Next Level Racing V3 Motion

Brian, I have had this problem. I have spent probably a month or so with MotionSystems fixing it personally with their support team, who have been fantastic. A few initial tips before going further into tuning for you:

1) make sure that the seat is as far back of the pivot point as possible while still being comfortable to drive. That means, pushing the seat back, and adjusting your pedals and wheel deck accordingly so that everything remains fairly relative to how you have it now, but your center mass is further back on the motion platform pivot point. This alone helped my situation before other tuning. For what it's worth I only ever had the problem on No Limits 2, no racing actually caused the issue.

2) Make sure your racing harness is mounted to the actual seat bolts and not to the lower part of the platform supports, as mine was. The pressure from the harness once tightened can cause more stress on the motor than designed for. I feel this was just a minor thing for me to change but I did it anyway and find that my new mount position (I have since bought a new seat, and removed the stock seat) is much more comfortable anyway.

3) If those physical changes are not sufficient to solve the problem, you may now need to delve into the new tuning options in the profiles of each title. I have been testing these with MotionSystems and providing them feedback and suggestions for improvements and additions. Have a look at them and play with them for a while. If you cannot work them out, hit me back up and I can take you through what worked for me.

With these settings, my new seat, as well as new seating position, I am having the very best experience I ever have had with motion. I am sure there will be further tweaks to my set up but for now t's very nice, especially with VR.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Yeah Brian keep us posted, my v3 seems better than ever and the new platform software tuning ability is a big upgrade. Now the finer details are stronger and the range can be made shorter and faster.

Definitely agree what Anton said Re the seat harness as that will cause problems. My unit is at 390 hours so touch wood it continues to perform. Hope you get it sorted Pronto mate.

Upvote 0
I have considered mouting seat harness to the frame and using seatbelt tighteners, but i never did because i was afraid it puts too much stess on the motors. Looks i was right.

The NLMv3 has been running flaweless and the new software update is an awesome upgrade.

I noticed you put triangular foams on the sides of the back paddles on the GS-4, may I know why?

The exta foam has 2 functions:
1. It gives me extra side support and prevents sliding from left to righ in the GS-4 when the NLMv3 moves. The GS-4 seat is pretty wide.
2. The foam parts apply extra pressure because with the same panel movement the (hard) foam presses about 3-4 centimeter more in my sides.

The difference with the standard GS-4 is massive. This "upgrade" almost doubles the G-force effect. The backpanels of the GS-4 are only used for the G-force cornering effect, all other effects like de-accelleration are disabled. These surge effects are handled by the NLMv3

It does come with a downside though:

The extra applied force adds a lot of extra stress on the gears of the servos. Since the upgrade i have already changed 4 gearsets of the servos of the rear panels. These gearsets a pretty cheap though ( €7,50) and replacing them takes only 30min.

Overall i'm very happy with the upgraded GS-4 and the combination with the NLMv3 is .....MAGIC in VR.

Upvote 0
Great news that it was nothing too serious Brian, and very interesting that a local electronics guy was willing to open it and fix ... did he have any difficulty getting the casing off ? It certainly looks like it is armored up like Fort Knox ! :geek:

Upvote 0
unfortunately unit was dead on arrival ... just waiting for customer service to help with replacement ... will update on service for potential buyers as ISRTV said they are "good" ... let's hope as $6000 Cdn investment ... UPDATE: Next Level great service replacement unit is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!
bought mine it wont work faulty unit where is quality control they need to check if the item works before sending.

Upvote 0
I'm in the UK and mine arrived with the 2 prong European cable too. I just grabbed a cable with the UK plug and it worked just fine. There's isn't anything special about the cable it's a standard kettle style cable.
Sorry to necrobump an old thread but my NLV3 also only came with a two-pronged Euro plug with no adapter. I phoned Amazon to see if they'd send me a UK plug and BOOM - they instantly gave me 10% back on the entire purchase price.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%