Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

I'm hoping to see a BIG field for this race. Every iracer has this car/track combo, should be a really good race. I also did some fuel calculations and come up with needing 2.8 gallons to go the 18 laps, to bad the settings only allow for 2.7 or 4.0 gallons. There is some wiggle room in my calculation but I don't think I will be brave enough to go 2.7. I will need to do a full race lenght test to see if it will work.

Yep that's around what I came up for fuel as well. Didn't see the tire wear when I did a practice session last night of around 10 laps. But did notice that the front left was getting rather hot. Well I checked it was at 190F I think. Haven't touched any settings yet still baseline setup. It could be that I was a bit harsh on the tires and still trying to get heel and toe technique down more. Blew up a few engines already! :)

I've kinda forgot about getting my Star Mazda race in this week, as I've been getting some practice in here and have been busy as well. Still can't figure out why iRacing wouldn't have a D Class MX-5 schedule. Really like this car!

I hope throwing that time out there wasn't my down fall Eric, I remember the race on days.

You're in no danger from me atm - you've got an easy 6 mo headstart on me in this, and iR still isn't my main sim - so if I ever do catch up to you it will be an accomplishment. I'm somewhere in the 27's-28's with a lot of room for improvement. Still haven't gotten used to the feedback iR gives me, so I tend to be more than a little conservative.

Updated the entry list.

Looking forward to the race today! Hosted event server will be up in about 2 hrs for open practice leading into official practice at 1230pm PST / 3:30pm EST / 830pm GMT.

Thanks for putting up this RD club event on the front page Kevin! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%