RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qual: Pole - Finish: 3rd

I didnt have my car in gear when the lights went and got swamped down to T1,Bob went for it at T1 nudging D. Lemon out a bit and he got a tank slapper going as i arrived beside him and we bounced off each other a bit,no big deal as we went round T2 side by side,and arrived at T3 almost the same,i would be happy to go round the whole lap side by side with a racer like D. Lemon safe in the knowledge we probably would never touch cars :).....unfortunately the other driver steaming in 2 places back is not of the same calibre and duly came piling in sending me off towards Mugello...also creates a nice piece of mayhem in the process,he continues on his way happy in 8th place......i crawl out the dust down in 14th i think??,and enjoy some big big racing battles with lots of people clawing up to 3rd and on the back bumper of my team mate Nige in 3rd with Bob in the lead now tantalisingly in sight,but at the chicane of doom when im following Nige close he gets all sidey on and lary and i have to some avoid work that helps me say hello to the tyre-crete barriers,i thought it was a race over impact with almost the whole front of my car flying off.
Back to 5th and now in a sorry state of a pulling hard right Mini....worst of it was my top speed took a heavy knock,down those straights is where i was making hay at that track,but no more...pits went good and out in 3rd with Bob close ahead,he punished me down that back straight though,then i punished myself again at the same place which made the car now pull slightly left :D...and hurt the speed more,no matter how much i pushed and made a bit of ground it got cancelled out on straight.
Well done Nige mate and good job Bob.
Cheers Yves and RD :good:.

Looks like I had a disco. I had some serious lag problems although the practice and qualifying were OK for me in that regard. In the first lap there were cars on the side but it looked clear to me but a car appeared in front of me as I was accelerating and I smacked it pretty hard. My apologies. Surprised to see the car could still drive and immediately changed my pit strategy to go in on the next lap.

Came out and let people through but I had a hard time w/ Olaf as first he was there then he wasn't - well, you get the picture. About the time I decided I should retire the scoring stopped anyway.

Nice track - hope everybody had some fun.

yeah Bill .K i had lag probs to ,never had them b4 .nonetheless i had a shocker ,and drove like an old tart ! just couldnt do anything right .
thanks to those who organised the event and my fellow competitors .see you all next week
regards
olly
ps
thanks William for your help and of course the borrowed paint job :beer::beer:

Nice racing all. :thumb:

Not the best event for me. It was looking pretty good in Race 1, but then I clipped the bump on the second-last corner. All downhill from there. :disapointed: Race 2 wasn't much better. Second-last, and no points for either race.

Nice racing though. As a parting shot, here's a screenie that sums up Race 1 pretty well for me...

capture_2009-02-21_12-37-55.jpg

Rhys :rotfl:

Well poo,
I love this track, but decided to give the honda a try and got home late for practice.
I loaded Yves setup - thanks Yves - and did a few laps, very stable - but the gearing was way lower than the Pug setup that I have my PB with here. For Qualy I changed the gearing which worked out ok, but for the races I was all over the place. No concentration and what not, but oh well it was a fun race anyway.
Very sorry Warren for the race two bump, I just wasn't myself tonight. I did notice a lag or two myself, I will ask the server admin about this.
Thankyou to all for putting 15 guys on the grid! STCC RULES!!!!!!

congrats podium guys, and Keith for the double win!

Good news, these STCC series events just keep growing in numbers. Still lots of interesting fun too.

Reverted back to the trusty Volvo C30 for this, since I had no time to practice and get a setup.

Qualy time was ok, but still only good for P7 as everyone was extremely close.

Race 1: After the usual "incidents", I dodged most of the sliding cars to move to P3 by the end of lap1. I was quicker than Raphael in front, who seemed to be having handling problems in certain spots, but couldn't find a clean pass. Lap 5, I managed a pass and opened a small gap before the pitstop. Overshot my pit marker and had to reverse into it. Came out just in front of Raphael but the car handling had changed hugely with the front tyre change, causing me to make some basic mistakes. This put Marty hot on my tail, but he outbraked himself and left me to comfortably finish P2.

Race 2: Actually got a good start but became boxed in. Entering turn 1, William got all crossed up and onto the grass, not much braking grip there Willi :laugh2: . Willi was now a passenger on a sliding torpedo and managed to pick me out of the crowd, spinning me around and causing some mayhem behind. No problem Willi, it happens to the best occasionally. :hug-right:
This dropped me to P11. Had some nice racing with Olly for a bit, until he graciously let me through. :beer: Then had some close racing with Michael, and later Michel to finish P6.

