PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't like too much force on the wheel... so I figured gain at 70 is better, plus it avoids clipping.

BTW is this supposed to simulate a loose wheel during understeer? Is that the tire scrub in the ini?
I could never get it in this game, but assetto corsa does it wonderfully.

FX will control the scrubbing

It's alright on logitech g27 (settings 70 50 50 40), but a bit weird in where even braking far from lockup, when the weight shifts to the front wheels, I expect the steering to get tighter, but it gets looser?

How do the in game settings map to the effects. or should I edit the file preset?

your settings seem quite crowded ( noise wise), and lower gain is probably only weakening the source fidelity going to your wheel , rather than turning volume down is probably the least best option.

if you are clipping , it may be best to turn down strength in Logitech CP instead.
your wheel may be a little weaker, but I think having engine effects (tone) so high , might be causing a loss of tyre sense. As there’s always going to be a constant force from engine.

The feel of wheel getting lighter with grip loss isn’t a big variation, it’s a subtle change. If you have other noise you won’t hear it well.

This seems to work for my T300RS with the new File

50 start with this and adjust for each car
10 sometimes 15 depending on car

Overall a great improvement on the last T300RS file.

Thanks goonchy

This seems to work for my T300RS with the new File

50 start with this and adjust for each car
10 sometimes 15 depending on car

Overall a great improvement on the last T300RS file.

Thanks goonchy

thats pretty much in line with what I run, just I go for less heavy volume. but that’s a good indication that feels the same for another T300 User

My T300RS is set to 100-50-50-50. I agree with goonchy, I think that this wheel need some sort of strong filter to cut the edge, otherwise it become similar to my old G29 :).

Probably the previous version was more smooth because the details were less "strong", and maybe reducing Gain and Fx should reduce the "roughness".

Nowday, I think 09.25.2020 is almost perfect for T300RS, but I'm looking for the next release.

My T300RS is set to 100-50-50-50. I agree with goonchy, I think that this wheel need some sort of strong filter to cut the edge, otherwise it become similar to my old G29 :).

Probably the previous version was more smooth because the details were less "strong", and maybe reducing Gain and Fx should reduce the "roughness".

Nowday, I think 09.25.2020 is almost perfect for T300RS, but I'm looking for the next release.

Your assessment of the detail provided by the SETA model is spot-on, but you should also consider lowering the tone and FX first before you avoid this version completely. Like any mechanical system, the wheelbase can only do so much. Even DD wheels have a limit. In this case, it seems like with those settings (100-50-50-50) it might not feel great to the user. Sounds like the T300RS should be 100-50-10-20. Engine (tone slider) and the added road, curb, and scrubbing FX (added by the FX slider) should be lower. The FX should be less than the previous version as the previous version didn't get as much physics base fx.

Future versions and feedback: I really want to avoid too much filtering. As you can imagine the FFB needs to sample several data points before it can smoothen anything and then provide the FFB back to the wheel. I'd guess at least 3 data points or more (probably a lot more) running faster than what we see on our normal FPS, but I can tell you that at a certain point a lag is apparent on what I can feel through the wheel. That doesn't mean that a reasonable filter cannot be applied successfully. I just want to avoid it as much as possible.

Feedback from users: What I am leaning towards for a future version is very minimal added FX. The more I use the SETA system directly the more I love it. I have done lots of testing on amplifying the forces to exaggerate things and even under-gain with high volume. I've over-gained the amplification and kept the volume low. All these achieve different results. Going either direction provides interesting results, but what I am realizing is that the basic SETA physics provides 98% of the feedback I like. That means what I am feeling is accurate to the game engine...

...Here's the question for everyone, ignore the engine feel altogether. That's just extra immersion. Turn the engine and FX down to zero. Drive - drive - and drive. Let's make this a community-driven FFB. After the tires warm up and you drove laps after laps, races after races with different cars, and different tracks -- What added feel is missing? I can tell you that I am surprised how good the natural feel really is w/o added FX. The only thing that I see that might be missing in the feel are the added curbs.

Pops

Those settings (to me anyway) is the same as having your Car stereo equaliser preset on Flat , rather than on your preferred style like Pop, rock or classical etc

So for anyone who's tested this with a Thrustmaster TMX or T150, which file is better with this ffb? The Logitech one or the T300 one?

