Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Robert, I hope you have some good settings for the wheel when I finally get everything together. From what I read, I'm hoping they patch the light Force Feedback and give us the feeling of the car that we've been looking for.
Peter, another issue with the Replay system is it will only show the last 2 mins of your run. So telemetry would have to be recorded by the driver as you drive, just like you said.

Robert, I hope you have some good settings for the wheel when I finally get everything together. From what I read, I'm hoping they patch the light Force Feedback and give us the feeling of the car that we've been looking for.
Peter, another issue with the Replay system is it will only show the last 2 mins of your run. So telemetry would have to be recorded by the driver as you drive, just like you said.

Have you tested this online? I think the 2 min cap may be for practice, but not sure. In any case, twitch is easy.

Really? I haven't noticed that but I could have sworn that a short race I ran the other day recorded the whole thing.. have to go back and check. If it's limited to 2 minutes thats pretty crap imo. I was going to comment how good the replay system is but i'll have to re-evaluate that if this proves to be true.
Have you tested this online? I think the 2 min cap may be for practice, but not sure. In any case, twitch is easy.
I will have to try Twitch out soon but of course that would be limited to the view you run the race or practice session in. I was hoping to be able to save some of the replays in the various views as I find those fun and helpful to watch back.

I just woke up from a 12 hour nap after playing pCARS for 10 hours straight. It's so deep, all I have done is try to figure out the ffb settings at Brands in a Mercedes GT3 car. lol. It's the answer to all my hopes and prayers. It's a real SIM with everything. And Peter, the telemetry, ****, I can't even digest that screen! The car suspension and traction line (like a heart monitor) alone tells you so much information that we have not even had before that it's hard to comprehend. Then you add to that all of the stuff Shift2 had plus 100 times as deep. I'm not sure what you mean about the telemetry. If you are talking about the ability to look at it after the race, I understand, but you do realize there will be dozens of apps that you will be able to download that will give you this very info (F1 style) right on your xbox. So, just be patient there. This game is soooooooo deep guys. I have just barely come to grips with the ffb setting. Not tried the weather, AI, online, or any car besides one or any track besides one. I want to get that 100% perfect feel and I'm almost there. Even 90% there is 1000% better than anything ever before.

Two disappointments. I agree with Daniel. Graphically it's not up to Forza5 standards. You have so many effects and depth in other areas that it just could not get there. I completely understand and am actually glad it didn't try. FM5 has been rendered irrelevant to me except for the graphics. But then again, I had everything maxed out, so I might try to go minimize some graphics settings to get rid of some of the tearing. It's not bad, but happens every now and again...and you can see sometimes the hitches where the frame rate drops around tight corners (at least the second at Brands) but again, hardly even relevant compared to the depth. The sound and the feel are nirvana. Now if I could only understand it....lol.
How many AI was this against Robert? I had a quick race around Brands to check this out at lunchtime and didn't have any drop at all.

They've done a fabulous job with the track haven't they.. I know how much you love Brands so it must be like heaven for you ;)

There is just the single screen of telemetry isn't there? I know in Shift 2 we had a couple of seperate screens worth so just want tomake sure I am not missing out on something.

Can anyone here tell me how you select your friend in the TT leader board or how to view anything other than the top 16 of any category. I've tried all the buttons and nothing seems to work... Any one else managed to do this?

Edit. Ok I've found how to do the second part but not the friends list.

I'm supposed to get my XB1 tomorrow. If I can find enough games to trade in I may have ProCars by this weekend. But I'm hoping it doesn't take me 10 hours to get a good feel for the wheel :unsure: I won't race, or set any times until I'm comfortable with my FFB settings. It took me nearly 2 weeks to come to grips with NFS Shift 2.

It's really annoying that you can't search, I had a little look for you Rob but gave up lol

I found him but having to use the triggers to search up and down 16 drivers at a time is just crazy. They have to fix that and make it more accessible and allow us to filter the leaderboard.

Had a quick go in that mode and enjoyed trying to set some sort of time but still find some things that I'm really surprised have been missed. No sector times shown when you finish your laps even though the display shows S1 S2 when you drop back to the garage area but they are just blank underneath with just the overall fastest lap of the session shown.

I love everything about the handling, setups, tracks, cars and racing experience, etc. but some of the things I expected to be there as standard are either not available or not very well implemented which does surprise me given the time they've had to put it together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 293 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 189 27.3%
Back