Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hey mate we are all pro’s here ;):laugh:

Hey I dominated that championship. That said, the Merc GT3 felt so OP. I'm not that good a driver to win races by 40 seconds over guys who I know damn well are solid drivers. Hell. Once I have my house sorted. Maybe, just maybe, You'll have yourself another driver. Hell, you have more eyes here already..

When is this race? I won't be taking part, but I'd like to watch

The last 3 tracks have come under criticism for their lack of overtaking, do you expect Bugatti to be any better?
Well I was overtaking lol Bugatti isn’t known for it but had good races there

With 2 rounds left, what is your aim for the end of the season?
P5 I guess which is the most I can expect but considering I was 13th after 3 tracks that’s not bad. All efforts on next season for me

What are your expectations for the Bugatti race?
To finish

The last 3 tracks have come under criticism for their lack of overtaking, do you expect Bugatti to be any better?
There are a couple of places, but probably going to be a lot of hip and shoulder action as well as advantages from corner cutting/extensions.

With 2 rounds left, what is your aim for the end of the season?
Another top 5 would be nice, but unlikely here. Maybe just to outscore jamie and ben and maybe sneak 5th or 6th in the points. However i would also be happy to hokd onto 7th from dean.

What are your expectations for the Bugatti race?
Im about a second off the pace, so maybe 7th would be a realistic result.

Yeah, pretty much had enough now, the car is different in every other session and I physically can not be bothered any more. So I’m going to leave this league for the foreseeable future.

I’m not a big fan of having in game penalties off either and that’s another reason I don’t want to continue.

Thank you for having me for the majority of this season, and if some rules change I may come back. But for now Goodbye & Cheers.

Liam

Yeah, pretty much had enough now, the car is different in every other session and I physically can not be bothered any more. So I’m going to leave this league for the foreseeable future.

I’m not a big fan of having in game penalties off either and that’s another reason I don’t want to continue.

Thank you for having me for the majority of this season, and if some rules change I may come back. But for now Goodbye & Cheers.

Liam
Sorry to see you go mate. I know what you mean about the car feeling different. Mine felt like a boat in the sprint race.
Hopefully see you around.

Well it was a night to forget for me. Had no pace in feature race quali and then disconnected on the grid.
For the sprint race i was on for pole after s1, but lost 3 tenths in the last two sectors, so had to settle for p3. Car felt good though.
Come the race someone obviously stole my splitter and took two cylinders out of my engine as it wouldn't turn or go down the straights. I thought hard but as expected i was p9 and about .6 off of the guys i qualified around.
Suitably disappointed is the right way to describe that, but hopefully indy will be decent.

22730499_1888899374772132_1450451584941029094_n.png

Race Details

• Duration: 2 Hours
  • Race Time: 1pm
  • In game date: 7/2/18
  • Weather: Clear

The Track

img_gpi_track_map.jpg

First race: 1909
Layout changes: 0 (But there are many iterations of the infield course)
2.439 mi (3.925 km) Long
14 Turns
Lap Record: N/A

project-cars-2-indycar-2-jpg.194149

Hotlap

Questions

Entering the final round of Season 7 what was your favourite race and why?

Do you have any regrets about anything you did over the course of this season?

How would you rate your performance this season?

What are your hopes for Season 8?

Now just a little note from myself.

Thank you to each and everyone of you, this 2 and a half years in TNGTC have been the most enjoyable of any league racing I've done. And that's mainly down to the people i share the track with, every week was a challenge, and it just helped me improve, and with the incredible quality of this league, I'm happy to come out of this with 11 wins, almost 70 podiums and 4 (Maybe 5) Teams titles, but thankfully you all were kind enough, and gave me enough of a chance and all the help i needed to develop from the rookie that i was back in Sonoma in season 1, Especially Adam and Ben who always made sure i fit in and made me feel welcome from day 1. But after 6 full seasons i figured now is the right time for me to take a break, so i look forward to next Thursday, revving up at those lights and racing you all one more time, but hopefully not for the last time. So with this, i will hopefully see you all in a season or 2 to go and do it all over again!

- Liam

1. Questions

Entering the final round of Season 7 what was your favourite race and why?
    Bathurst Feature had pace car was performing for once and got 2nd

Do you have any regrets about anything you did over the course of this season?
    @Scooby555

How would you rate your performance this season?
    My pace is always bang on the leaders a few people tell me these things and that’s good to no but starting last and being 13th after 3 rounds to potential take 5th in the championship is not bad so 7/10

What are your hopes for Season 8?
    Myself and Dean are a great team we’ve spent a bunch of time testing cars and settled on the Mercedes AMG so if we are not pushing for titles we have done something wrong I think it’s a possibility

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back