Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

My three babies !! :)

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1588286760.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1588286760.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 282
All these skins look fantastic! Great work!

Would anybody be able to have a go at the 1997 Bathurst 1000 Diet Coke liveries? I was going to try myself but it's going to take me ages and a lot of research to figure out how to do these skins... and i'm impatient :D:rolleyes::roflmao:

• Deleted member 223075

@Canqui Create a 256x128 blank file, write a white name (or whatever you want) then save BC3, DXT5 (.dds)

Also good progress on my skin
zgvj.jpg

Question to the physics guy: why the rear suspension of E36 implemented as double wishbone, and doesn't represent real structure of E36 rear suspension? It is not that it cannot be done. It can make a notable difference in car handling/behavior.
That also makes me wonder if the rest was done right...

Semi-trailing arm + 2 links (per side) was considered as very good suspension in terms of handling and its simplicity.
It started its life in BMW Z1 (1989), used in E36,E46,E85/86, and lasted till Z4 E89 (2009-2016).
In motorsport - E36 STW/GTR/DTM, E46 DTC/ETCC/WTCC, E46 M3 GTR, E86 Z4 GTR, E89 Z4 GT3.

About a decade ago as a personal research, I have redone SimBins Race07 E46 WTCC physics and remade the suspension according to real E46 dimensions and geometry (with corrections to retain roll center dive/squat characteristics) and it made a huge difference in handling comparing to SimBins "double wishbone e46" suspension model. It does make a difference.

Last edited:
Question to the physics guy: why the rear suspension of E36 implemented as double wishbone, and doesn't represent real structure of E36 rear suspension? It is not that it cannot be done. It can make a notable difference in car handling/behavior.
That also makes me wonder if the rest was done right...

Semi-trailing arm + 2 links (per side) was considered as very good suspension in terms of handling and its simplicity.
It started its life in BMW Z1 (1989), used in E36,E46,E85/86, and lasted till Z4 E89 (2009-2016).
In motorsport - E36 STW/GTR/DTM, E46 DTC/ETCC/WTCC, E46 M3 GTR, E86 Z4 GTR, E89 Z4 GT3.

About a decade ago as a personal research, I have redone SimBins Race07 E46 WTCC physics and remade the suspension according to real E46 dimensions and geometry (with corrections to retain roll center dive/squat characteristics) and it made a huge difference in handling comparing to SimBins "double wishbone e46" suspension model. It does make a difference.
I will post what your physics guy had to say

"this is the compromise to make it work in vanilla AC 'cause it makes wrong calculations of anti features and you would have raising of the rear under acceleration with that... "

Have you tried to improve suspension design in AC for our car? or you just looked at the suspension app and though, Yep it's wrong, no need to look furhter?

in AC you have to make a lot of compromises, where you design something that is not what the real suspension was, but it might have very similar ( almost identical) behaviour , .. maybe that's the case here?

BMW is also early release, so we are absolutely fine with making a bigger changes to it, but it needs to be based on numbers

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 184 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 152 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 101 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 44 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 11 2.0%