Paddock / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Developments - RDiLMS!

I normally link straight to the forums, but glad I didn't today. For those who do, there were a couple of interesting gems hidden in the club racing announcement:

"....and the addition of RD's first endurance series outside the walls of rFactor, the RDiLMS. The RDiLMS will bring the same superb mixed class endurance racing ethos of the RDLMS to iRacing 2.0 which boast driver swapping and night racing amongst its features!"

"Following the recent success of the iRacing club's Indy car events and the large amount of people interested in doing more with it, we also have plans brewing for a mixed road and oval league using the car and the fantastic tracks that iRacing offers. Look out for more news on this as the plans progress."

Looking forward to both of those!!

Rafael Leite
Driver: Rafael Leite - Brazil

Preferred Class: Would love to be on P1, but I believe I'll do better with Ford GT for this time.

Credentials:
Been simracing since 2009. Participating on every Endurance championship in rFactor that I had the opportunity to meet the calendar. Still getting my ranking growing on IRacing to be able to meet any further rating requirement.

Tortoise or Hare? Definitely a Tortoise.

Seeking: First: Fun, enjoyable time racing. Second: A compromissed team who can help me (and of course learn something from me) to be a better race drive every race and a winner in the near future.

Waiting: Any position about the days and time of the races to meet the opoortunity to race due the time diference between Brazil and Europe.

If we get support for 4 classes, could there be a chance that we see the little Mclaren in aswell? :)

For SPA with 60 entrants that´s 15 teams per class still, man i can´t wait for this to get going! Should be the ultimate race experience :)
If i can´t find a team to join i´ll just go solo lol, 5 hours then into the pits for a power nap and out again :)

Oh that would be hot to see a BFR car on the grid. But before you get to excited (like I was) lets first wait if iRacing is ever going to implement those promised endurance features.

So far they push it back with every release with some sneaky little announcement. Really disappointing as this league should have been active in full glory in a few weeks

So, why don't we run a 6 race 'sprint' league where races are 60-90 minutes long? We can all get used to each other on track and such. This would give us an indication of participation and interest. You know, kind of a preseason. Who knows how long it will be before iracing implements the endurance features. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not getting any younger. :)

Personally I am not interested in such a format. The charm of racing a LMS style league is driving with your teammates. Being online all day racing, supporting, building up a strategy and doing this all together.

We have tried for a couple of weeks to setup some club events of 60 minutes on the RDiLMS tracks and unfortunately not many people were interested.

@Glenn you aren't old :D

RDiLMS S1 - Which car combination do you prefer?

View attachment 31255

Would like to hear you opinion about the car classes we can pick in the upcoming RDiLMS season. With the information we have now there are a few options to consider. As far as I know iRacing 2.0 will support a mixed field of 3 classes, which limits our options a little bit.

I would like to propose an initial vote to get some feedback on the direction we will take this endurance league. Nothing final though.

Please choose from the following options and add your comments below please

1. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Riley Prototype, Class C: Corvette
  2. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Corvette, Class C: Ford GT
  3. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Corvette, Class C: Mustang
  4. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Radical SR8, Class: Corvette or Mustang or Ford GT
  5. Something else
Is this still valid?

If so I vote for #1, cause there is the Riley wich is my choice of car if I will participate in this league.

And if iRacing supports 4 classes can you please chime in the little fella aswell? (Mclaren)

Can i haz one?
picdump-19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 181 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 117 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 125 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 53 19.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 73 26.8%
Back