Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Quick question about this race and the changing weather...

If I understand correctly changing your pit stops on the fly is a bit of a no-no because of the pit stop bugs so is this not going to cause a problem here where we will not know exactly when the weather will change so will likely want to change our pit strategy when pitting rather than having something already set.

I have very limited experience of the pit stops in the game so far (just the once at Brands in GP3.. which went badly :rolleyes:) so just trying to get some idea of what to expect.

Last edited:
create a stop with the default car you running. then create a stop with the wet tire just in case. delete all others. run a practice race and make sure you can pit with either the default (which will be named Aston Martin GT3 unless you change it) or the Wet. I'm hoping the Rain will only effect practice and Qualifying. May have to start the race on wets though.

create a stop with the default car you running. then create a stop with the wet tire just in case. delete all others. run a practice race and make sure you can pit with either the default (which will be named Aston Martin GT3 unless you change it) or the Wet. I'm hoping the Rain will only effect practice and Qualifying. May have to start the race on wets though.
But what about fuel? Isn't there some problem with being given a full tank of fuel or something if you mess with the pit stop strategy?

Quick question about this race and the changing weather...

If I understand correctly changing your pit stops on the fly is a bit of a no-no because of the pit stop bugs so is this not going to cause a problem here where we will not know exactly when the weather will change so will likely want to change our pit strategy when pitting rather than having something already set.

I have very limited experience of the pit stops in the game so far (just the once at Brands in GP3.. which went badly :rolleyes:) so just trying to get some idea of what to expect.

Personally, I'm going to have one stop marked tire change and the other no tires. The latter in case of damage. If you need to test 41 laps, let us know, but I'm pretty sure it will not rain again. I'll make sure based on segment length later in the week.

Be sure to test the tire pressures because they don't really match up with the pressures you practice with. I'll give you mine to get into a range if you need. Then, yes, I can set my strategy at 0 fuel, but that grey bar on the fuel seems to come back if that's the case. And if your selection is lower than the "fuel load" for the car, it may default to 120 or max. fuel. Seems to happen to me at least. Either way, no tires is a very quick stop usually.

As for getting stuck, it has yet to happen to me after many stops post-Oulton. But I can't say it won't. If you can make it on at 7:30am anytime this week, we can do some tests on all of this. I have never heard that changing strategies is linked to getting stuck, but who knows, Personally, I'm not changing on the fly other than the stop itself.

Then again, there may be a patch....

This game is still very very broken.dont know if that latest xc onsole update had anything to do with it or not.but after two hours of tryong to keep people from disconnecting we called it..hope we have better luck this weekend..only had 6 and it still was crashing

I upgraded my internet signal yesterday. And instead of stringing my Cat 5e cable across the living room floor I was up in my Attic sweating my nuts off running a cable from my router to the Xbox. Everything should be nice and tidy tomorrow. dealing with some personal stuff tonight.

I upgraded my internet signal yesterday. And instead of stringing my Cat 5e cable across the living room floor I was up in my Attic sweating my nuts off running a cable from my router to the Xbox. Everything should be nice and tidy tomorrow. dealing with some personal stuff tonight.

Nice move. :thumbsup:. I had to run the ethernet cable from the modem to the xbox up a flight of stairs, across a hall, through two rooms and across my man cave. You might be a redneck if....

Hello everyone!
I think, after all this years i'll be able to join one of RD leagues, count me in!
just one thing, can you tell me at what time does it starts in CDT please? CDT is for mexico city right?

Gustavo Sobrino / SobritoS / TBD

Great to have you! Love to have fellow North Americans in the mix. (Well, seems like we have the majority here, lol.) But, hey, how does CDT relate to PDT in Los Angeles? Same? Or different? How much? Thanks.

:mad:Argh!!

Still more Twitch problems... Twice did a short broadcast this morning trying to record something that one of my mates wanted to see from the game. Both times the broadcast seemed to be succesful, no error messages, no lagging messages, blah, blah, blah... and yet both times the video has failed to save to my account.

Settings have not changed since Saturdays race which saved succesfully. AM I the only one on here that has this particular problem? Having checked the Twitch support centre it seems it's not an uncommon problem as others have been reporting it for ages but no answers are forthcoming.

Has anyone used any alternative to Twitch for streming and saving recordings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 470 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 307 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.1%
Back