PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the video that proves Project cars 2 is inferior than Project cars 3?
You are blind ?
The only way i know to compare graphics is to display them with max settings when they give their best.
That's what you see (except the mirror).

By the way i will not comment more reviews posted on youtube, most of them are dishonest and say wrong things.
The one you pointed says that the tarmac's texture has not been reworked when most of them have been.(facepalm)

So you don't like it, don't buy it. According to the multiplayer rooms, a lot of people are enjoying it.
It's a Fun SIM not a Pure SIM. That's all.

P2.png

P3.png

P2.png

P3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I don't think so. You can play games if you wanna, it's easy but not challenging in any way, see this:

This is HC simracing (see GPL video below), you just can't drive flat out until you learned how to drive these monsters! It will take months to learn how to drive fast with this sim, that's why most of you do not like it, you do not have time to learn, you wanna beat Hamilton immediately because you wanna be hero number1!

Seriously, how long does it take to get F1 driving position, long time, normally years, you have to drive years karting, smaller formula cars etc. It's is a long way. So why simracing should be easier? I just tested official F1 2019 game and it was ridiculous, anyone can drive it fast, what is the point of that?

GPL driving, yeah, this is the best sim ever made, it is too difficult for most of "simracers" so that's why you do not like it. Okay, it is old, I myself do not drive it so often nowdays because of AC etc. but GPL separates good and bad drivers best. Last time I tested it this summer and it works fine in Win 10.

You wanna learn more? See this, see especially last minutes how McLaren guy reprimands Bono Huis after they just adored Greger Huttu, the one of the fastest GPL driver ever.
I'm not playing GPL because I have no interest in a rudimentary simulator from 1998 about old F1 cars, I never played it and I doubt I ever will.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

but tell me hows ffb compared to pcars2? is it worst or better? ffb is most important thing in racing game an yo all talkin abous graphics or physics. jimmer told ffb in worse than pcars2 but how can he tell? i saw him real life driving an he was scared to drive he play too much assetto corsa. so he may have wrong ffb definition.?
i tell yo even i was tellin physic so important they need to macth virtual car to drive like same real car. but now i know it doesnt matter as ffb is most important to tell yo what car doin and teach yo to transfer yo sim driving skills into real driving skills. imagine they make opel corsa and renault clio in game, they want to make 100% accurate opel corsa, but they makin it closer to renault clio in real life. yo driving opel corsa in sim and thats exactly like yo driving renault clio in real life. is opel corsa accurate 100% in sim to real life? no but if yo drive opel corsa in sim then go onto real track in renault clio yo feel same way as in sim, then yo get into opel corsa in real life and yo telling it feels totally different than in sim. So it may be with other cars like f1 from 2010 in sim may be most comparable to drivin f1 2020 in real life, as its hard to match 100% each car. but with both cars drivin in sim it transfers to yo real life skills , i mean do car understeers in sim? yo learn how to not understeer, do cars oversteers in sim? yo learn how to countersteer, yo lock yo tyres under braking in sim? yo learn how to unlock them by releasing grake, and yo teach yoself that in real life then yo makin all those corrections in split second, it becomes natural to yo, yo not even think about it. so its not important how physics is, each car has different physics, some oversteers earlier some later, some take corners faster than others. its not matter yo driving nissan gtr in sim an yo think yo will drive nissan gtr same way in real life, if yo schoolin yoself in nissan gtr, maybe this sim yo driving nissan gtr but it feel more like mitsubishi lancer in real life? but both cars feel different but whats the same yo teaching yoself how to quicker react to different understeers , oversteers etc and its all same reactions in sims and real life, but different with different car, but they are the same thing. all yo need to have good in sim is ffb its most important so did they improved it compared to pcars2? i had delue edition bought it was downloaded at 30% then i sam mixed calsses that yo cant drive all gt3 races but yo get mixed gt3 wit v8 supercars, and i refunded it it rage. cause physics not so important at ffb and to make realistic classes, realistic events etc same as in real life, its easy to do, and they not even want to make that realistic

• Deleted member 963434

they took fuel from us, we told ok, they took pit stops from us we told ok, they took tyre temps we still told ok. they took all this from us and we told ok we just wanted better ffb. and i dont know hows ffb in pcars3, we told ok when tey introduced tis stupid upgrades for xp, we even told ok when tey took qualy away from us, but now tey also took realistic classes from us, no more gt3 racing now yo must race gt3 car agains v8 supercar, them car would never met in one race. as i told its hard to imitate same car 100% in sim as in real life, but to imitate 100% car classes in sim as in real life is so easy we have it in pcars2 and now tey even dont want such easy thing to be realistic.

I bought it, added rudamentary Crew Chief support (will be in the next CC release), played for 15 minutes, and refunded it.

I know 15 minutes isn't long enough to get a feel for the handling and tweak the FFB. I'm quite fond of arcade racers and don't need everything to be a sim so the infantile presentation, grating "music", lack of fuel / tyres / pits and the XP chasing really don't bother me at all if the underlying game is fun.

What I can't live with is the appalling VR performance. 20ms+ frame times in the menu, even more in the race despite looking awful just make it incredibly uncomfortable to play. SMS describe it as "class leading VR" but this total lies. And their record for fixing the issues with pCars2 isn't exactly stellar, so I'm happy to walk away from this one.

It's disappointing - I was looking forward to having a VR racer that was more immediate and less demanding for days when I just want to bezz around and trade paint. Glad I made my own mind up though - a lot of the reviews are ripping it to bits a bit too enthusiastically.

I just bought it and configured my Fanatec CSW2, Heusinkveld Sprint, SymProjects fan, Oculus Rift S VR and NLR V3motion platform, which was easy. What can I say; I love simracing but am not too dead exclusive about it, so I actually had a lot of fun with the arcade-like driving and the cool environments in PC3. The game crashed here and there and surely needs some fine-tuning, also needs better FFB, but overall happy with the purchase and liking it for being another good fun application for my simracing gear. I had no problems with VR, but possible that's due to my hardware, 1080ti and Ryzen 3700.

Anyone worked out a way to move the seat position. Triple screen settings are excellent, like previous games, but I'd like to be able to adjust the seating position in each car.
Ok, someone over on the discord posted that if you press control + k, you can then use the numpad to alter the seating position. It does work but is a little limited. They also claim hitting control + k twice once you are finished saves the position. That didn't work for me.

Also worth watching this vid to improve the look of the game.

Last edited:
Perhaps he should have updated his driver first.

I have no aliasing issue with supersampling but of course i'm using the last Nvidia driver. lol

FFB is better than Pcars 2 IMO (concerning the GT cars).

Last edited:
A great VR Review video and a reasonably well balanced thoughts...although I personally think the general Car Audio is much improved over PC2 only with some cars audio sounding a little weak, based on my audio set up, so hopefully a future update will improve things ;):)

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%