F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Jas Verstoppen

DNA Racing
Hi fellow Racing-Fanatics!

First of all, how happy are we all together that Codemasters finally pulled it off and deliver us a well balanced, fully functioning Multiplayer part of the game and a much more 'simmy' feel of the Handling-Model then all of the previous titles in the F1-franchise?! Ok, that's of my chest! ;)

We just got the dedicated forum up for our coming League of F1 2016 on the PC-version of the game, we are proud as Ramteam Racing for the fact we are able to host this League for all of you out there who might be interested.

A big Announcement, of all the Info and Dates you need to know, will be made coming Tuesday, 30th of August. Also the Registration-Thread goes up then.

Be sure to keep this page updated because this League on this amazing game will be epic! :)

As a final note, we would like to give a special thanks to the RaceDepartment Team to give us the possibility for hosting a League here, thumbs up!

Cheers,

The Ramteam Staff

Last edited:
RED_BULL_RING.jpg

Round 08: Austrian GP

Date 21st of May 2017

Time
20:15 C.E.T.

I dont know who it was, but thanks anyway for ****ing up my race at turn 2. And with thunder was just bad luck.
I quit the league for now. Maybe I'll come back later if i'm allowed to and if there is a spot. But for now it's not fun to spend a lot of time in the game, when everytime after just 1 lap your race is ruined

I'm stepping out of the league for the moment. Every 15-30 seconds I get lag spike or frame drops, whatever the hell it is.. its getting worse and it ruined every qualifying lap today, and in the race its a constant annoyance and got me to spin. And I am just done.

Sorry.

I dont know who it was, but thanks anyway for ****ing up my race at turn 2. And with thunder was just bad luck.
I quit the league for now. Maybe I'll come back later if i'm allowed to and if there is a spot. But for now it's not fun to spend a lot of time in the game, when everytime after just 1 lap your race is ruined

Hey Robin, sorry for the crash in turn 2, it was me who hit you.. :( it seemed for me that i had lots of space going into turn 2, but the change of direction shaballa made during the corner, i suddenly didn't have enough breaking space as i had in the beginning of breaking zone. i lost some traction for being behind another car when he swipped in my racing line and as an addition to that, there was a cars length less room for me than i anticipated. I had to swing to one of the sides to avoid contact with shaballa, and that made me crash into you. Looking back, i could have taken the outside instead of the inside of shaballa to avoid the crash. Im sorry for that one Robin.

Drinking Ewok

Hi all,

When I first started racing in F1 2016 I used to have uses with graphics stuttering, lap stuttering, game crashes as well as computer freezes. It's pretty manageable now but I keep hearing of stuttering issues which I didn't know other people had so here's what I'd suggest doing before each race!

1) DO NOT RUN IN 144HZ. This was the cause of a number of game crashes for me. I currently use a 144Hz monitor but set the game to run at 100Hz as it's a known issue that this causes problems... my knowledge might be out of date regarding this, I don't know if it's still an issue or whether it was patched. I still don't do it though...

2) Huge change - Disable any secondary graphics card. On-board graphics, check if you have it and disable it before a race. This is a massive stuttering issue; without doing it I get game pauses/stutters 4-5 times a lap. Disabling it, I'll probably get one serious spike (3-5 seconds) once every 2 races.
  • Hit windows key
  • type Device Manager (and enter)
  • expand 'Display adapters'
  • Right click and disable device for your secondary card.
3) Unplug 2nd/3rd monitors. No idea why this game is any different to others but extra monitors == extra stuttering for some reason here.

4) Turn off un-required processes. Ctrl+Shift+Escape. Go to the processes tab. Do not leave Edge/Chrome/Firefox running whilst racing. I also actively go through and turn off Cortana, f.lux, Hyper-V, Oculus, Office, Skype, SVN. Your programs will vary but if you know what a program does and don't want it on, end task before racing. Flux and Oculus caused quite large crashing issues for me...

5) Turn off un-required services. Ctrl+Shift+Escape. Go to the services tab. There's a lot of stuff in here which shouldn't be touched so do not turn anything off if you don't know exactly what it does but you may find things such as adobe updates, XBox Live stuff and other updating software sitting here which you can pretty much permanently disable.

If anyone wants me to look over a list of their services, let me know (don't post the list publicly). It won't just help with F1 but for some reason, this game is a lot more sensitive than others to all this stuff.

Hope this helps...
Mark.

Quali: P3
I made a late decision just before the start of the race to try a one stop race, despite tests showing I was ripping through my rear tyres. Was too tentative around the first few corners on super softs but I hadn't done any test laps on them; only having one set, I didn't want to corner cut and miss what was potentially my only opportunity. I planned to do two flying laps but I made a couple of minor mistakes on my second and wasn't going to improve so boxed instead.

