Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FPPS Round 7 Abu Dhabi Practice Race

Late notice I know, but I forgot the Abu Dhabi race was 1 week after Interlagos...

Details are as follows, POST UP if you're able to attend, we're not limited to 10 drivers its just to show roughly who is going to turn up..

Date: Saturday 13th November (8:30AM GMT)
Time: Qual 7:30PM AEST, 9:30PM NZ and 8:30AM GMT
Format: 55 Lap race (Qual - 30 mins, Warmup - 10 mins)
Weather: 29 degrees/10% humidity all through practice, qual, warmup and race
Server: PrestoGP Abu Dhabi 55laps
Password: normal PrestoGP server password, either check PrestoGP.com or PM myself or Steve if unsure of password.

Attendees
1. David Noden
2. Brendan Crosby
3. Mitchell Smith

Yea sorry Bren but like I said last night, too hot. In my room with windows shut and door shut (So I won't bother the family, these cars can get pretty loud) it can turn into a pressure cooker..Will be right for this morning race in a few hours though.

Yeah, daylight savings time meant I showed up 5 minutes before qualifying. Did alright in quali, .7s off my pb on my first flying lap, so I decided to spend the rest of the time practicing race setup since the track conditions were way different than any of my practice sessions before. Accidentally started the race on super softs without realizing, got frustrated after spinning off a few times and had to go relax. Sorry.

Sucks but I think I am going to withdraw from this season completely. Just don't have the time to play anymore. I have also been playing more of f1 2010 since it was 33% off this weekend :D

Not as much of a sim but honestly the game is VERY fun.

This race caught most out I think and like everyone I didn't have much time at all for practice...

Qual: 7th
Not my strongest session for a weekend but I put in as many laps as I could and did a 1.38.3 which was about 1 second off my pb time the night before...

Race: 4th
Was an interesting and rewarding race and I quite enjoyed it.. I found it quite difficult who was around me as for whatever reason I couldn't display any drivers names, and there are alot of cars that look similar on my computer as some of the custom skins don't come through as they should..

Off the line Steve was in front of me and he spun off on the line, so imediately made a position, David McCradic was in front of me and we were pacing quite similarly, in front of him I think it may have been Brendan Crosby spinning, then David and I had a great battle for about 8 laps or so until he spun exiting turn 1.

Sitting in 4th I was chasing down I think it may have been Gaetano Zizzo, I was catching him and in the last sector he went wide and I got past. I was now in 3rd and trying to push as hard as I could chasing down Christian Ramlow as he's my closest rival in the championship, each time I was making ground on him I'd make a slight mistake and loose a couple of seconds..

First pit stop I thought went quite smoothly and quick but once I came out Christian was about 5 seconds further in front of me, again this stint was all about bridging the gap to Christian, again I managed to do this but along the way I made a couple of costly mistakes again loosing time. By the time my 2nd stop came about I was within 5 seconds of him, Christian pitted first, then I did the lap after.

The 3rd and final stint I was within striking distance of Christian to possibly take 2nd position but it was not to be... The old Nvidia crash happend to me on the hair pin before the long straight, at this stage I was 4 seconds behind Christian and catching him, I lost 16 seconds due to this crash which also brought Bredan Crosby within 5 seconds behind me. For a while I was maintaining the gap but I could see Brendan catching me about .5 second per lap, with 4 laps to go I think he was 1.5 seconds behind me and I had a small spin which allowed him past...

I tried to catch Brendan but he didn't make a mistake, although we'd caught up to Christian and there was only about 10 seconds covering the 3 of us, unfortunately for us Jonathon Wilson decided to make a comeback and absolutely smashed us all, lapping everyone!!

Congrats Jon on a huge win!! Well done to Christian and Brendan on podium positions.

2 races to go and the drivers championship is tightening up.

cya at Hokenheim

(Is it just me or do laps at Hockenheim in the Presto servers not show up on the website?)

For a driver of my calibre, to perform like that is disgusting. I am angry with myself and quite honestly embaressed.

I've been suffering from a Viral Infection and as you guys know on anti-biotics from the last week, I was feeling better but when I went to this race, after 10 laps I started feeling extreme cramps and pains, afterwards I had to go to the doctors. I was very surprised because honestly I felt great leading up to the race..

Anyway, I'm angry at myself, but proud of the entire grid, out of 10 starters 9 finished, no real crashes and only 1 DNF because of a bug. Well done lads, be proud of yourselves.

Hockenheim is my best track, I expect a result there. I am very angry with myself and I am going to work hard to make up for my mistake at my favourite track.

See you in Germany.

I had a very limited amount of time leading up to this one & so was banking on old track knowledge to try to get a decent race setup.
All was going well until Mr Wilson showed up & went in to the 35's!!! Then Christian stepped up to the plate & posted a great time also & I ended up in 5th on the grid. Kids running around in the background fighting & screaming was a little distracting also. Gotta love those sunday mornings after gigs... any muso will know the feeling well.

Start was crap, spinning a complete 180 degrees & collecting the wall and also some suspension damage. Noel was very accommodating & let me past as I set about trying to recover some lost ground to the pack. I made up ground but then spun at least twice in the first stint. I drove with the wheel at 5 degree from DTC to keep the car straight until lap 18 when I decided to come in for a tyre change & refuel/fix damage etc.. Forgot to set my ignition & starter buttons & so couldn't stop engine manually & I also slightly overshot my pit bay by 50 cm and had to reverse. Opted for Hard tyres & enough fuel to last me until around lap 40. Car felt good upon exit & I was going ok. Jon lapped me midway throug hthis stint before he went in for his pitstop. I made my second stop as planned at lap 40 & came out with a nice, light car on Hard tyres again, allowing me to push hard right to the end without having to watch the tyre temps too much. I found myself catching Gaetano at around 1 - 1.5secs per lap & so I started to put the hammer down to see if I could take 5th place. He made a couple of errors & I was all of a sudden right in him. However, every time I was close to the rear of a car my graphics cards seemed to make everything stutter slightly which made it hard to judge a pass. This caused me to spin a couple of times, but I didn't lose too much time & during the last 3 laps I really honed in on Gaetano. On the very last lap I was very close & nearly managed to make a dash up the inside on the final turn but He saw me coming & blocked the line very well.

So my race was fairly ordinary, but with a great chase at the end.

Results are up on PrestoGP.com

David Noden - 101
Christian Ramlow - 94
Gaetano Zizzo - 60
Brendan Crosby - 60
Frank Rosenbauer - 60
Steve Crossland - 59

With 2 races to go the championship is very close, at the top of the table its Australia v Germany fighting it out against one another then 4 drivers seperated by 1 pt chasing 3rd, should be a great finish to the season.

If there is anything to report incident wise then please send me or Steve a PM asap.

Cheers for the compliments Steve and David.

Was an enjoyable race for me. Managed to put my head down and do consistent laps whilst looking after my tyres. Noticed that is was towards the end of each stint where I had the most pace over everyone else - so the setup and driving style worked nicely under those conditions.

Again, well done guys for 9/10 finishers. Don't think I've ever been in a full length race with so many people seeing it right through to the end.

Also, when overlapping everyone was incredibly generous in leaving room - so thanks for that, it was definitely appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 260 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 164 27.5%
Back