Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Dan other people are having this issue I heard if you look at the project cars forums I think you'll find a lot of people are frustrated with this patch because they can't get past that start screen so far no answers so I think a reinstall really is the only route there is some discussion techy stuff that I understand that you might set my be worth checking out

Last edited:
don't believe the laps on the fuel. It's just an Approximation. I was going to run a GT3 race at Dubai. Race was 33 laps and approximate required me to load 106 L...well my limit is 105 L, but figuring fuel mileage I really only needed 96 L

Found a video of a workaround the manditory button assignments. Basically just put the buttons where u like and instead of just backing out ..this will bring up error message. .instead hit the pause button and go to options..and it will back out of screen.and when u go back to edit screen ur assigned buttons will be there. No more handbrake.lol

I was running 20 liters in a 11 lap race and ran out on the last lap.:/ yea the approximate lap thing is on the low side .I got 10 and a half and it said I could only get 9 I believe. Bout to run a mock race to see if I can make it on no stops or if half the fuel and a one stop would be faster..

I was running 20 liters in a 11 lap race and ran out on the last lap.:/ yea the approximate lap thing is on the low side .I got 10 and a half and it said I could only get 9 I believe. Bout to run a mock race to see if I can make it on no stops or if half the fuel and a one stop would be faster..

I think, being a real SIM, things like driving style, short shifting, coasting, etc. really do matter. Also I would imagine it takes more fuel for the first half of the race (but I've never tested this. I was getting 1.8 per lap at Snetterton.

I can't load up the driver if the Lights don't come on. It will not power up at all.. I mean you should be able to use it for 3 hours straight without the damn thing burning up... That's some Shitty Workmanship! I'm going to ride this one out, and sell this bitch on Ebay as soon as the G920 comes out and has some good reviews. I didn't **** around either. I got a 3 year replacement warranty from Walmart!
I've already been in contact with Thrustmaster and Replied to their email, with an Invoice and Serial Tag picture. They are supposedly going to send me a new base, but could take up to 5 business days! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know you don't have but so much control over this Mike, but getting new stock is critical when replacing the TM. They obviously knew they were headed for massive trouble and now either use the "older then 6-8 month stock" for replacements and the new stock (which should have the current or last driver pre-installed) gets sold by the "replacement" guys. I don't know this for sure, but the newer ones have louder and longer lasting fans and, critically, they came to the realization that something was causing a massive fault with the ffb. (I also think this is a partial or complete reason why they are now hard to find). I have been hearing less and less breakage (sorry Peter, just can't agree with you if you compare TM and Fanatec, but Logitech does have a good reliability record, if not as good of reviews) unless you had an earlier version. Be interesting to know what firmware was loaded on yours. But I guess you can't check now. Sucks.

Found this interesting post on the pCARS forums:

There has been an improvement in fps as well with patch 3.0. I just ran a full 35 AI grid at Spa. I was running 2:16:***. That's an improvement of 4 seconds in lap time vs previous patches, with full grid (previous PB with full grid was around 2:20). I haven't played game much lately. So I'm definitely rusty. However, that's good to see my time has improved because of fps improvement (smaller grid, I run like 2:02 if I'm not mistaken). Now I'm fixing to run 23 AI grid & see what I run.
Update: My times with 23 AI grid was spot on for what they should be (2:02:***). Based off what I've seen at Spa. I think it's safe to say that you can run a 23 AI grid on all tracks & basically get 60fps. Regardless of weather. The reason I say that is because of the 4 second lap time improvement with full grid on patch 3.0. So it's really safe to assume that running 23 AI grid should be fine anywhere, with any weather (after patch 2.0, you could run 23 AI grid at Spa in rain & fps/lap time matched my by myself lap time).

I had never thought of this before. It's mind boggling how far away these guys really are to being even close to simulating a race car. The 360 must have basically had full aids with no aids, and if you ran no aids, then you got hammered by the controller guys. That should never happen. That said, it's getting much better, and the real kicker was how much the fps really helps. I'm no glad F1 2015 strove for this benchmark and actually bettered pCARS. Why is nobody noticing this? Oh, that's right, in F1 you can't have a career, so trashing the game is mandatory.

