NFS Tournament Class A

Cars NFS Tournament Class A 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello guys, great mod, thanks!

I deleted the old cars and installed the update manually but now the Ferrari has different sounds as I changed them with content manager the last time. Does anyone know how to get the mod sounds back? As i said this is a fresh install of the latest update, but content manager seems to remember that I swapped the sounds a while ago.
It's currently using the sounds from the Maserati 250F 12c, so choose that one from CM.

Hi, first of all I wanted to thank you for your excellent work. Your mods are fantastic. I noticed a very small error on the Diablo tires. "ASI
Lamborghini_Diablo_SV_wheel_-_Flickr_-_exfordy.jpg
MMETRICO" is written with a single "S". Nothing relevant, just a clarification. Congratulations again!

There is a small problem with the 512TR_S1 on two skins (Blu Oscuro and Nero). The high resolution cockpit remains black, and then they'll show the default light brown for the low resolution cockpit. These include the old brown int_panels.dds and int_seats.dds but miss brown cockpitLR.dds/leather_dark.dds.
Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_s1_imola_3-5-120-23-56-56.jpgScreenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_s1_imola_3-5-120-23-56-59.jpg
I guess one solution would be to just copy a dark cockpitLR.dds from another S1 skin, to keep all black interiors like on other skins, or if a brown interior was intended, to add to these the missing leather_dark.dds (which could be a copy of the leather_clear.dds already in the folder) and a matching cockpitLR.dds (for tone/dash).

I wouldn't be surprised if int_panels.dds and int_seats.dds on these skins where just leftovers from when the S1 had the same model as the regular 512TR.

Despite recent loss of LODs on the VT, it's also currently missing a low resolution cockpit too which would still help to cut object count considerably like the one included on the latest LODless Jota. Thanks for your consideration. :thumbsup:

Update: Forgot to add, on the regular 512TR a few skins could do with an extra cockpitLR.dds to match dashboard color when significantly different to grey (like in Blue_Sera) or when seats aren't also of a brown tone that could go unnoticed (Nero_Bianco).

Last edited:
I guess a future update would be about LOD models then. The s1 cockpit had a completely redone UV map so I forgot to update the low res version for that.

@aphidgod the 512 has a very strong tendency to lose the rear under braking; what can I do in my driving to mitigate this?

I'm not sure... I just went for a drive around Fonteny with it on both SVs and SMs and I found it very docile on the brakes. :unsure:

So I guess be sure you're on the latest version, first and foremost. :D

Other than that, the Testarossa series had the engine sitting on top of the gearbox and while the 512TR did lower it a couple cm compared to the first gen cars, it still has that high rear center of gravity that likes to waggle around a bit. It pays to always be mindful of staying ahead of the back end as once it starts to get away from you it usually finishes the job. A dab of throttle often settles it down for me.

So I guess be sure you're on the latest version, first and foremost.

I am :D

Other than that, the Testarossa series had the engine sitting on top of the gearbox and while the 512TR did lower it a couple cm compared to the first gen cars, it still has that high rear center of gravity that likes to waggle around a bit. It pays to always be mindful of staying ahead of the back end as once it starts to get away from you it usually finishes the job. A dab of throttle often settles it down for me.

Ok, will try! thanks!

@A3DR the skins names are mostly fine :D just remember to use 'Scuro' rather than 'Oscuro' ;) apart from that, they are ok now
renaming a skin folder is always a tricky thing (or any of the file structure for that matter)
as most people will just overwrite the folder, and keep old ones
so they would have both scuro and oscuro folders, leading in "default" skins online and so on etc.
so i'd go with the flaw and keep the mistake, can always rename the "name" in the ini file and not change the folder structure

Remember Kunos kept some italian names and other mistakes in the nodes when modding a car :D

A3DR updated NFS Tournament Class A with a new update entry:

New tires + physics improvements, visual stuff too

DELETE OLD FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING!
CSP 1.60 RECOMMENDED.

