Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Thanks Mate. Yeah use left button for tear offs and right for look behind :)

Now you can have left button for look left and right button for look right and if you press both at the same time you get look back.

However, I like the bugs on my windshield and managing the tearoffs is part (and fun) of the race for me. I usually have no problem with that, but you definitely need to control that reflex in your thumb ;) (BTW: As a MOMO user I'm privileged with 6 buttons on wheel + 2 options with the gear stick, because I use paddels for shifting of course. :) )

• C. Lee Bennett

Steve,
I just received my race license and admission to the leagues. Is it too late to get involved in Pacific?

Regards,

Curt (cbennettus)

• Kevin Birchall

Does this race also include the 4 hour practice session we had last race? what with the 2 hour wait and all.

I think Steve has adjusted the schedule. The "practice session" is just for you guys to get together, etc. Steve can advance to the official qualy whenever he is ready.

• Kevin Birchall

I think Steve has adjusted the schedule. The \"practice session\" is just for you guys to get together, etc. Steve can advance to the official qualy whenever he is ready.
i got that, i jsut wanted to make sure the times were correct this time
:p

Hi Kevin, I'm not sure if everyone is adapted to your sense of humour yet lol but I got it.
The times are spot-on and correct you can be assured. The actual sessions will be 30 mins later than what we had planned for Interlagos & time zones are all correct. I have fox clocks installed which gives the times I need to know.
Helps a lot - Thanks to Peter Marshall for that one :)

Oh, and thanks to you Kevin for stepping in as temp Admin.

• Jeff Simons

First off congratulations to the podium, Cody, Chris, and Peter. I am not as seasoned as most of you, so please bare with my confusion regarding the last minute decision to the "Forced cockpit" view. In the beggining, and as far as I know up until race day, it was any view you wanted. I also want to make clear that I did ask twice regarding "cockpit view" and was never given a definitive answer, leaving me to assume any view was o.k. Now that being said, those of us not used to driving this way adapted quite well with the last minute restriction. Now lets get on with the race, I like several others experienced chop a few times, no problem, adapt and overcome rite? I for one am alwalys learning something new at these events, some good some bad, all in all I walked away from this event very frustrated but none the less educated. I certainly did not want to make this into a "whiner fest", so appologies, and again cograts. to the podium! Oh and nice performance by the "Flying Bonanza Bros." ;P

Now you can have left button for look left and right button for look right and if you press both at the same time you get look back.

However, I like the bugs on my windshield and managing the tearoffs is part (and fun) of the race for me. I usually have no problem with that, but you definitely need to control that reflex in your thumb ;) (BTW: As a MOMO user I'm privileged with 6 buttons on wheel + 2 options with the gear stick, because I use paddels for shifting of course. :) )

Very Good point. I do actually like the bug splatter. I think i'll keep the helmet as if and then change the tear off button to one of the buttons on the gear shift mount. Therefore i wont have a problem with reflex reactions! :) plus i'll free up a button on the steering wheel too. (will have to figure out what to use it for--> dont think i'll worry about looking left and right though because you can't really see too much out of the cars...but who knows)

I am reviewing the race for corner cutting & incidents & will post in the day or two.

Incident under review are:

Lap 1 Bob Luneski into Brendan Crosby
Lap 2 Brendan Crosby into Daniel Giles
Lap 7 Ivan Mills vs Joshua Wilson
Lap 11 Chris Hendrich into Cody Kutzner
L29 Chris Hendrich into Mitchell Chapman
L49 Chris Hendrich into Peter Marshall
L ?? Bob vs of one of the Wilson's at Pit Lane.

If you have an incident to report then PM it to me, do not post it here. I have cleared my inbox so it should not bounce.
Admin will not go searching for accidents, it is up to you to report them privately to Admin so they can be dealt with.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Curt, we seem to be full but had 18 starters for Race 1, leaving 6 places empty out of the 24. Currently I have you listed as a reserve driver. As a reserve driver you are welcome to attend each race in the case that there is room, however you may be asked to leave to make room for full time racers if the server becomes full. If all goes well then reserve drivers will be commissioned by Team owners before the day so they should have at least an indication of what's going on.

I will be asking Team owners to confirm their driver's attendance before each round so that reserve drivers have a better idea of whether or not there will be space. It will be public so all can see it.

Steve

It was the first race & I had a blast. Unfortunatley I didn't finish the race, but nevertheless the whole format up until then was great I thought. Anyway Qualified 4th. Superpole up to 3rd by just doing a consistant lap. Got the jump in the race & was leading up until lap 25 where I spun on the last corner (which happened to be the lap I was pitting.......DOH! That's right!......25 laps - 375 corners......& I make my only mistake one corner away from my pitstop!). It caught me off guard completely. Didn't have a single moment before that so I think I was just in cruise control & didn't see it coming.

Anway, Chris got past but I still had a nice gap back to Cody I think. For a change the spin didn't really bother me too much because I knew I had race pace over Cody. After gathering it up & heading towards pit lane, little did I know my race would soon end. As I entered pit lane there was a very slow Bob who's rear diffuser had a pretty roungh first meeting with my front splitter. That was the end of my race!

*It's a shame it ended both Bob's & my race. However one thing for certain is that Bob had no idea where the pit lane started. I think Bob thinks he was hard done by, but I feel the same way. Bob, you really need to practice pit stops before a race & workout where the pit lane entry line is.

On Interlagos, you get off the throttle, steer around a blind left hander & then immdiately get on the brakes hard. I can say with 100% confidence that I would have pulled up just fine for the pit line. This incident will never be avoided if you race with people who put the pit lane speed limiter on 100 metres before pit lane. It really is everyone's responsibility to work these things out for themselves.

• Brian Tarrant

I never saw a pit line all my praccy pitstops, thought it was going to cause a problem come race day.......

when you cross the pit line the pit menu automatically pops up in the HUD display, signifying it's starting point.
This track has always had an issue for this.
We all need to look out for this & practice pitting in the future. It caught me out when I first attempted to pit in the practice server.

• Brian Tarrant

Team Name: Bonanza Brothers Racing
Rod Tarrant - Confirmed
Brian Tarrant - Confirmed
Brendan Crosby - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 295 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 148 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.3%
Back