Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'm only privileged to what people post as of now, but it seems that they just ported this over from PC to XB1 and PS4 without really testing it, or with very little testing. Multi-platform releases are hard, but this is a very small Development team. I hate that gaming has come to this but more often than not most new releases come out very flawed and depend on the gaming community to do the Pay-To-Play Beta Test. Obviously they didn't get Shift 2 fixed with all of its many bugs. I just hope the Dev team is devoted to making necessary repairs.

I found him but having to use the triggers to search up and down 16 drivers at a time is just crazy. They have to fix that and make it more accessible and allow us to filter the leaderboard.

Had a quick go in that mode and enjoyed trying to set some sort of time but still find some things that I'm really surprised have been missed. No sector times shown when you finish your laps even though the display shows S1 S2 when you drop back to the garage area but they are just blank underneath with just the overall fastest lap of the session shown.

I love everything about the handling, setups, tracks, cars and racing experience, etc. but some of the things I expected to be there as standard are either not available or not very well implemented which does surprise me given the time they've had to put it together.
That widget top right can be used to show sector times ect

That widget top right can be used to show sector times ect
Yes but only while you are driving unless i have missed something. It's difficult to get anything much from those whle concentrating on the track other than to see the colour change to know on each lap whether you are ahead of your best time. I like to see the information once I am settled in the garage to identify where I need to improve, etc.

It's the stats nut in me that like's all this stuff hence the lap time data I produce in F1 and in that area things are severely lacking at the moment here. Hopefully they'll address that with something in the future. Not the end of the workd of course as it's the depth of racing thats the most important but I did expect more than thre is currently.

I never had the chance to check out the length of replay possible in the game last night, anyone else able to clarify that? I just assumed it enabled you to go back and view the whole race.

Last edited:
I never had the chance to check out the length of replay possible in the game last night, anyone else able to calrify that? I just assumed it enabled you to go back and view the whole race.

can only say this for single player, if you pause mid race it will only show you a reply of last 2 mins. at the end of the race if you view reply then it seems to be whole race. i went back and watched a ten lap race round watkins glen(never raced this track before its amazing)

I'm only privileged to what people post as of now, but it seems that they just ported this over from PC to XB1 and PS4 without really testing it, or with very little testing. Multi-platform releases are hard, but this is a very small Development team. I hate that gaming has come to this but more often than not most new releases come out very flawed and depend on the gaming community to do the Pay-To-Play Beta Test. Obviously they didn't get Shift 2 fixed with all of its many bugs. I just hope the Dev team is devoted to making necessary repairs.

the only good thing so far is that they are pretty quick on the patches with one already sent to microsoft, they seem like there committed to this game rather then watching the sales and planning pcars 2

can only say this for single player, if you pause mid race it will only show you a reply of last 2 mins. at the end of the race if you view reply then it seems to be whole race. i went back and watched a ten lap race round watkins glen(never raced this track before its amazing)
Thats good to know Daniel, I am only really interested in what is available at the end of a race. Hopefully the same will be there for onloine races too although in Shift 2 online replays were not available despite being available for offline races so I hope they have not done the same here.

I tried to use Twitch last night with a quick test but it didn;t seem to work. It told me it was broadcasting so I ran a lap around Brands Hatch then stopped the broadcast but when I checked there was nothing recorded. Also, the Twitch column remained on the screen to the right so I had to do the lap in a smaller screen on the left. Couldn't see how to remove that Twitch column.

Thats good to know Daniel, I am only really interested in what is available at the end of a race. Hopefully the same will be there for onloine races too although in Shift 2 online replays were not available despite being available for offline races so I hope they have not done the same here.

I tried to use Twitch last night with a quick test but it didn;t seem to work. It told me it was broadcasting so I ran a lap around Brands Hatch then stopped the broadcast but when I checked there was nothing recorded. Also, the Twitch column remained on the screen to the right so I had to do the lap in a smaller screen on the left. Couldn't see how to remove that Twitch column.
Peter, you have to set up a witch account on the computer and then go there and look at your videos. From there, you will see all your videos from the xbox and you can upload them to YouTube.

Guys, I have changed my mind.

The handling in this game takes so so so so so so so so much effort, but you CAN get there. in fact, I never thought I would, but I'm finally able to say it's the best feeling game I've ever driven. Hands down. Two things at work here. One...I needed to really understand the controls and play with suggestions. And two, get rid of the notion that a game should feel anything like what was on the console before. When I was driving home tonight, I noticed...yea, this IS how the wheel feels. Throw in a little weight and you have subtle, but very different ways to tell how your car is sliding, that come closer to real life. I now remember, sometimes I couldn't immediately notice when the car was losing traction...at least in the larger cars. I expect this all to change in the open wheelers. This game is so deep. So, now that I've gotten my handling base down, I can concentrate on the fun stuff! :) Here is what I suggest.

I'm supposed to get my XB1 tomorrow. If I can find enough games to trade in I may have ProCars by this weekend. But I'm hoping it doesn't take me 10 hours to get a good feel for the wheel :unsure: I won't race, or set any times until I'm comfortable with my FFB settings. It took me nearly 2 weeks to come to grips with NFS Shift 2.

Just go to my (tagged) thread. We have done all the work for you. Lucky Bastard. lol.

Also remember that when you calibrate your wheel, do it at 360 (on the wheel and on the screen) and be sure to HOLD the wheel at 360 and press (A) then (A) again and release. This gives you the best ffb, IMO. Most cars we drive will need this radius and the ffb is stronger (which is needed until patch) with the tighter radius. In any case, most race cars aren't meant to turn (wheel) much anyway.

Also, the Twitch column remained on the screen to the right so I had to do the lap in a smaller screen on the left. Couldn't see how to remove that Twitch column.
you need to double tap the xbox icon on the controller will bring up a lil section, all you need to do is press down on the dpad to 'unsnap' and it go full screen. i will have a look at your twitch page when it quiten downs at work to see if it saved

I tried to use Twitch last night with a quick test but it didn;t seem to work. It told me it was broadcasting so I ran a lap around Brands Hatch then stopped the broadcast but when I checked there was nothing recorded.

I was watching you last night for the few minutes that you broadcasted. As soon as I saw you start broadcasting, I switched games. :roflmao: As for whether or not it saved, I don't know. It does take a while for it to be available.

Peter, you have to set up a witch account on the computer and then go there and look at your videos. From there, you will see all your videos from the xbox and you can upload them to YouTube.
Yep, i've had a Twitch account for several years and as well as using the Twitch XBO app to try to look at my recordings I checked on my computer to.. nothing there so it obviously didn;t record for some reason.

So as I said before, I will be getting a bigger bedroom, meaning I can have a better race setup. Turns out to do that I will be getting the biggest room in the house!
So just wondering if any of you believe there is a limit on size of tv that will be used as my cockpit view?

Yep, i've had a Twitch account for several years and as well as using the Twitch XBO app to try to look at my recordings I checked on my computer to.. nothing there so it obviously didn;t record for some reason.

Bizarre. I would have thought if I could do it.... I will say that I can't actually "see" my pics on Twitch on the computer unless I go to "video manager" and even then I can't watch them. I think my browser is out of fate. All I can do it see the first frame in manager and upload them to YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%