Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Rod Tarrant

Really enjoyed my short 21 laps of sweating round this track with you guys, had a good clean run without contact with other cars...which was fairly difficult for the first few laps!!

Noel and I seemed to be on a similar pace as we did several laps a second or two apart until turn 2, lap 21 when the Armco jumped out and and took my left front suspension off:mad:....with nearly a full lap to get back to the pit for repairs, decided to retire in case I took someone else out geting there.

Not sure if you know Rod, but the pit crew will not replace a missing wheel. When you get back to the pits it will DQ you, so unless you are 100 metres from the finish line on the very last lap it would be courteous to others to hit the esc kee down & hold it for a second or two :)

As I entered pit lane there was a very slow Bob who's rear diffuser had a pretty roungh first meeting with my front splitter. That was the end of my race!
It's a shame it ended both Bob's & my race. However one thing for certain is that Bob had no idea where the pit lane started. I think Bob thinks he was hard done by, but I feel the same way. Bob, you really need to practice pit stops before a race & workout where the pit lane entry line is.

On Interlagos, you get off the throttle, steer around a blind left hander & then immediately get on the brakes hard. I can say with 100% confidence that I would have pulled up just fine for the pit line. This incident will never be avoided if you race with people who put the pit lane speed limiter on 100 metres before pit lane. It really is everyone's responsibility to work these things out for themselves.

I am a fan of practicing pit stops to know where the line begins (there is no line at interlagos) but I was able to find it was about where the little tower is on the left of pit entry and so knew when to activate the limiter.

Sorry Bob, but I believe that Jonathan was coming at the right speed to stop for the line. i.e. he knew where the line was.
He couldn't have have even seen you in time to stop or even avoid hitting you with the cockpit view.

I know that this track has no visual line painted on the track but we've had the practice servers up for almost a month if not more.
We ALL need to make sure we know where the pit lane starts to avoid these kind of incidents.

Hard luck for both of you.

OK Guys,

Here is my review & penalties as earned through your efforts on track:rolleyes:

Suspended 30 second penalties for corner cutting - I have been lenient just this once so we all know where we stand
Cody Kutzner
Chris Hendrich
Joshua Wilson
Mitchell Chapman
Kevin Birchall

A suspended penalty is one that can be cleared in the next race by not cutting.
-If you cut at the next race event then 30 seconds is added to your race finish time.

-If you don't cut it disappears; you get the chance to clear your name

I will be putting out an incident report soon, I would just like to confer with another member first.
Meanwhile, Guys - please make sure you have read the rules that we race under. I've made it easy & done the hard work for you, just click here & read it
http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=rules
Thanks,
Steve

Hi Josh, The rule says that you must have two wheels inside the white lines at all times.
As soon as there are three wheel outside it is counted as a cut.
You missed the second half of last season where started to crack down on cutting & so might have not seen this, but it is there.

"8. Deliberate Corner cutting is not permitted. Drivers are allowed to use the kerbs to the extent that they still have at least two wheels on the track at all times."

The track is indicated by the white lines and we made it clear last season that this is the ruling. The wheel must have contact with the white line. If there is a visible gap then it is a cut.
So, just have a look at the replay & see. You'll surprise yourself.

The idea here is not to single people out, but to create a fair & level playing field that we can compete against each other. The hotspots at Interlagos were T2, T4 (Using the kerb to the extent that 3 wheels are over the line fully) and exiting T7.

• Rod Tarrant

Not sure if you know Rod, but the pit crew will not replace a missing wheel. When you get back to the pits it will DQ you, so unless you are 100 metres from the finish line on the very last lap it would be courteous to others to hit the esc kee down & hold it for a second or two :)

Thanks Steve, I wasn`t aware of this fact.

• Kevin Birchall

Team Canada is confirmed for this race.
we will be fielding all 3 drivers, and will be hoping for a less eventful race this time. it would be a great success if we had all 3 drivers finish the race. Team Canada would liek to thank our key sponsor Spyker, as without theyre suport, we would not be able to race in a location so far away from our home base.

Steve, will we be using Presto GP's rules until the end of season? Or will we use Race Department once we can find them again that is? [The link from all FP sites are broken]

I believe that Nico and Rune are in the process of collating a single rule sheet for the FPES league so that it is all in the one place. What I am alluding to is that the Presto GP rules are about to be updated somewhat.

There are some differences worth noting. Presto GP rules currently allow you push an opponent wide under certain circumstance where as RD rules prohibit that. I prefer the latter so that we all remain friends at the end of the race. Other changes are the single lane change. Move to the inside and you are not permitted to move back again as that would be considered and illegal block.

RD regs Excerpt:
C) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by changing lines once per straight. As soon as the overtaking car has overlap on the straight the defending driver can only use the width of the track between the overtaking car on the one side and the track boundary on the other side to move in, without applying physical force to widen it.
Well done with your stewarding Steve.:cool: I wouldn't have worried about being lenient. It is up to all participants to read the rules, practice the track, plan a strategy, etc and being in a team should make all of that easier. It is a league and though we may be only weekend warriors [I am :redface:], the competition is not.

It's Formula Pro and there is no room for error! Lol :biggrin:

Cheers :smile:

Thank you Eric,
As always no offense is ever intended - in particular my \"once we can find them again\" comment. I can trip over my tongue as easily as a back marker. :)

None taken:) Bram updated the rule book for the upcoming WTCC season and instead of replacing the old post created a new one. I only found that out after Nicolai asked me the same question as u did:)

'''''''''''''Well done with your stewarding Steve.:cool: I wouldn't have worried about being lenient. It is up to all participants to read the rules, practice the track, plan a strategy, etc and being in a team should make all of that easier. It is a league and though we may be only weekend warriors [I am :redface:], the competition is not. '''''''''''''''''

I concur....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back