F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

L30P4RD,

EXCELLENT idea!!! Thank you, as we badly needed a mod like this. I definitively see some change in AI cars being a little bit more aggressive...however, I think that a more aggressive behaviour is needed to make it more real and more fun (see , e.g., Petrov vs. Alonso)!!!

Can you plase consider an update with a bit more "fight", that is more difficulty to pass AI especially once amongst cars at top of the grid (Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, etc)? That would greatly add to realism and to fun....

Also, as second reflection to you, I 'd sugggest, if possible, a bit more resistance & "tenacity" betweeen cars of the same team, so, say, to make it much more difficult to overtake your team mate...

Anyway, excellent as a first try / beta and please keep improving this much needed modit.....

The catch up feature in F1 2010 is used to simulate the AI turning the engine up to high.
So if the AI start falling back to far they turn the engine up which is why they catch up to you.
The same with the AI in front all of a sudden you'll see them pull away from you, in my opinion
this feature should not be switched off. But I do like the idea of this mod. Any chance of the same mod
with the catch up feature turned on. Thanks :)

You do not have to take the catchup file out I just recommend it, also the catchup file is difficulty specific. I have just tested a new variation with a few races and tweaked the co files also (team mate) as they were holding hand's for a stroll and now they are going for each other a little (more tweaking).

I tell you what its a shame their is no wheel scrape rubber marks on the side pods coz mine would be black now tee hee. I just had a whole heap of fun at Monza then Marina for testing I wanna play again not mod, piff, what a waste of time modding is :) .

Hamilton and Button were gone in both races and Webber had a slight accident leaving him 24 at Marina (Wasn't me). The fight I watched between the Renault's was amusing so I took advantage and blew em away lol.

Playing with their brain's is fun. Keep you posted, Dave.

Hi Leopard,

I have also played around with Driver_config, for a modding team that is impoving as many aspects of the game that are not as we like. And managed to get them to a point , were they take better lines into corners, overtake more, and general behave how I would want them to, not defending air and similar.

Our aim is to make this as best as we can and you might have some input with what you have found, if you would be interested?

Tyres Pirelli Pzero version Lostao

This version was made by me, using and enjoying real images of the tires, I think that was pretty cool, I hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2010-11-23 19-16-13-31.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2010-11-23 19-16-13-31.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 325
  • F1_2010_game 2010-11-23 19-16-18-71.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2010-11-23 19-16-18-71.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 258
  • F1_2010_game 2010-11-23 19-16-02-54.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2010-11-23 19-16-02-54.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 248
Ok, mate you definitely blow my chance to win the world championship with Lotus.. :DDD I don't know how much the Hungaroring is a "fast" track like Catalunya, for the AI, but I set them to amateur difficulty just in case. Qualy went normal.. They lapped at 1:26-ish, I made a mediocre 1:25 to the pole. Race was the whole other animal. They instantly pull 1:23 laps, Vettel got away in the first corner.. I could barely keep him.. (100% race, no assists, G25, fuel sim off, tyre sim on) I usually play at intermediate or professional level, with two flashback(and win!), now I set 4 and I had to use them all. Slightest error and they move past you and really hard to get close to them again. I was 4th around the 63 lap when I made a first big mistake got off the track.. I held back a few cars, they immediately passed me, and I did not had no flashback left.. Until that moment I was 4 sec away from the leading 3, and they just come up to a group of slow cars, so maybe I had a chance to win but finally I came up 8th. I usully get 25 or 0 points so definitely an improvement to realism! :)

I think I'm fairly consistent at my driving, but it is really hard to set the proper difficulty for the race if the AI can go 3 sec faster in the race than in the qualification. Is it possible to hold them back to that level?

(And btw, I don't think that your team mate should be harder to overtake. Usually they are warned to take care of each other so it should be the easiest overtake in the field, if it is going for a position. I usually give a lap or two to mine, so it is not affecting me much just yet, but if the AI tweak is final and I have to fight with him, than I don't want to end up on the grass every time I try to pass him, it would be unrealistic. (only happens with world champions! ;) ) )

Good to hear things are turning out well and such good progress is being made.
Checking out this thread every day to keep track of progress (and hopefully someday to pick up the :cool: mod itself)

Keep up the good work and thanks in advance to everyone involved in making this the most wanted F1 2010 mod !

Qualy went normal.. They lapped at 1:26-ish, I made a mediocre 1:25 to the pole

The qualy times are simulated the car's on track are eye candy only during practice and qualy's I am afraid.
The race is AI racing so that is why it is totally different. I will look into qualy times and see if I can make amendment's to reflect the mod. However I am working on this mod at the moment and still have a lot of ground to cover, so the qualy times is not high in the list of's as it is simulated and tish tosh anyway.
The realism factor is what I am after because that is more fun and it is also fun watching some of my effects, which is making me think along the lines of other possible mod's (future). But for now I just want to get this one under the belt.

Oh and sorry for blowing your chance's :p and I am working on the team-mate aspect at the moment.

hooooolllllllyyyyyy sh*t! this is insane!
At first I tried Bahrain as its one of the brightest tracks.. gamma at 0.7 and it looked a little dark in the cutscene at the start with I thought was a little odd..
Then I now tried Abu Dahbi, one lap in a Mercedes and it looks increbible! guys, trust me on this, you probably wont use any other.. unless you get a DX11 card. Im only using a 512MB nvidia 5600gt and it looks great so god knows what an average DX11 card will look like!
The menus are also crisper and more resolution...
and now to Spa where I am trying out the "Truweather" mod by the devs on heavy rain!

PS. the cams by Ch0nG are exactly like real life! I have been waiting for something like that for a while!
Happy gaming! Sorry I dont have a capture card to record my seeting etc but give it a shot...

Congratulations RDD!

Regards, Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 15 24.2%