Pci wifi adaptor

Has anyone got any recommendations please pc came with a USB wifi stick but it's not great so ordered a pci card off amazon and it seems no better really, can't use cable unfortunately due to where the pc is :(

Does it have to be a USB PCI or Pcie adapter?

If you are having poor luck with both USB and PCI wireless adapters, I'm wondering if the PC is in a place where it would be difficult to get a good signal no matter what wireless receiver you used? If so, you could consider power line adapters if you have spare power sockets close to both the router and PC.

I'm using a Netgear USB dongle with good results but that doesn't guarantee anything for you :)

Hi, I think it might be more to do with the Internet connection as the speed dropped on both my phone and pc at the time :( only get 30mb at the best of times.
Its in the room next to the router so about 4m away and shows full signal on the pc.
I just thought pcie would be the best option for the best connection.

Hi, I think it might be more to do with the Internet connection as the speed dropped on both my phone and pc at the time :( only get 30mb at the best of times.
Its in the room next to the router so about 4m away and shows full signal on the pc.
I just thought pcie would be the best option for the best connection.

I see, so it looks like you are going to be limited by what's coming into the house unfortunately.

Out of interest, is the PCI adapter able to match the equivalent speed standard of your router, as in 802.11ac 5GHz etc?

The description online said its IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac it supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz got a bad feeling its just the sky connection playing up at the moment now :(

The description online said its IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac it supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz got a bad feeling its just the sky connection playing up at the moment now :(

Sounds like you've got all the right gear so probably no need to spend more money on different adapters. Hopefully the slowdown is a temporary thing, what with everybody under lockdown and hammering the internet :)

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • McLaren

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Intel

Votes: 5 12.2%