Visuals

• Adjusted paints for CSP 1.60
  • Working odometers, thanks to @AlleyViper
  • Adjusted blurred rims settings
  • Improved instrument lighting, fixed some issues
  • Some other small visual fixes

Physics

• Changed all tires over to custom load sensitivity curves
  • Adjusted some suspension setup values in response to new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Imho, it's better to be user "unfriendly" on those situations, one should always replace a whole car folder instead of uncompressing over, for stuff released in complete package (edit: only after this, the user should add back his stuff from the old folder put aside). Bad habits shouldn't be supported when at some point they create issues. Pe, when a folder with a space should be replaced by one without it, and that's something the user should eliminate in some way because the previous one causes an issue, and it's not just a typo. But on ks updates, these scenarios were also scheduled for deletion during the update (even if not always, but even on the recent 488 evo it happened).

These cars had other changes along the way, so older skin folders with same name also became incompatible with the new models in some ways when uncompressing over, because a newer file on the fresh kn5 should take precedence, requiring the older ones to be removed (interior textures for lr on the 512s1old model, texture maps for the old _jota, etc).

PS: Hey A3DR, at this point there's no need to bother add a note to thank me for the odometers, as the whole implementation/visual decisions became part of your workflow by now. I'm glad enough if my previous hints helped you to get to this point :)

If you ever need a custom emissive to illuminate the odometers at night without making changes to dashboards, the example left on Class B thread for the Viper before the update should get you covered. I'll have a look at the 512TR, as I've just noticed it requires it, and submit you guys later if it helps for other content :thumbsup:

(edited with more info)

Last edited:
A3DR states that 'This pack includes both cars and race grid templates to be used in Content Manager for each car, so it loads the same opponents from the original game'.

Sounds good. How do I access that in Content Manager?

Imho, it's better to be user "unfriendly" on those situations, one should always replace a whole car folder instead of uncompressing over, for stuff released in complete package (edit: only after this, the user should add back his stuff from the old folder put aside). Bad habits shouldn't be supported when at some point they create issues. Pe, when a folder with a space should be replaced by one without it, and that's something the user should eliminate in some way because the previous one causes an issue, and it's not just a typo. But on ks updates, these scenarios were also scheduled for deletion during the update (even if not always, but even on the recent 488 evo it happened).

These cars had other changes along the way, so older skin folders with same name also became incompatible with the new models in some ways when uncompressing over, because a newer file on the fresh kn5 should take precedence, requiring the older ones to be removed (interior textures for lr on the 512s1old model, texture maps for the old _jota, etc).

PS: Hey A3DR, at this point there's no need to bother add a note to thank me for the odometers, as the whole implementation/visual decisions became part of your workflow by now. I'm glad enough if my previous hints helped you to get to this point :)

If you ever need a custom emissive to illuminate the odometers at night without making changes to dashboards, the example left on Class B thread for the Viper before the update should get you covered. I'll have a look at the 512TR, as I've just noticed it requires it, and submit you guys later if it helps for other content :thumbsup:

(edited with more info)
Well, the "thanks" goes because I've updated them all at once with the odometer thing, and I've figured it out thanks to you in all these cars. ;)
I've went through the emissive things but I didn't have a lot of time to dig into it, and found a couple of issues while testing on some cars... will be different next time as I'll include it in my workflow, so it'll be easy to set up later.

A3DR states that 'This pack includes both cars and race grid templates to be used in Content Manager for each car, so it loads the same opponents from the original game'.

Sounds good. How do I access that in Content Manager?
I'm not sure what you mean, I didn't include any of that on this last update.

Thanks Guys for another Update! It's nice to see the Modders actually care for thei content! But now I have to take the Testarossa for a spin...:inlove:

Well, the "thanks" goes because I've updated them all at once with the odometer thing, and I've figured it out thanks to you in all these cars. ;)
I've went through the emissive things but I didn't have a lot of time to dig into it, and found a couple of issues while testing on some cars... will be different next time as I'll include it in my workflow, so it'll be easy to set up later.
If it's of interest and they suffice, I've forwarded the 512 odo custom emissives to Jason and a few other reports as usual. For minor stuff I prefer not to clutter this thread, as they shouldn't affect user experience.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hmm this latest update now has a really weak engine sound for Testarossa standard version. I replaced the sound bank and GUID with the previous 1.5 version's.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%