Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

Hm, my dxdiag says 9.18.13.2018 and I do get the red tinting. But that's the directX version. If you have the NVidia control panel installed, you can get system information from that - I'm using driver version 320.18.

I didn't get any red tint with the GTX 285, but with the identical up to date drivers on the 670 in the same system now, it's there. A while back somebody mentioned it only turned up with the 400 or 500 series cards, I believe.

Then that would be some of it Cosmo, mine is a 550 Ti. My dxdiag says 9.18.13.1407

and to keep this thread on topic heres a picture.

screenshot331.png

Wow very nice Silver Range.

Just that pesky shadow bug is evident though (shadow nearest camera is a bit blurry vs the one further away)

A really obvious bug that needs a fix imo since it makes our shadows in Racer look worse than they are by a long way.

Dave

Those sounds are not too bad.

Racer really needs a HDR sound-scape in my view. You can then do nice things like clip audio initially but then adjust the gain with time so it doesn't clip all the time.

Just the same effect as driving into a dark tunnel in Racer and the auto exposure compensating after a few seconds... the same should be done with audio.

I find it almost impossible to balance wind noise, tyre noises, skid noises, interior thumps (damper sounds) etc all together...
The Gallardo sounds work about the best for me, which is kinda copying the idea from the Tatra, where the interior sounds are artificially low so the wind noise can be dominant at high speeds... but also NOT excessively loud from external cameras.

It just makes sense to do things properly because it's actually easier to make good content. Pretty sure Forza 4 and 5 will do this, and GT5 did it too, so it's nothing new to do this kind of technique for audio.

Just stack the sounds and normalise with a filter. Easy :D ;)

A video that I did a while back just playing around with shaders for a rocket car flame, I just uploaded it for fun.

Oh to have scripts that could control the projected lights (which we could have several of), then I could make the jet flame cast an orange glow that got bigger with the flame. One day hehe, one day. We just need all these hard-set limits removed (no need for limits :D ), and the scripting stuff finishing up :)

Dave

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house