Old RACE 07 Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
spa..jpg

Due to absence of drivers we have some free slots in the RD Touring Car Championship!

If you are a racing enthusiast and would love to battle with the best touring car drivers in SimBin's RACE On, then this is your chance to participate in the world's biggest RACE On league here at RaceDepartment and you will be on track starting this Sunday night during the second round of the championship at Spa-Francorchamps!

There are a few slots left, and all interested licensed members can sign up

Click this link to visit the RDTCC forum.

Please make sure you have read the format before you sign-up

one.jpg
Only a couple of days left to sign up for the RDGT-C League! If you dont want to miss out on this awesome league, you will need to test and decide what your favorite 3 cars are and then list them in order of prefference HERE in the Sign Up Thread before the end of Tuesday the 2nd of November...........Best get your skates on!

two.jpg
This season promises to be the most exciting yet, with the move to rFactor and the NAGT Mod, the RDGT-C just keeps getting better and better! Get involved, get testing, get yer skates on and get signed up!

GT3.png

Attachments

• NAGT2.jpg
    NAGT2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 351
  • NAGT1.jpg
    NAGT1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 377
Roaring Pipes Maniacs had the best race possible at a sunny Algarve as they took a 1-2 finish. Rami Kaukola started from pole (and also set the fastest lap in the race) but lost the lead at the start to his teammate Marcin Skrzypczak. He took the lead back though after a few laps and from there on he never looked back. Skrzypczak then had to battle Gameracer FOR driver Mikko Korkiakoski in stint two, almost losing the 2nd position but in the end he could safely bring home a 1-2 finish á la Le Mans style for the Dutch outfit.

Gameracer FOR had also a good result with Korkiakoski in 3rd and Kevin Clark finishing 5th after a late race battle with Flying Dutchman Racing driver Hugo Hekkenberg where the later got 4th. The battle up front in the standings are heating up even more with this results. 6th place went to Ludovic Cogotti in the Project D car. The French team had a good race with Gaetan Legastelois finishing 9th,

Borna Spoljaric for Torrent Motorsports finished in 7th in his STC debut. Gubbklubben had a race to forget. Göran Johansson finished in 8th but Peter Carlsson who was quick in qualifying had problems and had to start at the back and while fighting his way up the grid he crashed out. Gubbklubben lost a few points in the fight for 3rd in the standings to The Black Rebels but the they didn't exacly have a stellar race either, finishing 14th and 17th. 10th spot went to Bob Hutchins for Black Visor Motosports, their best finish of the year.

Race results

source | simracingteamchallenge.com
algarveposter.jpg

sj2720x450.jpg

Flyer made by Can Ozcelik

RDGTC S3 - Drivers Meeting: Suzuka - November 7th, 2010

Practice: 30 minutes starts at 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 20 minutes starts at 19:30 GMT
Warmup: 10 minutes starts at 19:50 GMT
Race: 55 minutes starts at 20:00 GMT (Including Manual formation lap)

Track: Suzuka

Notes:

-Formation lap Rules: First lap of the race will be a single file formation lap. The race leader remains a speed of 100 km/h (60 mph) during the formation lap and the rest of the field follows without swaying. If you spin during the formation lap you follow the field in last position.
The race starts when the leader accelerates out of the final corner. No overtaking before the start/finish line.

- League drivers only
- Race is not mandatory to join
- You must race with you assigned car
- Race will not count for the Rankings.
- Default skins only

More info HERE

Absolutely fantastic race even with my 13th place, but it was among wiled drivers and a bad strategy from me as I pit for fuel and tires, because I discovered that I could finish the race with a full tank and the tires that I started with.
Any way I just did a one practice session ahead of the race so I am happy with my PB achievement and I will work harder for the league to get good "pace and place".

For who did not drive this bests before "You should do it".

Best!

This was a terrific 'test' race:D Many thanks to Remco, Ivo and RD for this brilliant league. The cars are tricky but great fun to drive and the 'marginal' tire life adds a real degree of strategy! I will be spending the next week working on how to go faster but still save my tires and alot of setup work to this end also!:D

This will be a spectacular series to drive AND watch in the broadcasts! DONT MISS IT!

Thanks to Mikkel Gram-Hansen from Simbin and Alessandro Gamberini from RaceDepartment, now you can have Race On, Race 07 or STCC:The Game as prize by competing in our RaceDepartment Competitions.

We have plenty of competitions and they are really easy to attend. Suitable for everyone.

There is a limited number of available licenses so visit our competition forum NOW and get a chance to have those fabolous masterpieces of Simbin.

This SIMBIN-RACEDEPARTMENT competition is to intend as promotional only and free of charge.

Further details can be found here.

simbin_comps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 165 34.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 130 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 91 19.2%