Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Dan other people are having this issue I heard if you look at the project cars forums I think you'll find a lot of people are frustrated with this dispatch because they can't get past that start screen so far no answers so I think a reinstall really is the only route there is some discussion techy stuff that I understand that you might set my be worth checking out
Did you get it installed in the end Rob? I decided to install it last night after I finished my Spa qualifying sessions in F1 2015 and just left it doing so while I went to bed. It was at 17% after 5 minutes so shouldn't have taken too much longer. I'll check later today when I'm back home.

Strange how some have no problems while others can't get started. You would think on the same console everyone would be the same :/

NOTICE TO ALL DRIVERS

The planned break is to be moved until after Zolder because of two reasons

1. We are having to much fun so why stop

2. I'm on holiday in minorca that week so can't help run things here and update tables etc PLEASE LIKE THIS TO SHOW YOU HAVE SEEN IT thanks guys

@Adam Morris @Adam marks @Andrew Holmes @Gareth Williams @Jelani Patterson @tigerkart_22 @Adel Elsayed @Ronnie Dewey @Thomas While @Benjamin McCluskey @NuminexHDX @Mark I Jackson @Dominic Ollivierre @Lance Loomis
I'm not having fun!

Just going by what I read Rob. The fact that everyone here apart from Eric so far has had problems with their wheels is not a good sign and doesn't inspire confidence in laying out so much money for a product. If I pay that much for something I expect it to last more them a few months before problems start occurring.

I'm not saying it's not a damn good wheel because it certainly is when it works but these problems that keep happening are a major issue and nobody should have to rely on insurance to make sure they are not without a wheel for longer than necessary. A product at that price should be solid and reliable out of the box.

I'll have to disagree. I'd get a Ferrari over a Toyota anyday. My insurance will be high but I'm rich because I bought the car. Insuring my wheel was like 2.5% of the wheels cost, or about $20. Not a steep price. Even three years (smarter) is not bad. For that kind of wheel and 7-10 day turnaround, I can take a couple break downs. But if others can't, I understand. Railer hasn't had problems, I don't think. So, what, about 50% of us? My problem was very minor, but admittedly, most of my frustration was with Thrustmaster. I'm not saying they are saints. lol. And I'm not saying it's right for everyone. Obviously not you. But ponder the Spider for a second. Did it meet or exceed your expectations? Who made it?

Different cars too have different fuel requirements. I remember at Nurburgring some discussions about fuel usage which were way higher than I was seeing in the Aston. Here in the couple of sessions I had I was using around 1.74 litres per lap.

I think you and Eric are right. After I got the patch two things must change. 19 laps from 21. And tire wear now set to "real". They increased both I think. In any case, I know they did the tires, and the max fuel says almost 20 laps, so I'll have to take that. In any case, we should be okay with a warm up.

Was that post from a pc user or console? I think on pc's it's much more of an issue because of the variance of fps there is between different pc's while on the console we are all pretty much locked to the same level so it creates a more even playing field in that respect.

Probably so. I wasn't taken aback by our new found speed. lol. (Hey! Cut all the visual effects off!) I was just amazed that the frame rate had such an impact on performance. And, yes, it's a big consideration when you go from game to game with different rates. For instance, Forza5 is rock steady and you can feel the difference. I just never knew anyone to quantify or confirm it. Now I know why the PC guys obsess over frame rate so much.

Did you get it installed in the end Rob? I decided to install it last night after I finished my Spa qualifying sessions in F1 2015 and just left it doing so while I went to bed. It was at 17% after 5 minutes so shouldn't have taken too much longer. I'll check later today when I'm back home.

Strange how some have no problems while others can't get started. You would think on the same console everyone would be the same :/

It was just traffic. I was one of the first to see it over here I think. But I got it tonight. WOW. Massive is not a big enough word. Although Mr. K is convinced the pits are still not fixed (and how could you not believe that) they are operable, so Donnington will remain a long race. We just have to remember that the tire we go to will be full wet, regardless. In other words, you don't get stuck anymore, you just cannot select between tire compounds. So, the game automatically gives you (unless you select no tire change) full wets or soft slicks. This confirms what we knew all along and felt at Silverstone and Spa. But no more red tire of death! Yay! I think we had a big part in some of those fixes. Along with Chips.

Dang. The visual improvements are astounding. I also joined a 15 man lobby and saw maybe 2-3 get discoed. That's huge. They all were mic'ed too. Also, the new telemetry is so so key. If you run wets at Spa in the rain, you will understand. My LF wet tire lasted about 8 laps. Others were okay. My setup was to blame. And it's nice to see how much your tires wear and inflate when hot. It makes it easier to find that sweet spot. There are so many improvements that would take too long to list. Like the new adjustable wheel spring. That about makes this physics model perfect. The holy grail is damn near here.

And finally:

* Fixed an issue where there was a sudden loss of FFB after a severe collision.
* Xbox One – fixed an issue where Force feedback was lost when focus was lost to the onscreen keyboard, other overlaid system apps or snapped apps.

But be careful. The game defaults to your controller if you need that for sound. All you have to do is turn the controller off and then turn it back on. It's still a pain but I have not had the wheel revert back once this is done. So, we may be able to get rid of pace laps, add A.I., etc. for the next series'.

Q- 5th
R- 6th
A good race for me overall, Had a poor start due to being hit by a ghost but made some places up quickly. My race was clean and fairly uneventful apart from a nudge I gave Lance (sorry) which allowed Gazer to pass us both. Ended up finishing 6th ahead of gazer due to his pit problem and had a very lonely 2nd half of my race.

I'm a bit concerned with the automatic by weather setting. If you pit too early when the rain drops falls or too early when the rain goes away you will end up with the wrong compound on in either situation. I was hoping to test some stops and stuff, but I guess that won't be happening. I do like the the new information they included. You can never have enough info.

Fuel use is approximate. Its still a good idea to look at your fuel mileage and use a calculator or you will be putting 10L in more than you need.
Also.. I bought my 2nd wheel from the same place as McNasty, Walmart. He hasn't had any issues, and also doesn't have a warranty. I just hate having to go 3 weeks without a wheel now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%