F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Jas Verstoppen

DNA Racing
Hi fellow Racing-Fanatics!

First of all, how happy are we all together that Codemasters finally pulled it off and deliver us a well balanced, fully functioning Multiplayer part of the game and a much more 'simmy' feel of the Handling-Model then all of the previous titles in the F1-franchise?! Ok, that's of my chest! ;)

We just got the dedicated forum up for our coming League of F1 2016 on the PC-version of the game, we are proud as Ramteam Racing for the fact we are able to host this League for all of you out there who might be interested.

A big Announcement, of all the Info and Dates you need to know, will be made coming Tuesday, 30th of August. Also the Registration-Thread goes up then.

Be sure to keep this page updated because this League on this amazing game will be epic! :)

As a final note, we would like to give a special thanks to the RaceDepartment Team to give us the possibility for hosting a League here, thumbs up!

Cheers,

The Ramteam Staff

Last edited:
Well, stunning physics codies. I know I made 2 mistakes, but the physics of the crashes dont make any sense to me.
Thats looks flipping wierd. I often feel the game is wierd on traction for me sometimes, I lost the back-end quite heavily coming out the sector 1 chicane when I was behind shabbala. He made a mistake I was heading up the inside and suddenly whoosh.. back end stepped out and I damaged my front wing..

My first Youtube video :p

I was pleased with my quali lap, shame it wasn't a dry race, I was up for it. Kept losing traction out of the corners and watching people slip away from me, nice little tussle with Pretender and then on the restart I got myself out of shape by getting alongside Avallac'h and had terrible traction on the way out...

Unfortunately from my arrows I thought Pretender was still slightly behind me and I was maneuvering on my side of the track, he looked a lot further back on my feed compared to his as well. As soon as we touched it just pulled me towards the left, you can see me trying to steer out.

Sorry for ending your race Pretender but I really didn't want to.

Last edited:
Little bit early. Are we racing may 28th? I think I wanna check out how Alonso will be doing in the indy500. Dont know the starting time of the race. Does anyone know?
Schedule of Events
  • 06:00am - Public Gates Open
  • 06:00am - 12:20pm - IMS Midway Open
  • 07:00am - Snake Pit Gates Open
    View Tickets
  • 08:00am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Begins from IMS Museum
  • 08:00am - Parade of Bands
  • 08:15am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Arrives at Checkpoint 1 - 4th Street
  • 08:30am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Arrives at Checkpoint 2 - Pagoda Plaza
  • 08:30am - 10:00am - Celebrity Red Carpet - Pagoda Plaza
  • 08:45am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Arrives at Checkpoint 3 - IMS Midway
  • 09:00am - 500 Festival Princess Parade Laps
  • 09:35am - Purdue Band Leads Borg-Warner Trophy to Yard of Bricks
  • 10:05am - "On the Banks of the Wabash" performed by Purdue University Band
  • 10:29am - Green Flag delivered by IU Health Helicopter in Turn 1
  • 10:39am - Indianapolis 500 Winning Drivers Laps
  • 10:57am - Historic Race Car Laps
  • 11:35am - Indianapolis 500 Driver Introductions
  • 11:44am - Military March
  • 11:46am - "God Bless America"
  • 11:48am - Military Address
  • 11:54am - Invocation delivered by Archbishop of Indianapolis
  • 11:55am - Presentation of Colors
  • 11:56am - "Taps"
  • 11:56am - "America The Beautiful"
  • 12:00pm - Veteran Salute
  • 12:00pm - National Anthem
  • 12:12pm - "Back Home Again In Indiana" performed by Jim Cornelison
  • 12:14pm - "Drivers Start Your Engines"
  • 12:19pm - 101st Running of the Indy 500 Presented by PennGrade Motor Oil - 200 Laps
  • 05:00pm - Public Gates Close

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/indy500/event-info/schedule

Quali: P1
The first race I was confident of a front row and potential pole regardless of who showed up. The previous races I went into quali knowing I would struggle but I actually felt good around here (quali lap final chicane car rotation was sexy as hell! :D) so was happy to get my first pole of the season. Loved the set-up in the dry, a little less so in the wet...

Race: P2
Wet start, managed to build and maintain a 3.5ish second distance to Turtle in behind, slowly burning off fuel. The safety car deployed on lap 8 just as I was about to brake for the final chicane so I'm glad it happened when it did and my snap decision was correct. The restart was just annoying on lap 11. I was half a straight away from the safety car and it kept cutting my throttle so I had no control over the restart... frustrating but I once again built my gap and stayed there.

