PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

codemasters like searching for small weak devs making great simulators and trying to buy them rights to games to make tis simulators "still sim but simplified" like they know game has great name and bring buyers thinking its still a sim, but its not how they make them games. i so hate them i wish them bankrupt i so hate them for what they did to my pCARS xD like if Microsoft was small devs codemasters for sure woul try to buy Microsoft flying simulator 2020 and made it... yo know what they would make it to be XD

By far the weirdest design decision of this game is that every car sounds like a rusty jalopy. I mean
were they thinking?! It sounds like every car has 100 year old rusty suspension. It sounds like rusty old shackles or like an old rusty barn door hinge :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: CC
One thing I really like about the gaming (and simracing) community these days is how alien concepts like exaggeration and hyperbole are to them, and how reasonable they can be. It's a welcome breath of fresh air, really.
Did you read what I wrote? I noted how its structured to be an excessively tedious grind given the low payouts and size of the car roster. For a game thats meant to be easily accessible, this quite a contradiction to everything else going on. My guess is either incompetent oversight, or there is a future intent to sell in-game currency packs. Nice try with that dismissive non-response though.

Did you read what I wrote?
Not really, I wasn't really interested what you had to say next, following the ridiculous intro I quoted.

And yes, it's an arcade racer, with all that comes with it. That includes the things you're describing. It's nothing new. These "do races to progress in a career" games have always been grindy and trying to make the career mode last as long as possible. Some more, some less, but they've all done this. It's not exclusive to f2p mobile games. If anything, it's where the f2p mobile games got it from.

Did not try to drive all tracks in reverse. Not sure you can.

I had a great moment yesterday with an Aston Martin Vintage in Willow Springs. It felt so realistic, powerful car but very heavy, i made a few mistakes with a bad line. I finished in the back.
In front of me all the pad players drifting like crazy. I can't do that with my Mc Laren GT3 wheel.

They should not mix pad players and wheel players in multiplayer mode.

Last edited:
I don't want to hate on SMS. They get a lot of that from all around the web, but I am disappointed with PC3. There is no real optimization for pc. It looks inferior to PC1 and PC2 and AMS2. There needs to be some serious patching to make this work. Why is the sky so blown out? Why is the volume so low? Why advertise in game LiveTrack 3.0 and Project CARS Pro before races that are only 3 laps. It looks unfinished. I picked the last avatar and when he raises his fist in the air his armpit is see through. Why do I have to save replays just to watch them? And since you can't pit you can't really damage your car, but that doesn't matter the race will be over in a minute and you can just restart. You can't move the decals around or resize them. You can't fine tune the color of your paint. The racing stripes can't even go straight down the hood of the car. The only thing I like about customizing is that I can change tire brands, rims and that I can color the rims. That's the only positive thing I can say at this point, because the graphics look so bad I can't tell you if the new tracks look good. Because the races are so short I can't tell you if the feel of the cars is good. Because of the new UI I don't know if I'm missing something that will magically transform this into something fun. To paraphrase, if PC1 and 2 are like Alien and Aliens then PC3 is like Alien 3.

cought. ( for the reader: THEM is Reiza / AMS2 )
Someone with knowledge about the series , and therefore have eligibility to give useful comments, should know, there is NO Interlagos and NO Jerez in pCARS1/2.
No, no. You've got confused with what I'm saying. I'm fairly certain I had read that Reiza gave SMS those assets. As in they have a back and forth relationship. You realise your the only one here being a bit rude. I'd probably calm down a bit mate, and go outside a bit more maybe? There's a big wide world out there :)

1 year now fourth disappointment
- GTR3 never released???
- ACC endless hotfixes
- R3E 2019 upgrade from good realistic simulation to arcade??? God help us!!!
- PC3 arcade game

So sad year for HC simracers, they totally forget us, so sad year

That's why I disagree these so much atm.

Please put together 1 good perfect game including Arcade and Simulation mode with all the best features available
- GPL degree of difficulty for simulation mode
- GTR2 Main menu
- Rfactor 2 + GTR 2 + AC physics and tire modeling
- AC graphics engine

Plus add all the tracks and cars you can ever found. Huge project but would be perfect. Also my hope is to have setup window where I can see changes I just did, visual setup, you should see full 3D chassis when you do some changes to suspension etc.

