Post Pictures thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
everytime I adapt or convert a car, everyone's first guess is always GTA, and the fact of the matter is, the only car I've converted from GTA was that Tradesman. Not that I'm going to say how I even got the Cossie. lol

I only said GTA because it is (at least what I think it is) the main source for conversions. It's ok, I'll try other methods! :)

Thanks!

wow those shots are kind of boring lol, heres some excitement....
screenshot011-2.png

screenshot014-1.png

I don't like drivers inside the cars. I like to have the inside camera a bit far, and having there the driver just messes up my plans! :p lol.

And thanks Dream Factory, for the airone site! It has lots of good stuff there! :D

• Tiberius

Anyone remember the X-Type? Here's how it looks now:

I'm currently in the final stages of trying to get it rebuilt. Lots more detail, fixed the dimensions, new textures, shaders..I've rebuilt most of it I think. There's a few shots starting to appear on the Photobucket album, a bit of a sneak preview of what's to come I guess. For a car I actually dislike, I've spent a lot of time on this one :eh:

I can't get over how unbelievably bad the old version looks to me now in comparison, look at the old shots on the Photobucket, it looks so bad now :)

And...another one I started a long time ago and just picked up again, this one is seriously the most difficult shape I've tried to model and I've barely started yet, as you can see there's quite a lot of car missing..

The question is, what is it?:

If thumbnails don't work, delete '_th' part of URL..

• Tiberius

D/E-types are sexy, I don't know enough to tell them apart though.

Can't be E-Type.. the front is different.. XJ13 perhaps..
Yep, it's a long nose D-type, based on some blueprints from the '55/'56 season. It'll look a lot better once the rear wing/stabilizer is modelled though. Problem is that most of the car is asymmetrical so I can't really start to put those parts on until I've got the overall shape right, it's a bit like performing drunken plastic surgery at the moment. I like doing modern luxury cars for the artistic side but those types of cars are just no fun in a sim IMHO, an 800kg car with cross ply tyres and live rear axle which can sprint to 60 in just over 4 seconds and reach 170mph on the straights of Le Mans, has much more 'feel' to it in a racing sim than a relatively numb 1500kg saloon like the X. Really, it's about having something with a high power/weight ratio which is agile and makes an insane amount of noise :)

If I do eventually get this one finished and do another, next time it'll definitely be a lightweight E Coupe or the XJ13, or a vintage Ferrari. We'll see..

Also, Pirelli P6000s are tragically sh*t. Can you give it Dunlop SP Sport II and a bit more grip in the pacejka?
What do you mean? P6000s in general or the pacejka on the original X-Type? Pacejka is fudged anyways, I try not to get into it any more than altering slip ratios...the amount of published tyre data out there is virtually nil unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%