PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I hope next time they don't put modern racing slicks on their vintage cars!
This is a real game breaker for me, Also the excessive pitching of the cars when accelerating and braking and the awful sound in replays. But i agree graphics and optimisation are top notch and theres so much content, I still rate the RX side of the game just that i find RX tracks too fiddly, Except Brands hatch classic and i love Lydden.

Not sure what wheel you have but I tried so many custom feed back profiles every one of them was supposed to be the 'one' but none of them felt very good. Many of the cars the ffb is so bad its broken & feels worse than some sketchy AC mod. Some cars i thought i managed to dial in then took the to another track & would feel wrong.
Same as the first game many many hours of my life lost trying to get the ffb right to no avail.
TS-PC Racer and I used a personal modification of Christaans FFB files. It works amazingly well. Check out the thread about it in the pcars2 forum. I post a lot of car settings there.

Project CARS games are not perfect, but I think more "hate" is generated by the Mr. Bell's person than by the game quality itself. If you never heard of PC/2 before and just tried it, I think most would be positive about it and some maybe even surprised by some of its features.

From WMD I know there are some incredibly talented people working on the game. They work really hard and are very passionate about what they do. And now imagine this egoistic ****-talker, who only generates this amount of hate in people toward your work. If he knew to shut up, there would be 75% less of this.

Any commercial is better than none.

Maybe not. :D
I had a friend who famously said "it's better that people talk about you, good or bad, than not talk about you at all". Something...:confused: I couldn't never fully understand. Yeah, he was a few light years ahead of me.

The association with Reiza is a win/win, as Project Cars receives proper FFB and Reiza receives Live Track and Project Cars Tire modelling. I’m optimistic for both companies new releases.
* note for the haters ~ go play Sega Rally on a Sega Mega Drive with the controller and then have a good think to where we are at in terms of P.C. racing now....
Is that really what the deal between Reiza and SMS is?

My understanding is that Reiza is licensing the Madness engine. To me, Reiza will have updated graphics, live track and such. However, I understood that this was a one way client-provider relationship. I never heard that Reiza was providing anything to SMS beside money and/or royalties.

Did I get this wrong?

My understanding is that Reiza is licensing the Madness engine. To me, Reiza will have updated graphics, live track and such. However, I understood that this was a one way client-provider relationship. I never heard that Reiza was providing anything to SMS beside money and/or royalties.

Did I get this wrong?
As far as we know...you didn't, really. Neither Reiza nor SMS went on record on any specific details of their relationship, so until they do (*if* they do), it's safe to assume it's just a standard business relationship where Reiza licensed the engine and SMS is providing the support for it.

But people just love to speculate based on very little information and let their imagination run wild... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Love that Dubya quote, often use it myself in this context.
...somehow though I keep proving the opposite as I let myself get fooled again and again and again...
On the bright side, I just had a sea food dinner for two and three kids meals for EUR 180,-

So, first wait until Reiza fixes the physics/FFB of the Madness engine in AMS2 and then copy/paste it in PC Revolution? Now I understand why he said AT LEAST 200% better!!:D Makes me wonder about the deal between SMS and Reiza as well? That’s also what stopped me to jump on the AMS2 train already, and I really like Reiza (bought all their games/DLC up till now).
Why everyone thinks Reiza will magically improve physics engine, when Renato said they don’t plan major changes there. Also Neils won’t be directly involved in AMS2 physics. He is still working with ISI gmotor/Automobilista 1 engine.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back