Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

what a joke, all the wear testing we've done is for nothing now, gotta learn new setups for gt3 and not drive them on the limit at all. I don't see what was wrong before, if you really pushed it you would still get overheating and wear, but now you get it driving like a granny nowhere near the edge!

@Micheal I don't know if you read this on the project cars forum, but it looks like someone has a workaround with the end of race timing issue.

From the VB1 6.0 thread.

"Add an extra lap to the race. The winner could announce they've finished both verbally and then by stopping at the end of the straight following the finish line. As others finish they form a stationary queue behind the winner. All can press the option button for the race order/fastest lap info and once everyone has crossed the line do a screen capture of the result. Then everyone can follow him/her home for the last lap at the winners desired pace for a victory lap. If everyone finishes in that order and keeps their car from exploding all is good with the results screen too along with in game podium stats etc."

This was from the PS4 thread.

"We had the same idea yesterday but encountered some possible issues from an organizer point of view (e.g. two cars crossing the finish line very close to each other before the down lap) which makes checking the replay necessary. One can do that, but there is an other way to overcome the 75% timeout issue. Basically you put the additional lap at the beginning of the race....a classic out lap.

Pre-condition:
Your league racers are willing to start races using a self-imposed flying start (we do this anyway as we have qualifying sessions during the week to determine which racer is participating in which lobby and taking which place in the grid; so we have to sort ourselves into the correct starting position somehow anyway; as pCars does not offer any option to do that, we needed to find a solution for that)

Solution:
- Start the online race session with all cars in the grid
- Do an out lap and do it fairly slow (we run 80-120 kmh but will reduce that if needed)
- Define a suitable starting procedure (we use the moment when the pole car accelerates; it can do so shortly before crossing the start/finish line at the end of the out lap)
- Race until all cars get the checkered flag; the final standings page shows all necessary infos as expected

What you get is a slowest time of ca. 3 minutes in Brno for example. 75% of that is ca 135 seconds, which is enough for every one to finish the race before the timer runs out.

You can manipulate the race end timer by altering the out lap speed/time."

Figured I would throw it out there. Also are we going to attempt the in game chat option during this race or are we going the normal way? Has anyone had a chance to see if the issues with the in game chat has been resolved yet?

Ridiculous that any of this has to be thought about.. what bonehead thought this was a good idea...

• NEW – dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.

At what point do they determine the slowest cars lap time?.. I assumed it was from their last completed lap which would make adding a slow lap to the start of the race pointless. The game doesn't seem to keep track of lap times properly other than the fastest race lap so not sure how any of that works.

Ridiculous that any of this has to be thought about.. what bonehead thought this was a good idea...

• NEW – dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.

LOL I know right.It would make sense if it were only for timed races, but not lap races. BTW Can't do 90 minute races....:(

well this is gonna be interesting, not sure if I can push the softs to 6-7 but I'm gonna try. Tested mediums and hards but lost too much grip and started crashing. I guess I'll just change on the fly depending on how the tires go. Doesn't seem many are gonna show tonight, are any of the Audi's in? or the other AM guys? my tire temps are all hovering around 200-210 which is a little hot but I'll take that over risking other compounds. Really annoyed because I've torn a muscle in my neck and it's bloody painful to even turn my head right now, but I'll take some painkillers and I'll be there! Nice times spiff! at least I still have one buddy in an Aston lol. Michael, are we doing a cool down lap at the end(lap 14)? or just going super slow for half of the first pace lap so the timer is longer? Hope the race goes well for everyone...

Slow first lap.. should do it. I had to adjust my setup the 0 DF on the front was killing my tires. So now I'm slow down the straights but the tires should be ok in the corners.

Edit: don't count out the Audi guys, they always just show up. Although I don't know how anyone can manage this track without testing the new tire model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 146 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.2%
Back