving on the final package"

YOU CANNOT PREORDER RIGHT NOW. Only after they release v1.0.
Kunos faced delays in the Early Access launch due to Italian laws which I believe prevent them from offering a paid for product (now in this case the DLC) before certain timeframes of its release which would be considered legally acceptable in other countries. Its a consumer protection mechanism I believe to stop companies taking the cash and running without delivering.

There is still so much content to be delivered from Kunos, which is outlined on their site, I can't imagine anybody getting bored before September. Once AI & MP arrive it'll be great training for the Nordschleife madness.

Despite predicting, along with others here, the kind of behaviour we are seeing in reaction to this announcement, it's still thoroughly depressing to read a lot of the comments, particularly on their Facebook page. I hope Marco just posted the news and then went home; of he stuck around to read the responses he's probably wondering why he bothered at all, which is a real shame given how much work would've been required to engineer the license at the minute.

If anyone at Kunos still read here, if just like to reiterate that the silent majority is probably over the moon. I know I am :)

...disgusted is a strong word towards people voicing their opinion :/
I have to say, for ever person disgusted at you, I'm going to stick up for you here!

At the end of the day, I think Assetto Corsa is an amazing production already - so massive credit to this small group. We must absolutely praise them for this and thank them 1 million times. The people who are happy and voice their thanks do so because...like the selfish souls we are, we wanted a great sim experience and most of us feel we have already seen the signs of one. So it is a natural, reasonable response imho to feel good about it. it is even better to give praise. the programming is great and these guys need to know we're grateful. If you're listening kunos, i am one happy chappy thanks to you!

in terms of marketing (only my opinions) I think that Kunos have done very well in many ways. we all know that keeping people in suspense is often exciting and extremely effective. THe programmers are excited themselves which is great - they are passionate.

However, whilst there are some people who are just damn impatient all the time, we have to remember that the hinted release date was a long time ago. the goal posts kept moving. people kept the faith...the goalposts moved again...and on and on. in the meantime, a lot of people on the forums were slagging off ISI (also passionate sim makers)and saying how poor they were for releasing a beta with so many issues. slagging them off for not responding to all of the questions while still, people praised kunos. now i have no allegiance to either of these companies, i think they're both great but i never understood this:
one company which gives early access and is honest enough to say from the off. "this is an ongoing project but we'll give you access to take part in the development with us" get's criticised where another company says, "it will be released in first quarter of...no it won't...it may take a bit longer...big announcement...no news on multiplayer etc etc" gets praised.

Personally, I think both companies are great for doing what they're doing. they're both motivated because they are passionate about cars and sim racing. this has benefit to us all. they both chose different ways to market. fine. AC has probably come out smelling of roses ..a lot more than Rfactor 2 but both will make profits due to all of those (like myself) who invest. this is business at the end of the day. AC even did that little presentation about the gap in the market. I thank both companies and i've given money to both companies. I enjoy a bit of excitement with suspense...but, I do get frustrated and fed up with announcements which do effectively give, "a countdown to ....a longer countdown.....after a long countdown that came after an already long countdown". I think we could just have a little bit more transparency on certain things e.g. multiplayer is likely between february and June and whilst i hear someone mentioned the negative effect of false promises, i'm sure there could be "some guidance" e.g ai will come before multiplayer. we're focussing on multiplayer now but it could take 4-5 months etc.

So in summary,is my opinion disgusting for asking for a bit more transparency after a long wait? after praising kunos amazing work, after paying money (and I will download and pay for any dlc) whilst giving constructive feedback about marketing? Actually, most companies do questionnaires and so on these days to be seen as customer centred, reactive to customers needs and so on. I'm not a businessman but I'm sure i've heard thing such as, "the customer always comes first" or "the customer is always right"...not necessarily fair...but maybe a paying customer should be allowed to voice his/ her frustrations. it's a natural reaction for many of us - in the same way we react positively to the wonderful graphics. I'm 99% happy with Kunos apart from the transparency issues. I'm probably more annoyed by the reaction to people who aren't always saying Kunos are perfect. kunos are great...but nobody i've ever met is perfect. i sense people are worried that if we criticise and say, "this isn't quite right" then Kunos will turn around and say, "we're pulling the plug" on this. no they won't..because they are passionate and paying customers are doing their bit to support these guys to live their dream and so on. it works both ways. if they did decide to pull the plug, 'i'm sure we would have a big announcement which led to a longer coundown until the bath water left....

that's my long opinion. go on then, throw your smelly socks at me and "dislike" buttons at me. At the end of the day, I'm just someone who really appreciates transparency, honesty and respect for each others opinions. merry christmas!

• Deleted member 151827

Merry Christmas Kunos team! :) Best sim racing game ever to hit the market! Keep up the great work. :) Please do NOT let the Naysayers get in the way of the great work your team is doing.

This is seriously beyond what I can comprehend.

A community mad that they will have to pay for 10 more cars and the Nurburgring in quite possibly the best sim to ever exist, when their current investment is $40 USD. Possibly $30 USD if you caught the steam sale.

I guess the iRacing and R3E operatives are out in full force this morning. If it was either of those games announcing it you bet you would be paying for it.

Buon Natale KS!

Keep chuggin along.

Reading through al the ignorance and blatant lack of any mental capability reactons on Facebook, makes me feel we should do something for the boys of KS to let them know there is a big group of people who support them and who are enormously grateful for giving us AC.

Any idea's on how to do something nice for KS? Huge postcard deliverd to their office? Facebook fan page? :)

Rest assured, they know that the vast majority are happy with this announcement. Marco posted something on fb about the huge number of votes Nordschleife received on their track poll.

I would get people that are not fan of the track say "meh, It´s not for me" or something, but those people talking all that crap about it like its the end of the world, I really do not understand.

To me, it speaks volumes about the competence of all the team involved in getting such a huge license to deliver us a laser-scanned Nordschleife. I really appreciate all the effort they must have put in that.

Great news regarding the Ring. So if the licence has been acquired (somehow?) will the "Germany" track be renamed to Nurburgring GP? I have no problem paying for such an iconic track, especially when it will be laser scanned. It will be a magnificent achievement. :)

So now they need to licence the Transit van and Jaguar... ;)

Marco Massarutto if I listen them I would be convinced that GT5 is the most awful racing game ever created and that RBR is the greatest success of the simracing history. Well, the first one sold 15,000,000 copies, the second brought their developers to an undeserved bankrupt. Too sad, but this is an incontrovertible truth. Another truth is that some people believe that what THEY want is what ALL people want. We were used to believe the same, when we developed our first simulation, netKar PRO. And we all have seen the result.. Well, in the first hour, AC sold more copies than netKar PRO in one year. Believe me, today we are experienced enough know what people really want. Therefore, I know WHO I must listen today. And, if we made this announce today and in this way, we have our very good reasons. Haters gonna hate, the many others read, evaluate, make their choice, play. See you around on December 31th, for our gift to the community. ;)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back