If you big game houses cannot create this monster simulation so maybe I should do it by myself?

GPL degree of difficulty for simulation mode
again the old myth of "simulation must be hard to be real" which has already been debunked so many times. racing cars are for the most part made to be "easy" to drive, the real challenge is not being capable of driving them but being able to extract the best performance out of them.
- ACC endless hotfixes
a dev studio that keeps on fixing a product is something bad for you?
what are you even talking about?

Last edited:
1 year now fourth disappointment
- GTR3 never released???
- ACC endless hotfixes
- PC3 arcade game

So sad year for HC simracers, they totally forget us, so sad year

That's why I disagree these so much atm.

Please put together 1 good perfect game including Arcade and Simulation mode with all the best features available
- GPL degree of difficulty for simulation mode
- GTR2 Main menu
- Rfactor 2 + GTR 2 + AC physics and tire modeling
- AC graphics engine

Plus add all the tracks and cars you can ever found. Huge project but would be perfect. Also my hope is to have setup window where I can see changes I just did, visual setup, you should see full 3D chassis when you do some changes to suspension etc.

If you big game houses cannot create this monster simulation so maybe I should do it by myself?
Should we not mention the issues with hardware??
VR owners spend hundreds of hours tweacking to get a decent framerate?
Really frustrating hobby. Thanks god I did not spend thousands for DD wheel.
I just hope in 3 years time RF2 will be matured :D

Should we not mention the issues with hardware??
VR owners spend hundreds of hours tweacking to get a decent framerate?
Really frustrating hobby. Thanks god I did not spend thousands for DD wheel.
I just hope in 3 years time RF2 will be matured :D
No issues with my DD2 best purchase I ever made here’s my honest feedback.
unknown.png

Only 1 way way to explain it

belt drive semi-simulation-simracing
direct-drive full-simulation-simracing

sad to say but the direct drive wheels have now changed everything.

No issues with my DD2 best purchase I ever made here’s my honest feedback.
unknown.png

Only 1 way way to explain it

belt drive semi-simulation-simracing
direct-drive full-simulation-simracing

sad to say but the direct drive wheels have now changed everything.
No thanks, I enjoy my TS-PC and to be honest I don't feel guilty if I don't play a racing simulator for 2 months.. I would having a DD :D

again the old myth of "simulation must be hard to be real" which has already been debunked so many times. racing cars are for the most part made to be "easy" to drive, the real challenge is not being capable of driving them but being able to extract the best performance out of them.

a dev studio that keeps on fixing a product is something bad for you?

what are you even talking about?
You take this too seriously, it is just a game man!

Yeah, ACC was too early access, after the release about 1000 hotfixes already released and it's not yet finished, every time you wanna drive you must download XXX GB size patch, R3E is similar nowdays, every time I decited to try it I must wait until fix installed??? It is like old Windows XP.

GTR2 have only one official update package since it was released 2006, Simbin made it so good! If you buy new car, would you like to repair it every week, no. Buy new Volkswagen and you will know what is crappy quality.

You take this too seriously, it is just a game man!

Yeah, ACC was too early access, after the release about 1000 hotfixes already released and it's not yet finished, every time you wanna drive you must download XXX GB size patch, R3E is similar nowdays, every time I decited to try it I must wait until fix installed??? It is like old Windows XP.

GTR2 have only one official update package since it was released 2006, Simbin made it so good! If you buy new car, would you like to repair it every week, no. Buy new Volkswagen and you will know what is crappy quality.
you have a pretty weird concept of simracing, or videogames in general for that matter.
it's 2020 dude, the entire videogames industry has changed a bit since 2006.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

i agree even pro drivers tellin this problem wit sims tey too hard compared to real life. i remember watchin pro drivers rant iracing videos and someone even told "maybe pcars2 handling was not that bad"? xD tey was usin real telemetry , seta tyre model made by real racing engineer. Tyres were bending there and so good temperature changing. but its all gone now with pCARS3

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.8%