PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

That's precisely why i don't put my hopes too high on AMS2 also...
To be honest AMS is my second favorite racing title (after iracing), I really-really like it, but my hopes on AMS2 are lower and lower on every post and picture I see (in fact, it's ams1 with a bad engine....strange)
....and concerning PC3 : the only thing I could say is they tricked me once , they wont trick me twice^^, so it'll be without me, no matter what they say
@++

The news that a game might be getting better has evidently hit some people very hard. I just wish to express my sympathies and tell you all that you are very much in my thoughts at this difficult time and wish you all a speedy recovery following such devastating news.

Grand Prix 4 improved upon Grand Prix
GTR 2 improved upon GTR
rFactor 2 improved upon rfactor
ACC improved upon AC (less current issues)

AMS 2 will improve upon AMS
Project CARS Revolution will improve upon Project Cars 2

Enough to make your blood boil isn't it. It's getting more and more difficult to enjoy this hobby with games and hardware getting better and better all the time :whistling:
Im sure it will improve in some areas, but 200%? What does it even mean? pCars 1 was sold as revolutionary sim with greatest physics. Then when pCars 2 was being released they finally admired flaws in previous version, but promised they will be fixed in pCars2. It’s better but still inconsistent and things like handling, FFB and AI again aren’t the best. It was quickly abandoned adding only DLCs while leaving many day 1 bugs and issues.
I think (almost) all of us whish pCars Revolution will be so good as promised and it will blow every othe sim out of the water, but we were burned two times already.

Thing is, I disagree that physics are bad... even the standard raw ffb feels great in my wheel. It is improved dramatically by the latest custom FFB and it is close in feel to rFactor 2 imho. Heck, LMP2s are actually better in this game than in rFactor 2 imho. And there are aspects this game simulates that other sims don't. I mean, brake temperature and brake fade, engine damage due to overheating and tyres differentiated heating where the surface can be hot but the inner tyre is not giving you a false sense of security. In hard compound tyres you actually need warmup laps or you will just ruin your tyres. I had an amazing race on the PORSCHE GT3 last weekend and I find it hard to have a similar experience anywhere else (maybe ACC) it started cloudy, then for descended with a smattering of rain then it cleared up and it was night all the while the car feeling amazing and having a close race with the AI. When this SIM works, it is unbelievably good.

That is why I believe it is the best out of the box SIM in the market.
There are some things pCars2 simulates better, some not so much, but (not paid) racing drivers say it’s handling is not that realistic comparing to major commercial sims like AC(which is also far from perfect)

Well, still mixing different topics here...
A) Niels not working on AMS2 but eventually he will chime in if interested (see latest Renato interview) and he has a contract with S397 for now
B) PC tyre model is quite complex, it simulates carcass, deformation, lateral forces, etc etc it's the way you use it, the numbers you put on it to give you the best results both in handling and ffb.
C) Reiza adopted the engine and they are working with WMD guys in order to master it and add the features they need so we can suppose this will bring a mutual advantage to both teams
D) Renato hinted Ian Bell asked them to work together to a new project (this should happen after AMS2 but we can suppose PCR is the new IP)
E) When PC1 was released it was intended as direct competitor of AC and to be honest it worked well on consolle
F) why you guys are so biased towards a game?
I mean...I barely played PC1 and didn't bought PC2 but this doesn't mean we can't just take note a new title will be released without going personal against a dev...
Sometimes silence is the best form of protest (because talking if him is already giving visibility to new title for free).

The physics engine of Project Cars 2 was definitely worked on and upgraded from PC1. I'm assuming PC3 will also have further work done on it's physics engine rather than just essentially being a re-titled PC2 "mod."

That leads me to 2 questions:
- Does Reiza have access to the PC3 physics engine or only the PC2 physics engine?
- If Reiza has access to only the PC2 physics engine, do they have access to modify/update it's coding like they have with ISI's rFactor physics engine (albiet they barely made any changes to it)?

This thread is completely hilarious. To be expected I guess. Every time someone releases news of a new racing simulator being worked on the thread turns into a bunch of ignorant morons saying stupid stuff. Its kind of sad what this community has become. Just a bunch of fanbois and know nothings, who can do nothing but crap all over any sim that isn't their "holy grail" of a sim. My favorite part is all the crazy speculation by people who don't know a damn thing about physics engines, or coding. After reading through this I am left wondering why anyone would put any time and effort into building anything for this community. I remember when Simbin built the GTR mod for EA's F1 game. I remember how excited everyone was that we had something other than modern F1, Stock Cars, or F1 cars from 1967, to drive. I remember when rFactor was released, and GTR2, and all the mods for those sims, and how those of us who had been around sim racing since the mid 90's were excited by every new mod that expanded our hobby. Now in days someone announces they are working on something new, and its all a bunch of people screaming "your physics suck", "your ffb sucks", "(insert favorite sim here), is way better than whatever your working on". Its absolutely pathetic.

There are some things pCars2 simulates better, some not so much, but (not paid) racing drivers say it’s handling is not that realistic comparing to major commercial sims like AC(which is also far from perfect)
Pcars2 once dialed in properly is better than AC in terms of FFB and simulates more physics than AC. Certain cars in A.C. are better simulated (F1, LMP1 for instance) but generally, PCARS2 is better.
Last weekend I had a non paid racing driver test a lot of different cars in different sims and he rated pcars2 very highly except for karts where he found rfactor2 the best (karts suck in pcars2).

I was happy with PC1 and an early 'investor', still drive PC2 a lot these days, and look forward to what PC3 will bring. As for all the critics, do tell us what you have been 'developing' .............................:roflmao:
And I agree, Ian Bell is a royal PITA but he seems to be goal oriented, just needs to STFU.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%