Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Anybody else get little silvery \ white specs on the tarmac in places? Not sure whther thats meant to be there or not.

Know issue. They are chunks of rubber, like Eric said. The shading is wrong on them although I can tell you that it's pretty accurate if it rains (which is when they go away in game I think. lol.) This will be addressed in the future, but it's not in 2.0, if it ever gets here. :rolleyes:.

For me, I keep twitch at 720p. The lag, like you said, is indeed not there 80-90% of the time it says it is when recording. I figure the pauses are worth the increased resolution, but others may like it lower to ensure smooth performance. 1:23 is no punk time for the first few laps. That will come down into the teens -- as you know, Spa is easy to drive and very very hard to master. Personally, Spa has always produced the greatest racing online for me. That's not because of me, but because everyone knows it like the back of their hand. It's always close. Remember the GRID race? That was awesome.

So Microsoft found a problem with patch 2.0 for the XBO.... another delay. The new build was apparently submitted to them on Friday. I reckon we are looking at next week now :rolleyes::cautious:./

Oh and the problem was a crash caused by the G920.. yes the wheel from Logitech that hasn't even been given a release date yet!!

I am entirely baffled as to how a company can be so incompetent and brilliant at the same time. If someone knows, please try to explain. I guess this is what happens when right brained people try to run a large corporation. Silicon Valley crashed partly because of this. Thank God for Microsoft though. If they didn't catch this (and who knows -- it could have messed up other fixes as well) we may all have been the worse for wear.

But hey, I'm not going to gripe any more because we seem to be able to race just fine with mics in party or Skype (BTW, I ran with Kevin's people last Sunday night and managed a 4th of about 11 in the last race. We won't talk about the first two. lol) and the racing is the best on the console, in any form in any mode.

But I wanted to say that the Skype idea it good. Works well if you all are skilled in how to use it, unlike me. However, I sort of like divided parties. I've never much liked all being in one party. Real drivers don't talk to each other. They talk to their teammates. Sometimes they talk to spotters. Races will not restart anyway. And practices can be joined. If we have discos or lag, we can see them/it.

So, pit stops will be an adventure in this one. I know what I'm doing. If you get stuck, well, I hate to say it...but you can blame your pit crew. lol. I'm on so late, I can't test the blown engine theory to sufficiently say one way or another it's a contributor. But if anyone can, be my guest.

I am entirely baffled as to how a company can be so incompetent and brilliant at the same time. If someone knows, please try to explain. I guess this is what happens when right brained people try to run a large corporation. Silicon Valley crashed partly because of this. Thank God for Microsoft though. If they didn't catch this (and who knows -- it could have messed up other fixes as well) we may all have been the worse for wear.

But hey, I'm not going to gripe any more because we seem to be able to race just fine with mics in party or Skype (BTW, I ran with Kevin's people last Sunday night and managed a 4th of about 11 in the last race. We won't talk about the first two. lol) and the racing is the best on the console, in any form in any mode.

But I wanted to say that the Skype idea it good. Works well if you all are skilled in how to use it, unlike me. However, I sort of like divided parties. I've never much liked all being in one party. Real drivers don't talk to each other. They talk to their teammates. Sometimes they talk to spotters. Races will not restart anyway. And practices can be joined. If we have discos or lag, we can see them/it.

So, pit stops will be an adventure in this one. I know what I'm doing. If you get stuck, well, I hate to say it...but you can blame your pit crew. lol. I'm on so late, I can't test the blown engine theory to sufficiently say one way or another it's a contributor. But if anyone can, be my guest.
I might be wrong but I seem to remember reading that individual party chats were a problem. Can't remember why exactly but I definitely read it somewhere that having everyone in the same party improves online stability but having several different chats going on caused issues. Worth trying if thats how people want to go I guess but maybe best left for a practice rather than official race.

Never tried Skype myself but if it works great. My only concern would be that it's yet another app running in the background to suck up resource and that is a problem with the Xbox it seems.

Kudos to Microsoft for their diligence.. as you have said who knows what state this would have left the game in if it had made it through. We could be looking at waiting for another patch just to be able to play the game. Just shows you how these things work though.... that wheel isn't even due for release until late Autumn I believe but they still have to make sure they have everything in place ready for it.

Oh boy, i'm really off the pace then. Got another half hour at lunch time to try to find some sort of pace but then have to get myself across to Austin tonight and tomorrow for some F1 practice for Sunday or else i'll be toast in that one too. Such a jet-setting lifestyle for me lol

I like my downforce, I'm running a decent amount Robert even with my fast times. My thought on that is Any gains made on the straights will be lost in sector 2 and that super fast left on the back straight. With that said I think I'm still running enough to make the car turn, just barely.

