Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Reading about the new cts-v 640 hp ..also had a hd data and vid recorder playback looks like project cars screen .complete with throttle and brake inputs tach mph steering angle and gear select..pretty cool

Reactions: Rob
unfortunately not... just a bunch of losers. I don't know why they waste space with irrelevant cars. Would have been nice if they had put in a full field of something. GT3's GT1's instead its more like a smattering of a few cars from here and there. I didn't buy this game to drive a stupid road car... I want a damn Race Car!

I had a quick run out in the Forza 6 demo last night and have to say it looks stunning. But then that’s always been a strong point of the game. Driving wise though I found it to be the same as previous version in so far as I find there is very little sense of speed. It’s buttery smooth, the cars look superb and the scenery looks great but I can’t help but feel I’m going for a Sunday drive rather than in the middle of a race. It’s always been that way for me with the Forza titles. I may be being a little harsh basing that on just a short run in the game but that’s my initial impressions.

Also, I’ll have a better idea after a longer session but it feels to me like a game where FFB is needed. I got no sense of when the car was on the edge of grip and about to lose the backend at all unlike in pCars and F1 where I am able to judge those pretty well. I think the lack of sense of any speed adds to this because several times I went into a spin despite feeling like I was trundling along. Once the spin started it was irrecoverable too, there seemed to be no way to get the car corrected, it felt like a car on ice at those times. It was very sensitive to steering inputs too, so anything more than the slightest turn of the wheel resulted in a spin. This was all on the default settings so I’ll play around with those when I get the chance.

Overall it just felt quite odd to me and I felt quite disconnected from the car.

Last edited:
Yea just got done loading the three dlc packs.the ruf is ok but agree there should be more race cars..the lmp900 cars are awesome thou..is there a thread at .p cars forums for suggested and or wanted cars to develope and release..I would totally pay more than 5 bucks for a pack if they could release a whole racing class as u suggested

Reactions: Rob
In all honesty I am pretty happy with the cars in the game out of the box. I may download the dlc's at some point but am more interested in other tracks than cars so really hope we get to see some more track dlc's soon. I have never been much into cars which is the main reason Froza has never appealed that much to me. It's all about the racing experience for me and whether it be in a kart, road car, supercar or an F1 car I am happy lol.

More tracks yes !

Right. If you want more cars, go play Forza5. 500+ now is it? Including a useless IndyCar that feels like...well...I'm not sure what the hell it feels like. lol.

Tracks are key. I could race 100 spec. series' in a row (after all, most racing series' are spec if you look past the artificial "manufacturer battles", except maybe in F1). But if you have to race the same tracks over and over again, like Forza5, it's a bore. Just my thoughts....

Peter, nice write-up. Sounds like Forza is still catering to the controller crowd with that insane deadzone. They need to sell those copies after all! At least the lobby system will work, though. Too bad it's not a racer yet. Any indication of tire wear being close to real? How about fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 9.1%