Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Sounds great Vence. I got down to a 1:48.2 this am, but I know that's nowhere near what others are running. I'm like you...just hope to stay out of the way and see some carnage along the trail. And a nice tour of London. They really do feel different, the engines, and I think that's the benefit of running many different games...you kind of get an insight into the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Karl, I made a mistake. The Audi is the only car that does not say GT3 in the title, but yet is a GT3 car. Go figure. So it's just fine to drive. I had to look at the car class -- "modern GT3" but I found that thing just like you described...tail happy and floaty and not very sharp. The best car I've driven with those characteristics (and I've only been in about 3-4 anywhere near seriously) is the BMW Alpina and the Corvette. But I know others get times far faster than I'm doing in other cars, so who knows. Maybe because that Audi is mid engine, I just didn't have time to tune it right. Seems like it could be crisp, but just wasn't.

my wi-fi crapped out, I haven't been on Grid or Shift all week. I'm going out to search for a router today. Fortunately I have a hotspot on my work phone that allows me to at least get on the internet and send emails, but it doesn't work too well for the Xbox due to static settings. Also my recording device didn't pan out the way I wanted it too. I don't want to go back to AV cables in order to record my races and lose my HDMI HD picture. I'm still playing around with it and I do have the other camera. Hoping to have something in place for the next Grid race.

Where is everyone? This race starts in 4 minutes.

It says 5pm on the race thread but 9.30pm on the first post.

There's been no discussion in the thread regarding a change in the time. Whats going on? I can't make this if it's not at the advertised time. Got a busy night.

Last edited:
Where is everyone? This race starts in 4 minutes.

It says 5pm on the race thread but 9.30pm on the first post.

There's been no discussion in the thread regarding a change in the time. Whats going on? I can't make this if it's not at the advertised time. Got a busy night.

It was shifted back to the usual time earlier in the week. It's at the top of the thread but the header cannot be altered to reflect it. It was mentioned by Robert on the first page of the thread towards the bottom.

Last edited:
No more time on track for me today, would have liked to get a bit more comfort in the handling of the car but looking forward to a good run around my home city regardless :)

Good luck tonight everyone. Hope it's a good fun race for all :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
I'm just gonna do this race. Not so bothered about going out really. My brothers gone out already anyway so would have been playing catch up which always ends in tears (and lots of nausea)

Reactions: Rob
Welcome to semi-SIM racing Boothy. I know it's been a long road and all from gaming. :laugh: Feel like a real driver yet? Miss being a T.V. racer? I have a feeling it will not matter much with your skillzz. But you may enjoy it more!

Im fairly enjoying it the problem is my eye sight issue which means it goes tunnel vision after a while, So if i hit/crash into anyone its because i can't see you :laugh:

I have even been experimenting with making my own full setup, Cos until now id been using the quick setup. Had a look at the options decided how i wanted the car turned out i prefer understeer which is the opposite to F1 :O_o:

I'm sooo done with Shift. I might drop in here and there.. but today was the last straw. I've had nothing but bad luck with this game. Between having to reset my wheel every race and other little nuances that erk me. I tried to pull out far enough to pull over. I didn't have Force Feedback so I pulled over and let Boothy and Hemps go I guess. Then I tried 2 times to reset my wheel only to hit some barrier on a Litter filled track and have it lodge on my hood. After that I couldn't move. The idea of racing is supposed to be fun.. but when you have my luck, its not much fun at all.

Also, for the short Oval races. In other words, all except Dakota, the Tri-Oval, damage will be turned to OFF because of the frequent tire popping. Driving rules still apply, but Railer will be looking at incidents as if the rules of NASCAR apply. Thanks.

Vince, apologies for that collision after the bridge on lap one of the race. I tried staying inside, but apparently it was not inside enough. There was a natural inclination for you to have to get back over to the right, I realize. Too bad we can't see better to the right out of these things. I'm sure Railer will review. Somehow, I got T-boned, spun, then just squirted out going in the right direction. You ended up on top of Railer, I think he said. Damn. Hope you were no worse for wear. My car seemed okay and I know Railer's was. I think these things can take one hit pretty well. Of course, I meat mine up pretty good throughout the race, but managed to survive.

Results and Standings After Streets of London, Whitehall

Sprint Race:
1. Matthew - 25
2. Chris - 18
3. Karl - 15
4. Peter - 12
5. Vince - 10
6. Robert - 8
7. Michael - 6
8. Railer - 4

Feature Race:
1. Matthew - 25
2. Karl - 18
3. Peter - 15
4. Railer - 12
5. Chris - 10
6. Robert - 8
7. Vince - 6

Points To Date:
1. Peter - 93
2. Railer - 91
3. Michael - 71
4. Karl - 76
5. Robert - 67
6. Matthew - 50
7. Chris - 28
8. Vince - 16

Last edited:
I'm sooo done with Shift. I might drop in here and there.. but today was the last straw. I've had nothing but bad luck with this game. Between having to reset my wheel every race and other little nuances that erk me. I tried to pull out far enough to pull over. I didn't have Force Feedback so I pulled over and let Boothy and Hemps go I guess. Then I tried 2 times to reset my wheel only to hit some barrier on a Litter filled track and have it lodge on my hood. After that I couldn't move. The idea of racing is supposed to be fun.. but when you have my luck, its not much fun at all.

The ovals are coming up. 50% of the races left I think. Two will not have damage. Not a bad time to make your move.

Thoroughly enjoyed that second race tonight.. Once we eventually got going!! The time attack was a bit if a non event, didn't get a single lap in despite leaving a big gap to those in front several times.. I keep coming up on cars having just had incidents. Funniest was the last one.. I was behind Robert so slowed right down in the last section, left it about 30 second thinking it would give me enough leeway to get one final clean keep in then gunned it, came round the first turn only to find hid car coming right at me towards turn 1 lol. Anyway, considering the problems was happy to start 4th.

The race was a lot of fun and had some good fun with Karl for a fair but if it. So tough to get past on this track and after a couple of times where I had little looks I decided to bide my time and wait for any mistake which duly came around lap 3 or 4 when Karl went wide out of turn 2 and allowed me to nip up the inside to take the spot. With the gap gradually building I found Hemps car was suddenly getting closer and with the gap down to under 5 seconds he had a problem through the chicane, slowing badly and have me the opportunity to pass him around the outside on the run down to the right hander before the twist section begun. All was looking good and with Karl and Chris battling behind the gap opened up to about 3.5 seconds by lap 10 and confidence was high but then then I came onto the carousel after the long bridge run to find several chunks of debris in the road. Managed to about them OK but on the following lap they had been knocked smack bang in the middle with no space to get past and I clipped the concrete block which spun me sideways. Just had time to reverse back into the wall to give Karl room to squeeze through or else there was going to be a big collision there and then got back underway. Took a lap or so to get back into it but then started closing the gap and a 1:44.8 on the penultimate lap had me within touching distance but just not quite enough time to make any move.

Great fun and despite the difficult nature of this circuit definitely think it was the right one to race. Just wish the debris was not such an issue, London needs some rebuilding after that lol Also it's a shame that the game doesn't let everyone finish their race rather than cut them short at the end.

Well done all.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 301 36.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 321 38.5%
  • BMW

Votes: 301 36.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 198 23.8%
  • Toyota

Votes: 312 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 102 12.2%