Opening games in VR, view always in the wrong position

Hi all

While not a really big issue, it is something that irritates and I'd like to get resolved. When I open up AMS2 using Steam VR on my Win 10 PC using the G2 Reverb, the headset is recognised, and you get the grid floor with the distant mountains and stars all correctly positioned and good. However AMS2 comes up with the Reiza start screen right at the bottom of the view so you have to literally look at the floor to see it. Once you get to the main menu, I can press the button allocated to 're-center view' and it will then be in the correct place. Inconvenient but obviously not devastating.

However that initial placement presumably is set somewhere as it is always in the same place when starting the game. Is there anywhere that I can go to to redefine the starting position to a more suitable one?

Cheers

Les

Recentre the headset when it’s on your head each time before u load the game? (Pressing the button in game would be much easier/quicker tho )

Last edited:
I seem to recall having this problem with my G1 a while back. IIRC clearing the WMR environment and setting it to seated helped.

I haven't used steamVR for AMS2 in quite a while though as I switched to opencomposite some time back.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%