Thanks to all who raced, very enjoyable again, and great to see the numbers continuing to grow. This STCC series is starting to become an institution here now. :)

Once again the field, and the competition bred from the STCC/US/Aus combination was amazing.

Quali: Managed to squeek out the pole with a PB of 1:01.01x (which I did not think I would do seeing as Yves and Marty were really in fine form today)

Race #1:

Got a clean start and noticed a mix up behind me, and pulled a slight lead which slowly grew as I had clear track in front of me. With a perfect stop an no mistakes I was able to secure race #1 for the win. Grats to Warren for a wicked run into 2nd and to Yves who recovered from an early race incident with a well timed pit stop.

Race #2

Got away slow (dumped the clutch), with a few slow off the line in front, I lost a spot and fell to 9th. I proceeded to push myself to the outside for T1/T2 combo and found myself on the outside in 6th and looking to get around the outside of Marty which wouldve had me sitting in 4th. I just tapped marty's bumper and this allowed Yves and Michael to remain in front, and I slotted into 6th behind Yves who was behind Michael.

Very first lap around the right hander I nearly flipped on my own.

At the end of lap #1 Yves got by Michael into T1. I got a run on Michael headed into T5 and went wide which allowed him back inside. (nice move very clean michael) Headed down the hill into T9 michael went wide which let me get inside and stuck the pass. Now in 5th behind Yves Im pushing to catch up at the end of lap 2. Into T1 on lap 3 Marcel got in hot while Adam broke early and a tap from behind put them both off. This allowed Marty to take the lead with Yves behind. For the next few laps we were evenly matched and in close quarters. I felt I was about .2-.3 a lap quicker on my own so I decided to gamble with a real early pit stop rather then attempt to pass both Yves and Marty (which is hard on a normal track) then I pitted lap 6. When I came out I was in 6th place and pushed hard and nailed my PB of the day 1:01.012 and as I came around for lap 10 I passed Yves with a 2 sec gap and 4 laps to complete. While trying to not make any mistakes I continued to pusht o deep into T1 which put Yves withing .9 of me for the final lap. Luckily I was able to hold him off to complete the Triple which has eluded me since I joined RD.

I was able to score my first Pole, and double win. Normally I mess something up.

Thanks to Willi for organizing, RD for hosting, and to all the fans of STCC who came out.

Grats to Warren, and Yves for roudning out the top 3, and to Michael and the Michels for a job well done.

Keith Barrick

Attachments

• 2wheellap1.JPG
    2wheellap1.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 167
Ok this is the second time I am writing this because the 1st time was on my wifes Mac-Crap computer that lost everything I wrote before the Post. Have I ever said how much I dislike computers and now Mac.Anyway its not the computer we all know that.

Great racing tonight.
Hoped to get below 101 in quali but missed every mark needed to do that. Ended up well down the grid.

Race 1 started ok until I bumped Marcel turn 1 and we both lost a couple of spots. I think we both made back those spots and a few more by the end of the 1st lap. Went into pit 1 lap after Marcel and came out right behind Warren who was in 2nd. Yves was right behind me. Gave Warren some good pressure for several laps but he never faltered. Then I overcooked the 1st turn and hit the sand box. Yves went by for 3rd and I chased for the last 2 laps but only held even. Ended up 4th

Race 2 made ok start and after a couple of laps found myself in 1st with Yves close behind. Went into pit around lap 8 and came out just behind Keith. As we came down the front Straight Yves was on exit from pit and came out behind Keith. I fixated too long on Yves and overcooked the 1st turn again into the sand box. Big Dummy. Ok got going still in 3rd with Adam behind in 4th. Chased hard till the end but made no ground on the Canadian Duo and was happy with 3rd in the end. Grats to Keith on his Perfect Night well deserved! Great fun thx Will for putting it on. Yves Maybe next time bud.

Bob went for it at T1 nudging D. Lemon out a bit and he got a tank slapper going as i arrived beside him and we bounced off each other a bit.

Sorry David, didn`t notice any contact at T1 in the race.

unfortunately the other driver steaming in 2 places back is not of the same calibre and duly came piling in sending me off towards Mugello...also creates a nice piece of mayhem in the process,he continues on his way happy in 8th place......i crawl out the dust down in 14th i think??,.

Have to giggle "fair play / correct"

clawing up to 3rd and on the back bumper of my team mate Nige in 3rd with Bob in the lead now tantalisingly in sight,

Yeah, I saw your name disappear then you were back to 3rd and all I kept thinking was, "Oh Noooo! werrrr dooomed Captn, doooomed a tell ye!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.5%