AC Question on start time for U.S. events. (Those interested in EDT events post here)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The other issue to remember is the people who are in the middle and have a choice will likely go to the events with more people. This was also proven before. I would try to get a list of only those who can NOT participate in regular events, this will give a better idea of what the participation will actually be. Not trying to be a bubble burster, just want to make sure this doesn't turn out the same way it did last time with several races with no sign ups.

So assume that you will have entirely different race times. Moving the race slightly will only exclude people who are currently able to participate. Rather than listing the latest you can race, just give a range of times which are ideal. We will find the happy medium that will work for (hopefully) everyone on the east coast (or anyone else who can not race with current times), so that we can get everyone racing without sacrificing current regulars.

Ok not last post, ya know it's kinda like starting a business, you might have to deal with low turn out on the east coast time for a while till it builds up, word of mouth proves to be pretty effective.

I really don't have dog in this fight but It might allow late comers to join even right up to race time, which might help west coasters a little, I don't know. This is my last post on this, I am literally in the middle, LOL.

Its not quite as simple as that however, there is a lot of drawbacks for the drop in mode. The booking was designed with things like the clubs and leagues in mind. Its really ideal for it. There will however be sprint races coming soon on the weekends, those will be with the drop in mode so people can come and go as they please.

Nor do I. I'm just try to see if we can muster a group to race at a time I can participate in during the week.

@Ryan Ogurek, I'm curious to know what the drawbacks to drop in mode are? Thanks!

To clarify, I wasn't suggesting Ryan should start doing some east coast event. Just that if somebody were to start one, they might have to deal with low turn out for a while

Nor do I. I'm just try to see if we can muster a group to race at a time I can participate in during the week.

@Ryan Ogurek, I'm curious to know what the drawbacks to drop in mode are? Thanks!
Primarily, its a lot of work. An entry has to be made for each individual slot. Works fine for setting up a server and leaving it, or doing a small event with a few drivers, but not so much for daily large races. Also, with the drop in mode you can not specify your livery. You are simply given the skin that is assigned to the slot you are given. It still has some kinks to work out.

If you have an hour long booking, once you have made your booking, you are good. Even if you turn off your pc you will remain booked in, and you can jump in anytime up to race start. So the booking system is quite effective for regular club events.

Thanks Ryan. For me liveries aren't that big a deal, but I know a lot of people spend a great amount of effort on them and should be able to show them off :thumbsup:

And just so everyone knows, the last thing I want to see is attendance dropping for an existing U.S. race night because of this effort. In my humble opinion, it would be best if we ran on a night when there wasn't an existing U.S. series going.

There's enough servers available to us to run two separate servers that overlap. So it doesn't even have to be different nights, just needs to cater to those who can not currently participate. Truthfully, the current format of the races is something we have come to as a group. Its changed slightly since these races started to meet everyones needs. Being that as it is, I don't see that changing. Try to find what works for you guys, whatever that is, and we will do what we can to make that happen. Generally the cut off for club races should be 8, but we do often let it slide to 6 being a smaller group than the EU. Keep in mind, thats for each race, and not everyone will race every time. But, we can set up events by request, and for that there is no minimum.

This thread does seem to be gaining some traction rather quickly, and there is new license applications every day. So I do think regular events will happen eventually, the question is: is there enough participation now? And if not, lets start making events on a "as possible" basis, for those we have now.

There's enough servers available to us to run two separate servers that overlap. So it doesn't even have to be different nights, just needs to cater to those who can not currently participate. Truthfully, the current format of the races is something we have come to as a group. Its changed slightly since these races started to meet everyones needs. Being that as it is, I don't see that changing. Try to find what works for you guys, whatever that is, and we will do what we can to make that happen. Generally the cut off for club races should be 8, but we do often let it slide to 6 being a smaller group than the EU. Keep in mind, thats for each race, and not everyone will race every time. But, we can set up events by request, and for that there is no minimum.

This thread does seem to be gaining some traction rather quickly, and there is new license applications every day. So I do think regular events will happen eventually, the question is: is there enough participation now? And if not, lets start making events on a "as possible" basis, for those we have now.

All right!

Let's start with a picking a night.

@Tom Moore, @Ernest Aubert, @Mihaly Marton, @Jeff Lasecki, @Fred Locklear, @Matt Horst how about next Wednesday night, booking at 8:00 P.M. Eastern, Practice at 9:00 P.M. Eastern ...

Any car/track preferences for the first kick at the can?

Did a test and I think this will be a fun combination, Ferrari 458 Italia Stage 3 @ Blackwood.

You get to use 7th gear :D and there's a nice combination of low and medium speed corners.
8:00 P.M. Eastern - Booking
9:00 P.M. Eastern - Practice
9:30 P.M. Eastern - Qualifying
9:45 P.M. Eastern - Race 20 laps (should give us about a 20 minute race)

It's a pretty short track (1:14 ish lap times), so a half hour of practice should be enough time to learn it if you can't get on track before hand. Open to suggestions on the timeline.

@Ryan Ogurek will set up a server and thread for us if we want to go ahead with this.

Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

Great Combo, Sign me up.

Update: Replied in correct post

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 192 67.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 131 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.6%
Back