(OBSOLETE)F1 22 Fixed AI acceleration on straights

Misc (OBSOLETE)F1 22 Fixed AI acceleration on straights Update 7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Any reason we need additional steps with skins? Is the value this mod change tied to every car in the files?
And for a my team skin, are those steps also required? Thanks for this mega mod

Any reason we need additional steps with skins? Is the value this mod change tied to every car in the files?
And for a my team skin, are those steps also required? Thanks for this mega mod
Copypaste erp files with car characteristics also contains textures. But myteam cars is different this year and textures located in the other file, so is you use only skin for myteam, then do only copypaste.

Thanks for this. It makes a massive difference. Unfortunately the cars still streak away at the the start, thus immediately creating an insurmountable gap within a seconds of the start. Its been a problem with the game for as long as I can remember.
This mod significantly improves the AI but it doesnt make the game remotely realistic. I don't think its possible to make the game so unless the devs actually fix the broken AI.
This makes makes the racing less unrealistic but it doesn't make it any more realistic.
Under the circumstances you've done a great job. But, the problems with the AI are so deep within the game that they can't be modded out. The racing is clearly scripted. Every year the AI has exactly the same problems. In fact, its the same AI every year.
Thanks for this and youv'e done your best to improve things.

StrongestFish submitted a new resource:

F1 22 Fixed AI acceleration on straights - AI don't run away

Read more about this resource...
BUT THIS AIS, WILL NOT MAKE UNREAL CURVES, WITH A LOT OF DOWNFORCE AND SPEED, WHERE WOULD THEY NOT HAVE GRIP, IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN IN REALITY?
WHY IN BRAKES WITH TWO CARS, ONE CHANCE OF A CAR, HAVE TO LOSE THE TAKING POINT AND LEAVE LESS STRONG, BECAUSE IF YOU ENTER AND LEAVE THE CURVE STRONGLY, THAT'S STEALING AGAINST THE PLAYER.

Does this work on an already active MyTeam save? I've tried both Update 1 and 2 but even though I'm the 4th best Constructor I get overtaken on straights by every team.

If I am using a skin mod, I am attempting to do the XML edit that you have under spoiler, but I am wondering if also need to edit the common.erp and common_form.erp that is under common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams (not the ones in each team folder)

If I am using a skin mod, I am attempting to do the XML edit that you have under spoiler, but I am wondering if also need to edit the common.erp and common_form.erp that is under common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams (not the ones in each team folder)
No, because his files do not include the common*** files :)

dont know if im the only one, but this mod made me have 3 DNFs in 4 races due to engine going down

i remember this being a problem with using mods also in F1 2021, anyone else experiencing this?

Might be a bit stupid of a question but me and my friends are playing via LAN, will this work if all of us use this mod?

2nd question will I be able to play LAN while I have this on my singleplayer modes?

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 45 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%