Old RBR modding threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly questions perhaps, but are you editing the right file, and have you changed it enough? Maybe it's moving, but by a small amount.

Tried it now, same resolution. I use 260 360, if I change to 260 160, it's in the middle of the screen.

I tried that and I've also tried another members but it just doesn't move from the right hand side - will go and take screen shot and post back.

Pete

OK, It's now just dawned on me that I should only have the one .ini file in the folder. I have that now and have edited the digidash.ini as follows

Hud position
;508
;718
;
; Hud Size ( if width=0, then a default value will be used)
;
; Gear X positions
72 ; R
71 ; N
83 ; 1
70 ; 2
74 ; 3
69 ; 4
70 ; 5
69 ; 6
69 ; Backlight
;

This is what the screen shows now:

5709571402_13a751c1a0.jpg

Pete

It's in the plugins folder but just out of curiosity, how/where do I check to see if I have 127 setup slots (sorry if I'm being a bit dim).

Pete

Launch a Stage using Launch RSRBR2011, then enter Tune Car, Load a setup or Save a setup, and you should see a large number of Setup slots available. With the default RBR installation (or RSRBR2011 prior to Update 05) you would only have 3 slots available.

That is so weird Pete, my settings are exactly the same as yours but my microdash looks nothing like yours.

I have a straight up rev counter with the microdash where you have a curved rev counter and the top left corner of your background is curved. Along with copying the digidash.ini file from the zip file to the MISC folder did you also put the PC_1024_03.dds & pc_1280_04.dds files into the Generic Folder? I can't understand why yours looks different to mine.

If I could figure out how to get a screen shot to paste properly into my graphics program I would show you but each time by selecting Print Screen and then quitting RBR it just pastes a blank white screen with a thin black edge for some reason.

Cheers Al

That is so weird Pete, my settings are exactly the same as yours but my microdash looks nothing like yours.

I have a straight up rev counter with the microdash where you have a curved rev counter and the top left corner of your background is curved. Along with copying the digidash.ini file from the zip file to the MISC folder did you also put the PC_1024_03.dds & pc_1280_04.dds files into the Generic Folder? I can't understand why yours looks different to mine.

If I could figure out how to get a screen shot to paste properly into my graphics program I would show you but each time by selecting Print Screen and then quitting RBR it just pastes a blank white screen with a thin black edge for some reason.

Cheers Al

That's another members ini file, I will try the original later today and post back with a screen shot if necessary.
Pete

No, you don't have to have just one .ini file, I have them all.

Anyway, that looks like the default display, maybe you didn't copy those .dds files Alastair mentions?

I did copy the two .dds files across - I'll add the .ini files back but if all of them are there then it runs them all does it not ?? Or, does it choose by screen resolution.

Pete

I was always having issues getting the aspect ratio to work in this game, even when playing around with the ini file in the default rbr install directory.

I see under the plugins folder is a file called FixUp.ini.

It has the following in it:
[Settings]
fullscreenWindow=0
fixAspectRatio=0

Do I just change it to the following to fix my aspect ratio in game?
[Settings]
fullscreenWindow=0
fixAspectRatio=1

Did you have to disable the RBR.ini tweaks first Warren? When I enabled the setting in Fixup.ini it made my screen look really squished so I disabled it again.

Cheers Al

Just a guess. This may be due to the "Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio" setting in the "Settings" dialog of RSCenter.

I assume you have activated that one. If you set this to "False" FixUp should be able to do its job.

Just a guess. This may be due to the "Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio" setting in the "Settings" dialog of RSCenter.

I assume you have activated that one. If you set this to "False" FixUp should be able to do its job.

Yep that worked, so my next question is, is there any advantage to using the aspect ration fix in Fixup.ini compared to the setting it to 16/9 is RSCenter settings?

Cheers Al

Yep that worked, so my next question is, is there any advantage to using the aspect ration fix in Fixup.ini compared to the setting it to 16/9 is RSCenter settings?

Cheers Al
As FixUp only fixes the initially in RBR hardcoded 4:3 aspect values by replacing them once with the calculated XRes/YRes values it definitely should be faster and more stable.

I guess RSRBR uses a post-calculation like CamHack to fix it. You may ask why I guessed that. Because if you have activated both, the screen gets distorted. If RSRBR would have simply fixed the aspect to the correct value this would not be the case.
You would have the same effect if using CamHack and FixUp altogether and letting both of them "fix" the aspect.

Furthermore I saw a program like ...3DRatioFix.exe (from memory, sorry, don't know exactly) in the RSRBR installation. I think this does a job similar to CamHack, but maybe I'm wrong here...

You are using the wrong ini (as you can see the layout is default with modified textures). For the lower (especialy non-widescreen) resolutions you need to use the correct ini file (for 1280 the one with 1280 and so on). Play around with them.

This. Is. Absolutely. Perfect. Does just what WorkerBee says it does - it corrects the AR in the game so <hold on to your seats> the static cameras in replays are not distorted anymore. WorkerBee, all your fixes are tiny and seemingly unimportant, but this plugin fixes most of the annoyances in RBR. Keep it up, the self-correcting AR is nothing short of mind blowing. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%