Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I reckon you have a folder in a folder mate....
MAKE SURE you only copy the pacific_coast folder into your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder...
If you have a folder called pacific_coast_(v0.815) in your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder you've gone wrong...
Always extract mods to a temp directory (If you don't already do this) as it's safer...
and always have a look at the files and folders you have inside any folders before you copy into your install... To double check :)
Thanks for the reply. I did confirm that I have the "pacific_coast" folder only copied. I just downloaded it again to try it. It's still not showing in my selection of tracks for some reason. It's an odd issue for sure as other tracks/cars work just fine.

I reckon you have a folder in a folder mate....
MAKE SURE you only copy the pacific_coast folder into your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder...
If you have a folder called pacific_coast_(v0.815) in your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder you've gone wrong...
Always extract mods to a temp directory (If you don't already do this) as it's safer...
and always have a look at the files and folders you have inside any folders before you copy into your install... To double check :)
Problem solved! Now off to try this out. Thanks!

Great job! My favorite place for a virtual drive.
5847056550B72DFE6F6D107C7F3B65A6472C07A9

It's been a while since I've downloaded an updated version of this track, really loving the new textures and extra trees. The barriers are very helpful, especially to those driving the track for the first time. Along with the bolder yellow center line, it actually makes it easier to determine the radius of an upcoming curve.

I noticed the road has less grip than before, at least I think so. If so, how much did you reduce the surface grip?

Thanks for the reply. I did confirm that I have the "pacific_coast" folder only copied. I just downloaded it again to try it. It's still not showing in my selection of tracks for some reason. It's an odd issue for sure as other tracks/cars work just fine.
Problem solved! Now off to try this out. Thanks!
Strange... maybe the download went corrupt somewhere then... Really glad you got it working... Hope you have a load of fun down the coast :)

It's been a while since I've downloaded an updated version of this track, really loving the new textures and extra trees. The barriers are very helpful, especially to those driving the track for the first time. Along with the bolder yellow center line, it actually makes it easier to determine the radius of an upcoming curve.
I noticed the road has less grip than before, at least I think so. If so, how much did you reduce the surface grip?
Nice one :) Excellent to know... I don't really need barriers... But I do still have a few... moments....lol
Screenshot_asr_1991_ferrari_643_pacific_coast_18-3-117-2-20-15.jpg

The barriers certainly help build confidence enough to really push the limits... and certainly make the track more user friendly.
I haven't touched the surfaces.ini so there should be absolutely no change in grip?
If anything I felt like the grip went up since I added the HR FFB mesh... But I suppose everyones control setups are different...
With the barriers now in place, I'd recommend putting the track grip down to OLD or DUSTY and take a car that's tail happy for a spin :) (and the occasional flip) :D

Really glad you're loving the improvements... There are a few more to go in before it's a v1.0
I have to admit I am surprised how much more fun the barriers make the road now, It's taken me a while to find out how to make them... But I'm really glad I finally discovered the way :)

Really nice update. Still not convinced on the shaders, in any condition when there is no sunlight (e.g. heavy clouds, or a clear weather but low sun angle so there is shadow cast) the trees and mountains are almost black. whatever shader setting is responsible for the materials sensitivity to ambient light (if that is a thing) must be too low. dont know if anyone else thinks the same?

Really nice update. Still not convinced on the shaders, in any condition when there is no sunlight (e.g. heavy clouds, or a clear weather but low sun angle so there is shadow cast) the trees and mountains are almost black. whatever shader setting is responsible for the materials sensitivity to ambient light (if that is a thing) must be too low. dont know if anyone else thinks the same?
No worries mate... I agree... I think I have used an older persistence file as I have made a few changes to the terrain mesh...
I have made a large area of the "distant" terrain visual only, so I think I might have backtracked with the persistence file... As I had tweaked things further along...
I think if you're using an Occulus that might make the darkness even more pronounced for some reason from what I've seen..
As I haven't got an Occulus this is hard for me to tell... I will hopefuly get some time to play about with a few things and upload a smaller update in a week or so.
The landscape textures will be getting a pretty massive overhaul anyway so it's nothing that won't be changed anyway :)
ALL the textures that are in there now are in no way the final textures. I will be brushing up on my Photoshop skills as I go.
Cheers for the feedback

If you like Pacific Coast... you will probably like the LA Canyon track I'm also working on...
This is really early WIP but I can already tell that this will be just as, if not.. more fun than Pacific Coast...
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_angeles_forest_26-3-117-11-44-7.jpg

This will be a 25 - 30km long circuit in the San Gabriel mountains... Near Los Angeles...
A serious amount of fast sweepers... And also it will feature a tunnel... The texture/vegetation work on this will also help with Pacific Coast in the long run... So will swap various features between the two tracks :)

Have started a new thread about this track if anyone is interested, to keep this thread on topic
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/l-a-canyons.133733/

Last edited:
@Mike1304 and anyone else who has performance issues with the latest version of the track.... Rename 41.kn5 to something else (Will remove bushes)

As they're ungrouped they take the DIP's/Drawcalls up to 18,000.... ooops!
My bad.... But at least I know this now... A newb mistake obviously!
Without the bushes it drops the drawcalls to around 3,000... Still higher than I'd like... but will drop the CPU usage by about 70%

Obviously this is only a quick fix until I group all trees/bushes and upload an update soon... Cheers :)

Pacific Coast is going back to basics... To get the flow similar to L.A. Canyons Give the Canyons a try if you want to know what I mean.... It's kind of like Pacific Coast... But it's a 42km circuit (which some of you asked, about making Pacific a circuit)
pacific_coast_total_overhaul_01.jpg

I'm hoping this will be a quicker process than it was originally... As I've learnt a few things since....
It's still a massive load of work though... But as this track is dedicated to my Brother... It HAS to be worthy in every way!

Note this is a quick screengrab from Max... So it hasn't got A.C's shader enhancements yet ;)
Including normal maps sprinkled on top :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.0%