Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Had another half dozen laps this morning but stuck in the 47's/48's. Think this is one that you need a good run of laps to get a decent rythm so my brief runs are not cutting it at the moment. Would love to get an hour solid around there. What sort of setup are you running @Chris Hempsall?

Had another half dozen laps this morning but stuck in the 47's/48's. Think this is one that you need a good run of laps to get a decent rythm so my brief runs are not cutting it at the moment. Would love to get an hour solid around there. What sort of setup are you running @Chris Hempsall?
At the moment I'm running the setup from the renown team at GT planet.

I think maybe a little more downforce could help.

The thing Im struggling with at the moment is the actual wheel setup. Might need to bring the throttle sensitivity down a bit. Whats your steering sensitivity? You have the MS wheel as well don't you?

The thing Im struggling with at the moment is the actual wheel setup. Might need to bring the throttle sensitivity down a bit. Whats your steering sensitivity? You have the MS wheel as well don't you?
Yeah I am using their setup but slightly tweaked. Yes I am on the trusty ol' MS wheel. Can't remember off the top of my head but i'll be popping home lunchtime so will check then. I need to find a bit more stability as I still find the car a bit loose and not as responsive as I like. I'm struggling with the braking too. Where do you brake for that right-hander just after Big Ben, that one I find tough for some reason.

Reactions: Rob
Yeah I am using their setup but slightly tweaked. Yes I am on the trusty ol' MS wheel. Can't remember off the top of my head but i'll be popping home lunchtime so will check then. I need to find a bit more stability as I still find the car a bit loose and not as responsive as I like. I'm struggling with the braking too. Where do you brake for that right-hander just after Big Ben, that one I find tough for some reason.

Theres a barrier on the left. I brake very softly beginning where the barrier starts and trail brake just to before the kerb on the apex. It's all about the exit at that turn.

2 hundredths away from Boothy now :sneaky:

Last edited:

Had another quick run at lunchtime.. my throttle sensitivity is set at 50% and my steering at 65%.

Managed to knock just over 4/tenths off my time so now down to 1:46.757, 2 and a half tenths off Railer. I spotted your improvement too Chris.. don't think i'm getting anywhere near those 44's tbh.

I could have just missed it, since you have to look at all the cars and maybe it's a DLC? But in any case, if it says GT3 in the title of the car, you are good to go. ;)
I just wanted to make sure... I haven't done anymore laps here but will try the ford and now the audi later tonight. I remember talk of banning one of the cars but couldn't remember if it was this series or grid.

I just wanted to make sure... I haven't done anymore laps here but will try the ford and now the audi later tonight. I remember talk of banning one of the cars but couldn't remember if it was this series or grid.
It was the Masserati at Willow Springs but I think we realised once we had got used to the game a bit more that it wasn't actually any faster than anything else it was just a matter of getting used to the different behaviour of the cars.

Managed another short session tonight and squeezed another 7/tenths out of it to drop down to 1:46.098. Still some way short of Boothy and Hemps but better than I expected and the 45's beckon :thumbsup:
i'm in the 1:45s with the Ford, it's faster than the Audi for me... different thought the corners, strange. but whatever, they are both just as frustrating to drive.

Back to 3 tenths now :whistling: Im being fairly slow cos im not used to being inside the car :thumbsup::laugh:
Welcome to semi-SIM racing Boothy. I know it's been a long road and all from gaming. :laugh: Feel like a real driver yet? Miss being a T.V. racer? I have a feeling it will not matter much with your skillzz. But you may enjoy it more!

i'm in the 1:45s with the Ford, it's faster than the Audi for me... different thought the corners, strange. but whatever, they are both just as frustrating to drive.

They are not F1 cars and this is a difficult track. I think your times are quite good. If you want more response, the first adjustments I would look at are Steering Lock(?) and Caster on the second page. Read the description and get them to the point where the car turns like you want it, or even moreso. Then, it it's jittery or squirly, play with the caster or speed sensitivity in the Options.

Wow you fellas are carving! Good to see the event moved to 1:30 PST. No alarm needed. I'm going to try to get some laps in prior. Haven't been able to since I posted. Hopefully I'll be able to see someone's polygons come the late laps. Knowing a circuit is one thing; a tough less familiar is a different dragon. In addition, from G:Autosport to Foza, to SimBinners, all on different physics model. I will try my best to do what I pride myself in: driving clean. The LAST thing I want to happen is for the damage model to ruin another racer's evening. See you mates tomorrow...later your evening.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 273 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 220 27.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 148 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 65 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.3%