Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

Kinda double post but worth it I beleive:

Point to note on overclocked CPU's -- I knocked my overclock down just a smidge cos I was getting issues, and (touch wood) stability seems to have found my PC once more.

PC ran super smooth at Brno in testing last night and all night tonight for me during RDGTC race, not one single murmer in a lot of driving including in rain over past 24 hours :good:

• Matt Alpeter

ever since i installed those new drivers, my monitor will randomly turn black for about a second and a half at a rate of about one time per 5hrs or so. REALLY freaky when you're braking for a hairpin though...

Matt, sounds like your display drivers are crashing - nvlddmkm stopped responding error ... (if you alt tab to desktop, there is usually a yellow warning triangle in the taskbar, you can also see some more info in the event log (but not much!).

See here and here for a bit more info and some possible solutions - things I have found to help are turning down my CPU overclock very slightly, and turning off the display's power save settings in windows - GL sorting it mate.

Wigan Piers not a day out at the seaside, its a drug fueled night club, or at least it used to be. sorry I have nothing constructive to post :(

Oh yeah, the 80`s ruled, remember it well, or i used to until my brain became addled:dance2:

2 years ago it was the site of a computer fair every week i believe.

Nvidia external flat panel scaling issue - fixed?

Since getting my laptop back from the menders with a new GPU in it I have been having issues that my external monitor would not correctly scale to its native 1680x1050 resolution (GPU = Nvidia 8600M GS).

This seems to be due to the nvidia drivers ... tried several different versions and none worked - had to change the resolution to 1400x1050 to get close, but was still a bit rubbish looking.

Finally I tried the new 180.70 beta's and all SEEMS to be working well - but not tested in anger yet.

(BTW - this card runs rFactor really well, might try Evo in a bit ... I could yet become a travelling game-controller sim racer when I am not at home - LOL :D)

Links to drivers:

ForceWare 180.70 XP (32-bit)
ForceWare 180.70 Vista (64-bit)
ForceWare 180.70 Vista (32-bit)

Modded Inf files (to allow installation on mobile cards) and other details here:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

ahhh :censored:
two reboots and its screwed up again:pissed-off:

Anyone else go this or managed to sort this out would be happy to hear about how its done ...
Tried all the scaling options and HDMI stuff, custom resolutions, "overscan utils" from Nvidia website .... :sad:

:)

Painful, yes ... I remember reading somewhere that it worked in the 169.x versions ... sigh, will sweep my 180.x drivers out and go get it then report back.
Maybe not happen for a few days, but hopefully soon - had enough of this rubbish :(

I have the same issue aswell sometimes (Ati 4870). I have my current pc for about 4 months now and I got this issue about 6 or 7 times since then. It's completely random, I was free from it for about 3 weeks untill it crashed last friday during the NPG race. It's not only in Race07/Evo, I have had it in rFactor aswell.

I update my Ati drivers every month when there are new ones released, hoping it is fixed someday.

I have the same issue aswell sometimes (Ati 4870). I have my current pc for about 4 months now and I got this issue about 6 or 7 times since then. It's completely random, I was free from it for about 3 weeks untill it crashed last friday during the NPG race. It's not only in Race07/Evo, I have had it in rFactor aswell.

I update my Ati drivers every month when there are new ones released, hoping it is fixed someday.
My last hope, that this is exactly the problem (I also have a ATI one, 3870, see separate thread). I think my problems started after an update. So currently considering reinstalling everything.

Are you running Vista64, I never had this under XP32? 2 Monitors?

every were you look people are getting "Display driver stopped responding", both with ATI & nVidia.
as i`m looking to upgrade i`ve been doing lots of reading and the whole situation stinks. there happy taking our money and release new drivers almost every month, yet people are having to use last years drivers.
i`m very tempted to stick with my 8600 for now, i`ve had to go back to 169.25 drivers to try and get rid off the driver problem.

i dont know if this has any real maening on which is having less problems, but i googled "Display Driver Stopped Responding nvlddmkm" and got 6,700 hits
and "Display Driver Stopped Responding atikmdag" only returned 1,900 hits.

i dont know if this has any real maening on which is having less problems, but i googled "Display Driver Stopped Responding nvlddmkm" and got 6,700 hits
and "Display Driver Stopped Responding atikmdag" only returned 1,900 hits.

I think only if you manage to put it into relation with number of sold cards :D

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house