I think around lap 20 I started to think actually, not pitting again might have been an option but by that time I had already eaten through my tyres too much. I did the Math for a couple of laps and pitted on lap 22 with my rears at 42% with 11 laps gone and 13 to go. In hindsight, I shouldn't have driven so aggressively but thought I'd be okay in re-catching and overtaking, especially with a shorter pit lane here.

Shabballa pitted a lap later leaving me to catch up Avallac in P2 which I did some way through lap 28. Tried and tried but had no luck. I was running 6-5 wings so figured I'd be okay on the straight to overtake but I gained nothing, perhaps down to yet another slipstream bug? I think it's happened on every single race now as soon as someone leaves... thanks codemasters.

There were a few times when I thought I could get past as I knew I'd immediately be on Turtle who was struggling more than both of us. I struggled for those 8 laps but only got P2 when Avallac had more penalties than me. If I didn't perhaps I'd query a couple of the corner cuts but it wouldn't change the result so no need now. ;)

I do wonder if it's due to our connection distance as some of the on-board footage, people look closer/more alongside than they are on other screens.

Of all the races so far, this is the first I knew a podium was there and potential win so frustrated at myself for not thinking about the tyres earlier. I actually wanted a dry race for once... Oh and first fastest lap too! Either way, solid points, looks like Turtle is closing on the championship lead now too which is great.

Grats to Turtle who managed it better than all behind and got the win as a result. :)

Thanks. If im right, there is a 6 hour time difference. The race will start around 18.00. Most of the indy500 races are between 3 and 3.5 hour. So I think I wont make the league race. Are there more people who cant make it due the indy500?

Maybe we can change the start time of our race if more people are interested in watching it?

Schedule of Events
  • 06:00am - Public Gates Open
  • 06:00am - 12:20pm - IMS Midway Open
  • 07:00am - Snake Pit Gates Open
    View Tickets
  • 08:00am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Begins from IMS Museum
  • 08:00am - Parade of Bands
  • 08:15am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Arrives at Checkpoint 1 - 4th Street
  • 08:30am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Arrives at Checkpoint 2 - Pagoda Plaza
  • 08:30am - 10:00am - Celebrity Red Carpet - Pagoda Plaza
  • 08:45am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Arrives at Checkpoint 3 - IMS Midway
  • 09:00am - 500 Festival Princess Parade Laps
  • 09:35am - Purdue Band Leads Borg-Warner Trophy to Yard of Bricks
  • 10:05am - "On the Banks of the Wabash" performed by Purdue University Band
  • 10:29am - Green Flag delivered by IU Health Helicopter in Turn 1
  • 10:39am - Indianapolis 500 Winning Drivers Laps
  • 10:57am - Historic Race Car Laps
  • 11:35am - Indianapolis 500 Driver Introductions
  • 11:44am - Military March
  • 11:46am - "God Bless America"
  • 11:48am - Military Address
  • 11:54am - Invocation delivered by Archbishop of Indianapolis
  • 11:55am - Presentation of Colors
  • 11:56am - "Taps"
  • 11:56am - "America The Beautiful"
  • 12:00pm - Veteran Salute
  • 12:00pm - National Anthem
  • 12:12pm - "Back Home Again In Indiana" performed by Jim Cornelison
  • 12:14pm - "Drivers Start Your Engines"
  • 12:19pm - 101st Running of the Indy 500 Presented by PennGrade Motor Oil - 200 Laps
  • 05:00pm - Public Gates Close

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/indy500/event-info/schedule

Maybe start a poll to see if people want to skip, postpone or race anyway? I've just looked and we have 14 Sundays, 14 races left until the next game comes out so I'd vote to skip... if it wasn't for it being Baku and the number of weeks remaining, I'd probably want to race anyway but Alonso at Indy 500 would be pretty great to see. :)

I would quite happily skip Baku, it's a bit of a silly track in my opinion (almost all 90°s) but Austria is a nice track to race on. We can't do it earlier next week as there is the Monaco GP as well remember :p

Could I suggest we do Austria this weekend and skip Baku (and therefore next week's race) in favour of Monaco and Indy?

Well done Baku!

Last edited:
I agree. Baku is **** anyway. Probably gonna crash out after a few corners haha.

I would quite happily skip Baku, it's a bit of a silly track in my opinion (almost all 90°s) but Austria is a nice track to race on. We can't do it earlier next week as there is the Monaco GP as well remember :p
I agree! Vaku
Could I suggest we do Austria this weekend and skip Baku (and therefore next week's race) in favour of Monaco and Indy?

Well done Baku!

Well done Baku!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 247 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 195 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 136 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • At a friends house