Old Racing Club threads

2006-Porsche-911-997-GT3-Cup-SA-1280x960.jpg

We are setting up some races for the coming saturdays in december 2009.

When there are sufficient drivers and enough interest we will continue in the next year.

The races will be held on saturdays. (X-mas let it be X-mas)

Upcoming saturday we'll hope to held a race (our first race) on Spa with the Porsche GTR3 cup.

Servername : RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTR2

Class
: Porsche GT3-cup
Track : Spa-Francorchamps GP 2004
Weather: Dry

Event start :20:00 GMT.

Practise : 20 minutes
Qualification : 20 minutes
Warm-up : 5 minutes
Race : 20 laps

Notes: about 45 minutes race with a mandatory pitstop, and standing start.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We'll hope to see a lot of you.

Tried to join late in Qual, but my game is still not letting me select the cars being run on the server. I have 2 installs and tried both, but no joy.

Both installs have Mods so I'll do a clean install and try again next week. I didn't sign up as I wasn't sure I'd be home today so I hadn't tried to sort out the game.

Hope you had fun and hopefully I can start enjoying GTR2 online soon:).

Qual P2
Taken out in T2 from P2 not sure who it was but there was no way you was ever making that :noidea:. left me in the middle of the track ready for the bunch to pounce "sorry lads nothing I could of done due to the above". then Just sat back and raced out my 3 stop strat.

Had an epic battle with Rick for a long while and trying to jump each other in the stops. Pleasure as always Rickster :cheer2:

Qual P2
Race P4

At some point there was far to many spinners just sitting on the track "Sigh"... also a little confused as to the event layout. Quote: start at daylight and finished at night.. the whole race was day & dusk ?

Anyways it was a good event and would be great to see more like it setup in the future..

Thanks to all :)
RD/Staff

I am very sorry Matt, for my mistace at T2:shame:
I was outside track before the braking zone, so my tyres must have taken up dirt, coz I braked little earlier then my usual cold brakes mark, but this time had I no traction left. could see you coming away again in 5th position, I returned in 9th.
after that incident did I have a great race with some good scraps.
Had turned down the revs to minimum and shortshifted the entire race to manage not use more then max 5 litres/lap, had 0.3 litres left at first stop and 0.7 at 2nd, could take it mutch easier after 2nd pit and had 1.4 litres left when passing start finnish line as the first car:victory:
Maked BVM 1st and 2nd as Neil could follow me as 2nd car over the line, great job done bud:highfive:
Grats also to Andreas for 3rd:good:
Driving in GTR2 makes me have a smile on my face the entire session, great sim it is:in-love:
Cant wait for the next event:drool:

American Muscle @ Zhuhai GP 2004 - Sat. December 19th 2009

full.jpg

Class
: American Muscle 24h SC
Track : Zhuhai GP, 2004
Weather: Dry​

Event start :20:00 GMT.​

Practice : 25 minutes
Qualification : 25 minutes
Warm-up : 5 minutes
Race : 45 min.

Notes:

- 1x tyre wear,
- 2x fuel use,
- make your own race and pitstop strategy,

American Muscle cars are; Corvette, Viper GTS, Saleen, Mosler and Viper coupé

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident

Entrylist

1. Stefan Beemsterboer - Saleen
2. Ingemar Petersson - Corvette
3. -
4. Rickard Norgren - Viper
5. Freddie Besems - Viper (maybe)
6. Neil Gault - Saleen/Vipe TBC
7. -
8. Philip Antonia - Saleen
9. -
10. Andreas Löffler - Corvette or Saleen TBC
11. Kevin Hopkins - Corvette
12. Can Ozcelik - Saleen
13. Emil Bønnerup - Corvette
14. Chris Sykes - Viper GTS
15. Driver
16. Driver
17. Driver
18. Driver
19. Driver
20. Driver

Qual: 4th
Finished: 2nd

Well that was great fun, I thought I done a first and pipped my team mate around his home track when i clocked a pb time of 1:24. 7?? which was only I think 0.010 quicker that his but on his last lap he went quicker again and put me back in my box :wink2:

It was my first outing with a new set of pedals (G25) and i totaly forgot to check a standing start with them so i got off the start line like a snail and lost a place before T1 :crying: But on T2 i made up a couple of places when 2 cars in front tangled, then settled down to find the rhythm which allways is easier to find in gtr2 compaired to race07/evo. I expected the 2 Lambos in front (Löffler & Bauer) to start pulling away into the distance but no i found i could stay with them not to bad, so knowing they would have to make an extra splash n dash for fuel i did my best to keep the gap to those in front as close as possible.
My first pitstop was a nightmare as i forgot to kill my engine so i sat there like a numpty waiting for fuel until they gave me the message to switch off my engine this along with a longer stop than usual to repair the damage i received when Jack Bauer themped me as he tried to unlap himself on lap 20 with 2 corners to go before my pit stop :sinister: so this meant i lost 30 odd seconds to Rickard in front which knowing him around this track i had no hope of making up :wink2: and i was right as i lost more time lap after lap and finished some 40+ seconds behind him, but it was very nice to get a BVM one & two on the grid.

One mistake i did make was i ran with a engine rad of 2 so i had to take it extra carefull with my oil constantly going over the 100 degree and into the red lap after lap and this dropped my engine health from i think 65% to 52% by the end of the race, so instead of watching the rev counter to keep my fuel consumption down i just watched the temp gauge and if it went to hot it was time to back off and the last stint i crossed the line with i think 2.88L of fuel still in the tank.

Thnx to all for making it another fun GTR2 night and i hope there are many more of them to come as this just reminded me how good GTR2 is for endurance races especially when compared to race07/evo

• Rick Hurst

lots of fun guys and a few awesome battles ..:D nice one matt. lol
and sorry to nigal and me trying to get past :(
cant wait for next race and u can sign me up already :D

i vote Spa at night :D:D:D
i was sooooo wanting it to be dark in this race and that sun was a bit annoying lol
still good fun though :D

big up for Stefan ...thanks m8 and shame about ur pc crash :( is ur card gettin hot?

and sorry to nigal and me trying to get past :(

funny thing is that i was in fuel saving mode and would have let you by if you got along side me, thats why i never took a defensive line :wink2:

overall really pleased with my race pace and even had a chance at 3rd place, but pitting to early made me have to make a 3rd stop as i was in the window to do the race with only 2 stops, plus i need to practice my pit stops as i lost loads of time when pitting. but qualified 7th and finished 5th was very nice result for me :in-love:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%