The basic FFB difference between those two files only differs from the predefined deadzone setting. From what I read about the TMX or T150 is that they have a larger deadzone than the Logitech. The Logitech file has a larger deadzone assigned vs the T300 file. You can try them both to see which feels better as a default. Try them both starting with gain 100, volume 30, tone 0, and FX 0. See how the basic FFB feels before you and add any immersion engine fx (tone slider), or curb-road fx (FX slider). You don't want to overwhelm any wheels mechanics before feeling what they can actually give back on the driving feel, especially lower-end wheels.

I cannot find much information on deadzone for either of those wheels and don't remember any feedback on my previous FFB history.

Please post back how the FFB feels.

Thanks,
PopsRacer

Thanks,

I tried many different settings and it was alright but there was one effect that was a bit artificial:
- when steering the wheel pushes back in the opposite direction sometimes on corner exit - when the suspension rotates back to a flat position, and it feels like a snap oversteer in a car that doesn't have power steering- a bit too hard.

I went back to silver project, which feels better and also has the understeer effect and feels more like AC1. Maybe the logitech wheels are just not well suited for this seta ffb?

Last edited:
Thanks,

I tried many different settings and it was alright but there was one effect that was a bit artificial:
- when steering the wheel pushes back in the opposite direction sometimes on corner exit - when the suspension rotates back to a flat position, and it feels like a snap oversteer in a car that doesn't have power steering- a bit too hard.

I went back to silver project, which feels better and also has the understeer effect and feels more like AC1. Maybe the logitech wheels are just not well suited for this seta ffb?

That’s is a characteristic of the added exaggerated fx.
I also didn’t really like those same feelings of push and pull.
I think you will find future updates better in that respect.

Thanks,

What are the settings you are using? I’m just trying to figure out if it is coming from added FX or the physics. If your tone is 0 (engine) and your FX is 0 that is directly from the SETA tire and suspension physics. Just trying to see if the next version will help you.

No doubt, Silver Project is awesome! Everyone has their own expectations on FFB. Just stay tuned.... :)

Please relay your settings... thanks for the feedback!

What are the settings you are using? I’m just trying to figure out if it is coming from added FX or the physics. If your tone is 0 (engine) and your FX is 0 that is directly from the SETA tire and suspension physics. Just trying to see if the next version will help you.

No doubt, Silver Project is awesome! Everyone has their own expectations on FFB. Just stay tuned.... :)

Please relay your settings... thanks for the feedback!
I've used 80 50 and the rest variated to find the right feel.
Happens with FXoff or on.
Ive tried with and without fx. It feels like suspension feedback, the body roll changing the camber which comes into the wheel is my guess. I've only felt that in older cars that had soft suspension in real life.

I tried several tone/fx setting with the last version. However, if I reduce them around 25-30, the ffb miss some road fx (e.g. I clearly see the cockpit bump, but no feeling at all in the wheel). At 50, every bump is coherent, but it is rough (in my opinion). I still use the 09.25.2020.

I tried your previous versions before with my TS-PC racer and with vintage cars mainly. Have not been active lately as my motion platform broke (now fixed again). But I downloaded your last version and very happy with it! Better road feel, useful loss of traction during slips, good weight feel and counter steering. Thanks for your work!

I tried your previous versions before with my TS-PC racer and with vintage cars mainly. Have not been active lately as my motion platform broke (now fixed again). But I downloaded your last version and very happy with it! Better road feel, useful loss of traction during slips, good weight feel and counter steering. Thanks for your work!

I'm really glad to hear that! Are using the Mid to DD file version on your wheelbase or are you still using the T300RS version?

Last edited:
I'm on a TS-PC wheel base and regarding the soft lock issue, it has been working in PCARS2 with the default SMS FFBs and Christian's pure FFB. For the soft lock to work, you just have to calibrate the wheel in the controller settings. So it's not a TM control panel thing. I just set it to 1080 DOR in the device driver control panel and let the game decide how much rotation each car should have.

I'm on a TS-PC wheel base and regarding the soft lock issue, it has been working in PCARS2 with the default SMS FFBs and Christian's pure FFB. For the soft lock to work, you just have to calibrate the wheel in the controller settings. So it's not a TM control panel thing. I just set it to 1080 DOR in the device driver control panel and let the game decide how much rotation each car should have.
I’m having difficulty understanding what you you mean ? Are you referring to an artificial spring feeling in last few degrees of rotation ?

I’m having difficulty understanding what you you mean ? Are you referring to an artificial spring feeling in last few degrees of rotation ?

Yes. It's like you hit the end of the steering wheel range on a real car except if you really force it through (depends on how strong your wheel base is), you can still turn more since that "stop" feeling is provided by the FFB not a physical stop.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.2%
Back