Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

FWIW the SC2 wheel side adapter comes with a 70mm plate. So Sparco, Momo, NRG rims bolt right up and don't require anything extra.

I just bolted up a 330mm Momo Rally wheel. It works beautifully.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I guess I'm lucky I've never experienced that sudden 360 degree pop since I've been running 1.10 since day one. Then again I already have my computer powered up before I connect the USB hub but I've not experienced the issue with emergency switch. Of course after a crash I'm more likely to hit my large Pit/recover mushroom button than the emergency switch

Upvote 0
I've purposely stayed away from 1.10 and kept with 1.07 until I hear that the bug is squashed. To be fair, I don't think I would be effected anyway as I never make adjustments on the fly while a game is running and I also don't have iracing, which for some reason seems to be the game that this happens the most frequently in. Not sure if there is some sort of connection that could be made between the two things?

I'd think it would be pretty scary to have the wheel do a 360 at full force when you aren't prepared for it :confused:

Upvote 0
Understood and yet I've had no issues in the just over a month I've been using it. I'm LOVING that bare MOMO 330mm Rally wheel. It just feels great for Rally and the PSE GT3 wheel is amazing. The wheels have by far been the biggest upgrade for me, however I got some settings recently for iRacing that have me pretty happy with the FFB there. I actually can say that I'm controlling and recovering from slides crazy good. In fact I'm not even worrying about them anymore. Then again my driving is improving too so I'm not unsettling the chassis nearly as much. I've got Dirt Rally 2.0 actually feeling better than the CS 2.5 which surprised the cr@p out of me! I'm not trying ACC or anything else that I've been told has much better FFB support than I'm used to. I don't want to miss it since I'm living in iRacing.

I will install 1.12 as soon as it's available for safety reasons.

As he said the cost is a mixed bag. If you wanted 3rd party wheels to begin with the SC 2 makes a lot more sense so you don't need to spend an extra $200 per wheel, but if you want to continue using your Fanatec wheels the SC 2 costs more money to convert them and the Fanatec saves you a bunch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

After reading GD forum I got an impression that there are more people with issues on Ultimate versus Pro and Sport altogether. Should be the opposite for flagship model.
Also QR was revised and all early adopters can get free new version, why spend 10 minutes talking about it?
And 360 degree happens only when you click Save button as they save to EPROM (flash on controller), not when just adjusting params.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
After reading GD forum I got an impression that there are more people with issues on Ultimate versus Pro and Sport altogether. Should be the opposite for flagship model.
Also QR was revised and all early adopters can get free new version, why spend 10 minutes talking about it?
And 360 degree happens only when you click Save button as they save to EPROM (flash on controller), not when just adjusting params.

I do agree with some of his points. Recieving an early batch model when you were under the impression that you were getting the revised one would annoy me but then I'd just send it back for a refund rather than complaining.

As you know from some of his posts over at GD, there's definitely a passive aggressive tone, self entitlement and a need for everything to be tailored exactly to his specific needs. That's the feeling I got anyway...

Thanks for the clarification on the save button causing the wheel to sometimes spin. I wasn't aware of that.

Upvote 0
I remember when I was building my osw in 2014 and I had a parameter wrong. I touched the rim and it took off at full speed and scared the crap out of me. I was pretty shy of it for a while, until I was fully sure I had resolved what did that.

I have a large mige simucube that will go to the kids and plan to get a sc2 pro. Cant order it for a week though. No doubt everyone wont have any stock by then! Hope they get the teething problems solved.

Upvote 0
Not a happy journey :(

https://youtu.be/OTBtOTBtMrGBZzI

Definitely not a happy journey.
It does appear that the Ultimate is having teething pains in a way that the Sport and Pro do not seem to be having.

My other take away is that just like a few guys who had issues with their DD2's and immediately proclaimed them to be junk, that some people have very strong knee jerk reactions to equipment failure.

On a happy note, I just realized today that I haven't spun a car in iRacing in over 3 weeks :) Maybe my driving skill is improving, but I have to admit that the way the forces build up in a turn can be helpful. On an unhappy note, my right wrist is still not quite 100% after I hit a wall and didn't pull my hands away a little while back.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Not a happy journey :(

https://youtu.be/OTBtOTBtMrGBZzI
Same "royal we" guy still pushing for exchange for antenna unit, feature that wasn't advertised or guaranteed in batch 2 as he expected, Mika was very clear about that on Granite board?
Didn't watch the whole video, are there some other issues?
Hope Podium and Fanatec support will make him happy.

Upvote 0
Same "royal we" guy still pushing for exchange for antenna unit, feature that wasn't advertised or guaranteed in batch 2 as he expected, Mika was very clear about that on Granite board?
Didn't watch the whole video, are there some other issues?
Hope Podium and Fanatec support will make him happy.

Whilst I don't agree with his approach to tackling the issues he faced, some of which were pure self entitlement (I want the beep noise changed to suit me) for example, I can agree with him being annoyed over things like the PSU screws being loose with stuff rattling around inside it and no locking pin supplied in the package.

Being supplied with a rev 1 unit is a difficult one. It wouldn't bother me personally but I would feel different if I was told I was getting a rev 2 and then an older model arrived.

Ultimately, I think it's best for all parties that it's been returned as I think he hunts for problems to find no matter who the device is made by. It was the same with the Podium.

Upvote 0
Its kind of funny to see someone go out and spend a lot of money on these two (high-end options) yet to be dissatisfied with both (for different reasons).

Which wheel to buy now 12 pages in is not really a clear cut decision is it?
While in no rush I am still personally on the fence as what might be the best path or product choice.

Things like some wheelflex were expected but not even issues with older wheels many of us started on but as one example of a problem. Is it made out to be bigger than it really is? It seems product expectations by some consumers with such items high prices are much greater too with any flaws they may have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just ordered in the last hour a SC2 Pro... I dont know how much better if anything it really will be over my SC1 with large mige/biss-c but the kids are getting the old one and for some reason when I get these toys I never muck around with them much, I just use them.

There never was much profile sharing with the SC1 and the lazy guy in me is hoping that it will b different for SC2.

Upvote 0
I just ordered in the last hour a SC2 Pro... I dont know how much better if anything it really will be over my SC1 with large mige/biss-c but the kids are getting the old one and for some reason when I get these toys I never muck around with them much, I just use them.

There never was much profile sharing with the SC1 and the lazy guy in me is hoping that it will b different for SC2.

There are LOTS of people sharing profiles for the SC2.

The SC2 also comes with presets for many of the sims out there. The one for Dirt Rally 2.0 is a decent starting point.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house