Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

Sorry I'm not sure what your'e saying... Yes I do get perfect roll at Daytona, and that's with roll slider reduced a bit.

My point was just that by default, there is very little Roll motion from Dirt Rally.

Upvote 0
Hi Bruce, When the game first came out you had to use 'Legacy UDP' settings from within the game. If you used the (in game) 2018 setting you got symptoms like you describe. If you use Platform manager to set it up for you - it will change in game setting to 2018. (which you dont want) Basically dont use Platform manager to configure it.

I would have thought the numerous F1 patches would have addressed this, but it doesn't sound like it.

In a nutshell: Dont let PM configure the game for you. Go to UDP settings in game and change to legacy settings.

There was also another way of doing this iirc. Something along the lines of using PM 2017 settings but point it to launch 2018. Might be worth a Google.

Hopefully that will point you in the right direction.

Just giving you guys an update. Finally got F1 2018 to work. As Tiger Feet suggested ..... I had to do the following:
- Clone the F1 2017 Motion Platform config, rename it to F1 2018v2, and then under Edit, point it to start the F1_2018.exe program
- what this basically does is allow you to start the F1 2018 game but using F1 2017 telemetry commands to the motion platform.
- then in the game, changed the telemetry to use "Legacy" vs. 2018 protocol.

Both F1 2017 and F1 2018 now move as expected.

Tried changing the telemetry back to "2018" and had the same issues as before -- jittery in the pits before you even start a hot lap, some corners it moves, others not, jittery going down straights, etc. etc. basically unusable.

Only issue with these new settings, I can't get my external displays to work but will play with that some more as it seems to be a usual Codemasters games issue with sharing telemetry with other programs.

Hope that helps,
Bruce

Upvote 0
As Tiger Feet suggested .....

Only issue with these new settings, I can't get my external displays to work but will play with that some more as it seems to be a usual Codemasters games issue with sharing telemetry with other programs.

Hope that helps,
Bruce

I might be able to point you in the right direction for that too. I had a similar issue where I couldn't get my sim fan to run at the same time as the V3.

From memory (not at my rig)

In PM go to your working F1 profile, Click edit (where you would normally click activate or run) Then click configure in the window that has opened up. Then Proxy, Then in the UDP bit, make that number anything you like (it will probably be 5000 as standard) .... Then all you need to do is change the UDP on your apps that arnt currently working to match this number. I think you can add as many as you like...

(you may come across a codemasters app that lets you do a similar thing - I didnt find it work particularity well. Way, way to laggy.)

V3 PM F1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a potential heads up... I tried to install version V2.83 of platform manager last night. ( This is the latest version, although I dont know how long its been out). While installing, Windows warned me about the software being potentially harmful... Obviously I just clicked to install anyway... But could I get anything to run? No. The the V3 was communicating with the software, I could calibrate etc. But as soon as I launched any title the platform just didnt move. 2 hours of faf later I was in the same position, no movement in any sim.

I Uninstalled 2.83 and reinstalled 2.79 (the last working one I had). Everything worked fine, back to normal. Also, there was no windows warning about potentially harmful software upon installing.

Might be wise to skip this update?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quick question about iracing profile. I have set it but it will not start the game but if I start the game manually the seat will be moving. Does it mean that the profile has been applied or is it using some generic one?

I guess i would have to mess with the parameters in the profile settings so it can launch the game directly from profile software.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I start all games manually and yes if uses whatever profile you have activated. It doesn't matter when you activate it either, you can do so before launching the game, or change profile mid game.

It seems VR Headway doesn't work for iRacing though. It comes up all green like it should, it just doesn't seem to have any effect. Works in other sims though.

Upvote 0
Hi I just bought a v3 have a v1 and I'm having same issue. Hooked up calibrates green lights but no motion in game when it looks like data is showing in the software diagnostics. How do you roll back to older software version to try?

Thanks

Evan Wood

Upvote 0
Loaded up Race Room Racing Experience for the first time in a while and find my NLRv3 immediately tilting forward and to the left with no other motion during a race.

Anyone have this issue and resolve it? The NLR is working properly in every other game, so it's just something with R3E.

Upvote 0
Loaded up Race Room Racing Experience for the first time in a while and find my NLRv3 immediately tilting forward and to the left with no other motion during a race.

Anyone have this issue and resolve it? The NLR is working properly in every other game, so it's just something with R3E.

RaceRoom was recently updated and backwards compatibility with third party apps was broken, including the v3. Most third-parties have already updated and I tested a beta software and firmware update, which Next Level sent me this morning, after I reported the issue to them yesterday.

It worked fine so expect a release very soon! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
RaceRoom was recently updated and backwards compatibility with third party apps was broken, including the v3. Most third-parties have already updated and I tested a beta software and firmware update, which Next Level sent me this morning, after I reported the issue to them yesterday.

It worked fine so expect a release very soon! :thumbsup:
Awesome. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Yep same for me. I also sent NLR support a message. Hopefully will get the beta or a regular update also soon.

Edit: I also received the beta software pro actively. Yet again great service!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would any of you boffins have a moment to put up some screenshots of your 'just right' settings for project cars & assetto corsa (formula 1 type cars)
Also hoping to try some F1 2018 but looks like that one needs a bit of tinkering under the hood.

Upvote 0
Just giving you guys an update. Finally got F1 2018 to work. As Tiger Feet suggested ..... I had to do the following:
- Clone the F1 2017 Motion Platform config, rename it to F1 2018v2, and then under Edit, point it to start the F1_2018.exe program
- what this basically does is allow you to start the F1 2018 game but using F1 2017 telemetry commands to the motion platform.
- then in the game, changed the telemetry to use "Legacy" vs. 2018 protocol.

Both F1 2017 and F1 2018 now move as expected.

Tried changing the telemetry back to "2018" and had the same issues as before -- jittery in the pits before you even start a hot lap, some corners it moves, others not, jittery going down straights, etc. etc. basically unusable.

Hope that helps,
Bruce
Hi Bruce,
Does this still need to be done for 2018 jitter free motion?

Upvote 0
Hi Bruce,
Does this still need to be done for 2018 jitter free motion?

Unfortunately, mine hasn't been fixed. A little frustrated with the Next Motion supports techs .... kind of a long story, but time off work to meet them via teamviewer so they could look into the issue. Go to my computer 15 min before we are supposed to meet and he had already been on my computer and left me a message that everything is fine .... nothing changed ... still doesn't work. They only way I can get it to work properly is to use the F1 2017 motion scripts and point them towards the F1 2018 exe file. Works ok other than any of my external monitors that need the telemetry for info (tire wear, temps, laps, maps, etc.) don't work because they think they are talking to F1 2018 but it is using different telemetry scripts so they don't work. Hope that makes sense to most of you guys. So a little disappointed ... at least with F1 2018. Works perfectly with every other game and love the seat motion .... just wish they could figure it out the issue with my F1 2018 install. Tried reinstalling it, etc. etc. nothing has changed. Hope I don't have the same issue with F1 2019 when it comes out as they are saying this will be a big upgrade to their current platform. Time will tell !!!
Thanks, Bruce

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back