Found a video of a workaround the manditory button assignments. Basically just put the buttons where u like and instead of just backing out ..this will bring up error message. .instead hit the pause button and go to options..and it will back out of screen.and when u go back to edit screen ur assigned buttons will be there. No more handbrake.lol
Didn't realize this was the problem you were referring to, I discovered that workaround by accident right back in the early days so flag toy have it now too :thumbsup:

I know you don't have but so much control over this Mike, but getting new stock is critical when replacing the TM. They obviously knew they were headed for massive trouble and now either use the "older then 6-8 month stock" for replacements and the new stock (which should have the current or last driver pre-installed) gets sold by the "replacement" guys. I don't know this for sure, but the newer ones have louder and longer lasting fans and, critically, they came to the realization that something was causing a massive fault with the ffb. (I also think this is a partial or complete reason why they are now hard to find). I have been hearing less and less breakage (sorry Peter, just can't agree with you if you compare TM and Fanatec, but Logitech does have a good reliability record, if not as good of reviews) unless you had an earlier version. Be interesting to know what firmware was loaded on yours. But I guess you can't check now. Sucks.
Just going by what I read Rob. The fact that everyone here apart from Eric so far has had problems with their wheels is not a good sign and doesn't inspire confidence in laying out so much money for a product. If I pay that much for something I expect it to last more them a few months before problems start occurring.

I'm not saying it's not a damn good wheel because it certainly is when it works but these problems that keep happening are a major issue and nobody should have to rely on insurance to make sure they are not without a wheel for longer than necessary. A product at that price should be solid and reliable out of the box.

I think, being a real SIM, things like driving style, short shifting, coasting, etc. really do matter. Also I would imagine it takes more fuel for the first half of the race (but I've never tested this. I was getting 1.8 per lap at Snetterton.
Different cars too have different fuel requirements. I remember at Nurburgring some discussions about fuel usage which were way higher than I was seeing in the Aston. Here in the couple of sessions I had I was using around 1.74 litres per lap.

I'm really not sure why F1 has not been well received so far. Granted it has a lot of bugs that people are still discovering, I keep finding little things myself that need fixing but if you get past those it is a very solid game which gives a good representation of the F1 weekend. None of the bugs at the moment are big enough to prevent me from playing the game so I'm baffled why there is such a negative feel from so many people on the game.

The controller advantage has only really been a more recent development as they've tried to accommodate the larger numbers that play the game that way. Not even sure it's an issue this time but certainly was apparent in 2014.

Found this interesting post on the pCARS forums:

There has been an improvement in fps as well with patch 3.0. I just ran a full 35 AI grid at Spa. I was running 2:16:***. That's an improvement of 4 seconds in lap time vs previous patches, with full grid (previous PB with full grid was around 2:20). I haven't played game much lately. So I'm definitely rusty. However, that's good to see my time has improved because of fps improvement (smaller grid, I run like 2:02 if I'm not mistaken). Now I'm fixing to run 23 AI grid & see what I run.
Update: My times with 23 AI grid was spot on for what they should be (2:02:***). Based off what I've seen at Spa. I think it's safe to say that you can run a 23 AI grid on all tracks & basically get 60fps. Regardless of weather. The reason I say that is because of the 4 second lap time improvement with full grid on patch 3.0. So it's really safe to assume that running 23 AI grid should be fine anywhere, with any weather (after patch 2.0, you could run 23 AI grid at Spa in rain & fps/lap time matched my by myself lap time).

I had never thought of this before. It's mind boggling how far away these guys really are to being even close to simulating a race car. The 360 must have basically had full aids with no aids, and if you ran no aids, then you got hammered by the controller guys. That should never happen. That said, it's getting much better, and the real kicker was how much the fps really helps. I'm no glad F1 2015 strove for this benchmark and actually bettered pCARS. Why is nobody noticing this? Oh, that's right, in F1 you can't have a career, so trashing the game is mandatory.
Was that post from a pc user or console? I think on pc's it's much more of an issue because of the variance of fps there is between different pc's while on the console we are all pretty much locked to the same level so it creates a more even playing field in that respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party