Must admit I am not normally one for going too low on downforce but will give Roberts suggeston a try. although I feel I may be in the same cam as you Michael with regard to sector 2.

I actually think I am ok through Eau Rouge, I seemed to hit that pretty well yesterday but several places in that second sector I was not too happy with and felt I was having to drop a gear too much to just get around and couldn't carry any speed at all. That chicane near the end of the lap I also have to work on as I was almost at a stand still coming round there. Noticed that the AI pretty much always ran very, very wide on the exit there and used all the run off area before comnig back on track.

Know issue. They are chunks of rubber, like Eric said. The shading is wrong on them although I can tell you that it's pretty accurate if it rains (which is when they go away in game I think. lol.) This will be addressed in the future, but it's not in 2.0, if it ever gets here. :rolleyes:.

For me, I keep twitch at 720p. The lag, like you said, is indeed not there 80-90% of the time it says it is when recording. I figure the pauses are worth the increased resolution, but others may like it lower to ensure smooth performance. 1:23 is no punk time for the first few laps. That will come down into the teens -- as you know, Spa is easy to drive and very very hard to master. Personally, Spa has always produced the greatest racing online for me. That's not because of me, but because everyone knows it like the back of their hand. It's always close. Remember the GRID race? That was awesome.
720p is the highest Twitch setting? I have been leaving mine on the medium one. Looks ok from what I have seen but will trdy the higher setting anyway. Actually despite the lag warnings when I have checked out the exported version on YouTube there are zero problems with it so it seems that lagging message is a bit of a misnomer.

Agree about Spa and yes I do well remember the fun we all had there in Grid Autosport :inlove:. I think it's easier to find improvement in F1 than these cars but maybe thats more down to my greater familiarity with them so it's easier for me to know when and where I can push the car more. The second sector is where I will find most time I feel but whether I have the time to find three seconds which seems to be what I need is another matter. I'll have fun regardless though :thumbsup:.

Reactions: Rob
Well, no great progress made there.. just half a second knocked off. Should have got down into the low 22's at least but kept messing up that chicane leading on to the pit straight, its giving me palpatations lol. Lost time there pretty much every lap. Seems much tighter than I have found before and those kerbs are a killer :O_o:.

Looks like i'll be relying on the rest of you guys taking lumps out of each other to give me a chance of moving up the placings ;)

ccs-2-0-44481000-1410855365.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to the RaceDepartment Friday Night GT League! We are now recruiting league racers to race with us at some of the world’s most prestigious, fastest and trickiest racing venues. If you think you’re quick enough to mix it with the top racers, sign up to our league to race the thoroughbred GT3 race cars. If the GT3 league becomes full, we will set up a junior series of GT4 racing which will be a feeder series into the main league. We visit iconic locations such as Spa-Francorchamps, Imola, Silverstone and many more; so why not join us for great racing in the sport’s newest championship!

What We Want
We are looking for racing talent from anywhere; any country, any age, any ethnicity. If you’re quick enough, and you’re a clean driver, you are welcome here in our league! All we ask is that you follow our forum and racing rules (just common sense) and you turn up to the races! We hope to see you at the pre-season test!

When We Race

We at the RaceDepartment Friday Night GT League, as you may have guessed already, race on Friday nights from 8pm usually, but at the final event of the season, we begin the racing at 7pm because it is a 2 hour endurance race!

Finally
We hope you have a great time in the league! Head over to the Sign-Up thread now to get a seat for the up-coming season.

Last edited:

SIGN-UP

We want you! If you’re a clean racer and you have Project CARS, we will be glad to have you on board! We race… as you may have guessed, on Friday nights with the start time around 8:00pm UK Time. This league is a league dedicated to GT3 cars, with a range of cars able to participate. The only GT3 car we do not allow is the Bentley Continental GT3, as it has a significant performance advantage over the rest of the field. We have an approximate 1 hour 30 minute schedule for the races, however the final race of the season has a 2 hour 30 minute slot as the race is double the length. To see the full calendar, move to the Event Calendar thread. All you have to do is read and obey the Rules and Regulations, choose a car to use, join a team, join a session with one of our experienced racers (@Andrew Holmes, @Adam Morris, @Ben Milden) and turn up on time! Don’t hesitate to sign up below!

Full Name:
PSN ID:*

Teams & Drivers.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • Porsche

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • BMW

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • McLaren

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Toyota

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 11 15.1%