Project Grindelwald

Tracks Project Grindelwald 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Kuwaku17 submitted a new resource:

Project Grindelwald - The classic Gran Turismo 2 track re-made for AC

This is an original track from Gran Turismo 2 that I wanted to play in assetto corsa.
I made it entirely using Blender, Krita and Gimp.
Due this is a very early version (v 0.1) of the track, it has a lot of issues which I'm going to fix for next versions:

- Sector 1 turn 2 bumpy.
- Also Sector 2 in the train station another bumpy zone.
- Buggy trees and shadows.
- No texture for some objects.
- A lot of holes in beside the track.
- No cameras yet.
- No AI created.
- Lack of detail on the...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, so since this is coinciding with me replaying GT2 again, I feel like I need to give some feedbacks, though considering it's still in very alpha stage there's not much I can say....

Layout-wise, considering I'm driving this without visual cues like the houses on the side of the track, it's a fairly accurate layout, if not a bit rather wide.

The elevations are kinda nice but sometimes a bit too extreme like the backstretch at the top of the hill, then again considering this track never got the proper "remaster" beyond GT2, I don't mind if you play with a bit of freedom....

I think that's all I can say, again since your track is in very alpha stage. We're looking with great interest in what you can improve from here....

Also, why there are ghosts on the main stretch and in the pit exit...?
1634651999530.png

Kuwaku17 updated Project Grindelwald with a new update entry:

Project Grindelwald

An update of one of my beloved tracks of Gran Turismo and which I am working to make true someday.

Important stuff:

So about the updates and fixes of this version in the following list:
- Fixed buggy trees and added another type of tree.
- Pitlane improved, fixed the start and the ending, plus added more slots for cars.
- A basic IA, it works just that. It needs a lot of work.
- Added Cameras. They're ok. They could be modified...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The last update brings very much "GT-ness" to it and the last section is very similar to what I can remember to the GT2 version, which is a great pro.

Notes: elevation changes are maybe too much and walls try to catch the car and send it to the shadow realm.

Grindelwald is based on a real world location, so here's some images (and therefore Google Maps locations) of it

Grindelwald is based on a real world location, so here's some images (and therefore Google Maps locations) of it
Thanks for the links, It will be helpful at the moment of the houses modeling and also the background(I have chosen a map near but not of the city).
walls try to catch the car and send it to the shadow realm.
I guess it will be solved next time.

Thanks for your references !

Grindelwald v0.30 is here!

Here it goes the new version of this amazing track from Gran Turismo, there is nothing relevant to describe that you already know about the track. Just my gratitude for those who commented the last update and gave me a lot of feedback to improve the track until this version.

But well, there's a lot of work which I have to do yet, and I'm glad to have more free time right now to keep modeling this track.

No more time to words, straight to the point. About the updates I'll just write some...

Coming along nicely!
Overally contrast and exposure both seem very high on my system compared to most other tracks, and the signs/billboards get blown out in any form of direct sun (ksDiffuse too high maybe?) but the track is already great fun to drive and evokes some nice fluffy Gran Turismo memories.
Can't wait to see it with the mountains properly rendered.
Keep it up, good stuff!

Yep, I think the exposure definitely might be too high.
Adding:

[SOL]
EXPOSURE_FIX=0.6

... to the config makes it look more natural and more in line with other tracks on my system and helps a little with the blown-out signage and contrast too.

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate your help! I added this value, and seems more natural like you said. Anyway I'll check shader values later (because I feel the shadows too hard). ;)
Yes, shadows do seem very dark and perhaps the baked-in shadows on the tree textures are too dark too, so maybe reducing the contrast and/or lightening the tree textures would help?

Yes, shadows do seem very dark and perhaps the baked-in shadows on the tree textures are too dark too, so maybe reducing the contrast and/or lightening the tree textures would help?
Recently I lowered the diffuse mainly to 0.1 and increased a bit the ambient value, it seems to be ok right now, but who knows.

1637065440990.png

Update time, Grindelwald v0.45 released!

A new update for this classical GT track after weeks. I tried to take more time than before just to make a release of this beautiful track with more quality trying to adjust and modify the track day by day.

As I wrote in my "todo" list, I made the layout B of the this racetrack and instead of just sitting in my chair placidly just keep doing the main track itself and the B variant, I added a new layout. The C variant, so this is an update with huge of content for me that of course I want...

Man since the last time I visited the track, a lot has changed in just few build versions I almost didn't recognize it, in a good way that is. Your attempt to "modernize" this mostly overlooked GT track is absolutely commendable, and even adding two extra layouts which PD never got to make is just knocking it out of the ballpark. Simply fantastic job!

Some minor nitpick, though :
The maps are still not properly "PNG" enough when displaying it using MapDisplay, tho I will help you by providing these "fixed" maps for each layouts.
map.png
map.png
map.png

And maybe some braking markers for certain corners...? Find it a bit difficult when trying to find my braking spot at first few laps. Though I believe you only need two of them for T1 and T11 hairpin respectively for the normal layout.

But other than that it's nothing but great job. We'll keep following the development with great interest....

And maybe some braking markers for certain corners
I just was wondering how much of the "nature essence" of the track I'm going to risk to make it more racing looking. But more or less signs are not going to change so much the view . So I agree with you. I'm going to do it next time. Thanks.

I will help you by providing these "fixed" maps for each layouts.
I really don't know what's happening with it! I mean I tried to solve it before, but well. Anyway, thank you I'm going to use those ones.

I just was wondering how much of the "nature essence" of the track I'm going to risk to make it more racing looking. But more or less signs are not going to change so much the view . So I agree with you. I'm going to do it next time. Thanks.
Tbf you don't need large braking markers if you're concerned about the general view of the track, at least make it visible yet small enough, something like those markers on street circuits.
No need to make it super visible tho, just enough to let people know that, "okay, maybe I should start braking at 2nd braking marker board at this corner" or something like that....
1640411765503.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.5%