Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Entering the final round of Season 7 what was your favourite race and why?

I've enjoyed the majority of the races this season, so hard to pick a specific favourite.
Brands Hatch is definitely a favourite as I won.
However despite Brno being my worst feature race, I actually really enjoyed driving around it. Anyone who raced with me in PCars 1 must be in shock that I've just said this :roflmao:.
Battling Gaz last time out at Bugatti was also alot of fun.

Do you have any regrets about anything you did over the course of this season?

Spinning in early stages of races has been frustrating, didn't cost me the championship but definitely didn't help my chances. Next season I will aim to eliminate silly spins from over driving the car or forgetting the Audi doesn't like hard engine braking over bumps.
Of course with hindsight there will be stuff we wish we done differently, like pitting on a different lap or holding your breath and making that move. However there's not much I regret in terms of race strategy and race craft.

How would you rate your performance this season?

My feature races have been amazing. Only being off the podium once due to a first lap spin.
Sprint races on the other hand have been hit and miss. Starting last every race hasn't helped my cause, but my efficiency of getting to the front compared to Gaz and Adam hasn't been great. I've also been more prone to mistakes, which need addressed.
Overall 8.9 out of 10.

What are your hopes for Season 8?

As a team, I'll like to move forward with my teammate Adam and progress our development with our setup. We started with the Audi at Fuji last season, and struggled to find the right balance. This mostly being ECU issues. But over time and release of new patches, we've made the Audi into a potential race winning car at every race. Our late race pace has been excellent in recent races. Hopefully next season we will gather the majority of wins and win both titles :coffee:
#MercedesNotAllowed2Win

Just to point out there is a poll on this weeks race thread

Jump starts have been an issue since season 1 and it’s something that I’ve been annoying Adam with all season and it was further highlighted by Gaz in the feature race at Bugatti

How we police it is the issue we’ve all done it that’s for sure but of course it can gain you a lot of time so with this in mind we created a poll

We tested the jump start detection in game and it works perfectly so if you want that we can select 2 types of penalty

10 seconds added to your race time (game does this not us)

Drive through penalty game requests you do it

I myself was victim to a jump start in another league race but I couldn’t argue it was completely right

If you want us drivers to be the eyes and all you have to do is put in the stewards: Ben Milden possible jump start. The stewards will then investigate

The last option is to keep it the same and trust each other

Probably either Algarve sprint (My win) or Zolder feature, an awesome 1-2 which involved a daring on the limit move on Benji

Lack of practice in some rounds, when i put the effort in i do way better than some rounds.

6.5/10, maybe 7/10 at a push.

To hopefully do some good commentary

I can only really choose my win at nurburgring. First pole, podium and win.

Regret nothing, but maybe a different car.

Generally wasn't as good as i'd have wanted, but got a few firsts this season. Overall i suppose my pace was a bit better so, 7.5/8 seems suitable.

When im there i hope to challenge for the top 5 more often and maybe a couple of podiums.

Above there is a poll on an important issue that was again raised at Bugatti. I’ve had a few of you ask me about this so here you go vote away thanks

As I have only played Pcars one, but still remember the start system from it. What are the issues with jump starts. Is it a case of you have penalties off so you have to trust the people to start on time or it penalises automatically so it's flawed?

As I have only played Pcars one, but still remember the start system from it. What are the issues with jump starts. Is it a case of you have penalties off so you have to trust the people to start on time or it penalises automatically so it's flawed?

Basically we don’t want track limits or manual pit stops as these things have a history of glitches. Luckily the jump start feature is separate from these so can now be used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 483 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 295 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 148 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.3%
Back