Race: P1
My God what a boring race. I hung on to Fuyjin early in the race with Avallac remaining directly behind me. Fuyjin pitted from ultra softs at some point, I pitted for softs on lap 12 after qualifying on supers. I suspected Avallac was trying the same as me but he came out on super softs again so I knew even if he closed up on me, he'd have to pit again.

After that point with Avallac/Fuyjin pitting again, I was struggling to concentrate. With around 6 laps to go and maintaining a 7.5 second gap to Fuyjin behind, I let a few cars past as I didn't want to interfere with their battles. As they started to battle ahead, I set my fuel mix to lean so they didn't think they'd have to let me back through and followed with a gap behind them. It was a bit tense toward the end as Fuyjin eliminated the gap between us but if it had of happened a lap or two earlier, I'm confident I could have gone to rich mix and held him off as I had a lot of fuel and a decent amount of pace to spare.

Overall an extremely boring race from my perspective. I managed to adjust my driving to save the rears so all four tyres degraded by the same amount but I really don't want to have to drive like that again. Here's hoping the next few races we can push on the tyres a bit more.

Incidents:
I was thoroughly disappointed to see Robin taken out as I suspect he was doing the same one stop race as me and would have been a podium contender at the very least. I understand your frustration buddy, I've been quietly concerned by your obvious pace but lack of results for a while now; both hits in this race were uncalled for. I don't really know what else to say about it.

Pretender, I know you've had issues with rain in the past but I didn't realise you were having stuttering issues, otherwise I would have said something earlier. I've made a separate forum thread regarding stuttering as a direct result and I hope it helps.

Disregarding these last two races where I've felt I've actually been on the leaders pace, all of the previous races have seen me benefit basically only from others mistakes, especially on the opening few laps. I'm pretty sure my total overtake count is in the single digits as every battle which has been shaping up has ultimately been won before the fight begins due to frustrating mistakes. It has been quite infuriating, even taking into account that **** does indeed just happen sometimes.

1) If you're overtaking on the inside of someone, leave 50% of the tracks width for them around the corner, until you get to the exit. If it's a chicane, this should immediately apply for corner exit as soon as you've finished braking.
2) If you're overtaking someone and you haven't got at the VERY least your wing alongside before braking, do not try and overtake them/out brake them. Either you'll collide or they'll have to take such evasive action that it wasn't a fair overtake anyways.
3) If you make a mistake, please don't try and rectify it by hammering on the throttle to rectify. Lost time is lost time... just learn and move on.
4) Take it easy on the opening laps ffs. Seriously...

I'm making these points specifically after this race because they can't be pointed toward anyone as I wasn't involved. All I want is fun, respectful fighting and I've seen enough videos to know that isn't always happening at the moment. Please do feel free to tell me if I'm wrong but I think everyone has been the victim of frustrating moves this season... I think in fact I've been the least effected person of all... it's still stopped fights during races though. :(

Last edited:
Thanks for your apology! I accept it. But if you look at Rico's POV. You were more than 50m behind me and shabballa and shouldn't even gone for the move/overtake

Hey Robin, sorry for the crash in turn 2, it was me who hit you.. :( it seemed for me that i had lots of space going into turn 2, but the change of direction shaballa made during the corner, i suddenly didn't have enough breaking space as i had in the beginning of breaking zone. i lost some traction for being behind another car when he swipped in my racing line and as an addition to that, there was a cars length less room for me than i anticipated. I had to swing to one of the sides to avoid contact with shaballa, and that made me crash into you. Looking back, i could have taken the outside instead of the inside of shaballa to avoid the crash. Im sorry for that one Robin.

Drinking Ewok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170522-133355.png
    Screenshot_20170522-133355.png
    987 KB · Views: 196
Realise my post may have been a bit over the top... looking back at races it has actually been pretty good at the starts. I think I was just frustrated by the race being mind numbing, Robin not getting to fight and everyone being so spread out after T2 that chances of any battles just evaporated right there.

By the way Rico, why did you pit on lap 1 and not stretch the tyres for a few more laps? :o

Realise my post may have been a bit over the top... looking back at races it has actually been pretty good at the starts. I think I was just frustrated by the race being mind numbing, Robin not getting to fight and everyone being so spread out after T2 that chances of any battles just evaporated right there.

By the way Rico, why did you pit on lap 1 and not stretch the tyres for a few more laps? :o
I wanted to drive in clean air and out of the guys behind me, as i was way infront for my doing, in the second corner.
I am not a fast driver so sometimes i do weird things :laugh:
I also wanted to use the supersoft instead of the soft for the last stint.
But my first set soft, the tyreware was way to high on the front, so i took new softs.
;)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events